Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you believe in theory of multiple universes? (are there other worlds than this?)

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I do.

69 85.19%
  • No, I don't.

12 14.81%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: There are others worlds than these.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I voted yes. Until I see empirical proof of it being otherwise, I see no reason not to consider this a very realistic possibility.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

What R of G said

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Why would you think anyone would think that Letti? Now asking something like "Does Letti's avatar picture show how drop dead gorgeous she is?" Now THAT is a stupid question...or they're blind. Anyway...

As for proof? No, it's purely a strong belief I've had since I was 7 or 8 or so..now there is some scientific research going into it and from what I've read on that end there is a lot of evidence pointing towards the existence of a multi-verse. I've often thought that the things that over the years of mankinds existence, we've called supernatural have been contacts between this world and others. I believe there are parts of this world that are "thin", where you can often experience this kind of contact.
    Also, changing your consciousness, heightening it via drugs, or meditation or a big one, death is able to bring us into contact with other worlds.
    What this asshole said.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The Master sai blaine is on a distinguished road sai blaine's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...Here comes the men in white jackets ready to take you "home" Allhail...

So, earthlings..basically urm...end of the world...Here Come The Drums!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

They've already came and they made for a delicious breakfast. Send more please, and fatter ones this time.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The Master sai blaine is on a distinguished road sai blaine's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes Kingy...

*walks away slowly*

So, earthlings..basically urm...end of the world...Here Come The Drums!

Along the Path of the Beam zadok is on a distinguished road zadok's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zadok View Post
    Higher dimensions, yes. Multiverses, no.
    What do you personally mean by higher dimensions?

Nah, not for me.

We live in a 4 dimensional world. There are at least 10 dimensions. That means there are many things happening "behind the scenes", but that has nothing to do with alternate universes.
    There are other worlds than these...

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Higher dimensions, yes. Multiverses, no.
    What do you personally mean by higher dimensions?

Nah, not for me.

We live in a 4 dimensional world. There are at least 10 dimensions. That means there are many things happening "behind the scenes", but that has nothing to do with alternate universes.
    We live in a 4 dimensional world? How so?
    And there are at least 10??
    You made me curious. Give me more details, please.

Roland would have understood.

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In regards to a multiverse I vote yes.

There has been some empirical evidence that definitely points to the existence of multiple universes (not necessarily parallel universes).

Beyond the potential scientific evidence, the existence of mulitple, and even parallel universe, clears up a lot of theological/metaphysical questions (imo).

If every possible universe exists, as in Matt's example (poor guy ), then it might be possible that an intelligence exists that can view and interact with all possible universes simultaneously. It might even be possible that through quantum entanglement we may occasionally get a glimpse of these other universes (which lends itself to some intriguing explanations for "psychic" phenomenon).

Along the Path of the Beam zadok is on a distinguished road zadok's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post

Technically, we live in a 3 dimensional spatial world that we can measure (length, width and height), and the 4th is Time. See Einstein's General and Special Theory of Relativity.

When connected to Quantum Mechanics, at least 10 dimensions space/time/gravity etc. are required.
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/dimensions.html
    There are other worlds than these...

Traveler Toren is on a distinguished road

I'm an agnostic about a lot of things really.

Scientifically, it doesn't seem entirely plausible for there to be parallel worlds. A lot of people may say there is no evidence of parallel universes, so they likely do not exist, but if I may use an overused quote: "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." I'm too imaginative to rule out the possibility of things like these. I won't ever completely believe or disbelieve in things like this until I see hard evidence with my own eyes.

I don't believe they exist, but I don't disbelieve either, if that makes any sense.

While I'm not sure of the existance of parallel worlds, I certainly hope they and other things like them exist. It would be quite disappointing if everything supernatural turned out to be false and hoaxes, no?

EDIT: I didn't vote because I feel that neither of the choices apply to me.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree Toren--I believe it with all my heart.

Also destiny or Ka
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I absolutely believe in multi-universes. But maybe my definition of universe isn't the same as everyone else's. It's a little like the multi-demensional thing in that there is so much we as humans ARE NOT seeing/feeling/acknowledging. I don't necessarily believe there is another "me" living on planet Nimrodomania in Sector 19, Quandrant 23.

Hmmm, let me try to put this in an easy analogy: We are a lot like ants. Ants who travel back and forth, doing work and what we are told (for the most part). Doubting me at this moment? Look at the ants lined up, marching to destinations, doing what they need to do (picking up a crumb) then turning around and going back home. Then imagine yourself in an airplane, looking down at the ground, watching cars in lines...doing the same thing.

I don't know this for a fact, but I don't think ants realize we (humans) are here. To them we are like the unseen hand when step on them, brush them away with our brooms, destroy their homes. And when this happens...when we do something to disrupt their daily lives, they scatter and what was once "order" to them, turns in chaos. But after a few moments, they pick up the pieces and go right back to doing what they have always done.

This is exactly what humans do on a larger scale. After any kind of disaster... what we call order turns into fear and chaos...but we as a species do regroup and we recover.

I think we too have some sort of unseen hand that comes down disrupts us from time to time. Now I'm not saying that unseen hand is "god", but something more like we are to ants.

And to believe that, I would have to believe in things I cannot see, touch, feel or hear...something in another demension we cannot comprehend.

But I don't worry about it any more than the ants worry about me...it's just my place in nature.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Fish don't even know they are wet

Same kind of thing I am thinking

Gunslinger Apprentice JasKo is on a distinguished road JasKo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't drink water people, fish fuck in it... :/

(Sorry for offtopic, when Matt mentioned fish, I just had to say this!)
    /You Suck!

Citizen of Gilead Aesculapius is on a distinguished road Aesculapius's Avatar

12 universe dodecohedron makeup of this multiverse.

LVX
    Momma told me there would be DAYS like this. SHe is coming back around, though...to put things back the way they should be. HIS story? Nah...we've had enough of that.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

well I think that multi-verses explains a lot too... maybe that's why I used to see our cat walk through our house after he passed away... maybe he was visiting me from a multi-verse?

Explanation for ghosts? They're not really dead in the multi-verses?

Citizen of Gilead Aesculapius is on a distinguished road Aesculapius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by She-Oy View Post
    I absolutely believe in multi-universes. But maybe my definition of universe isn't the same as everyone else's. It's a little like the multi-demensional thing in that there is so much we as humans ARE NOT seeing/feeling/acknowledging. I don't necessarily believe there is another "me" living on planet Nimrodomania in Sector 19, Quandrant 23.

Hmmm, let me try to put this in an easy analogy: We are a lot like ants. Ants who travel back and forth, doing work and what we are told (for the most part). Doubting me at this moment? Look at the ants lined up, marching to destinations, doing what they need to do (picking up a crumb) then turning around and going back home. Then imagine yourself in an airplane, looking down at the ground, watching cars in lines...doing the same thing.

I don't know this for a fact, but I don't think ants realize we (humans) are here. To them we are like the unseen hand when step on them, brush them away with our brooms, destroy their homes. And when this happens...when we do something to disrupt their daily lives, they scatter and what was once "order" to them, turns in chaos. But after a few moments, they pick up the pieces and go right back to doing what they have always done.

This is exactly what humans do on a larger scale. After any kind of disaster... what we call order turns into fear and chaos...but we as a species do regroup and we recover.

I think we too have some sort of unseen hand that comes down disrupts us from time to time. Now I'm not saying that unseen hand is "god", but something more like we are to ants.

And to believe that, I would have to believe in things I cannot see, touch, feel or hear...something in another demension we cannot comprehend.

But I don't worry about it any more than the ants worry about me...it's just my place in nature.

The Lyon And The Gnat

To the still Covert of a Wood
    About the prime of Day,
    A Lyon, satiated with Food,
    With stately Pace, and sullen Mood,
    Now took his lazy way.

To Rest he there himself compos'd,
    And in his Mind revolv'd,
    How Great a Person it enclos'd,
    How free from Danger he repos'd,
    Though now in Ease dissolv'd!

Who Guard, nor Centinel did need,
    Despising as a Jest
    All whom the Forest else did feed,
    As Creatures of an abject Breed,
    Who durst not him molest.

But in the Air a Sound he heard,
    That gave him some dislike;
    At which he shook his grisly Beard,
    Enough to make the Woods affeard,
    And stretch'd his Paw to strike.

When on his lifted Nose there fell
    A Creature, slight of Wing,
    Who neither fear'd his Grin, nor Yell,
    Nor Strength, that in his Jaws did dwell,
    But gores him with her Sting.

Transported with th' Affront and Pain,
    He terribly exclaims,
    Protesting, if it comes again,
    Its guilty Blood the Grass shall stain.
    And to surprize it aims.

The scoffing Gnat now laugh'd aloud,
    And bids him upwards view
    The Jupiter within the Cloud,
    That humbl'd him, who was so proud,
    And this sharp Thunder threw.

That Taunt no Lyon's Heart cou'd bear;
    And now much more he raves,
    Whilst this new Perseus in the Air
    Do's War and Strife again declare,
    And all his Terrour braves.

Upon his haughty Neck she rides,
    Then on his lashing Tail;
    (Which need not now provoke his Sides)
    Where she her slender Weapon guides,
    And makes all Patience fail.

A Truce at length he must propose,
    The Terms to be her Own;
    Who likewise Rest and Quiet chose,
    Contented now her Life to close,
    When she'd such Triumph known.

You mighty Men, who meaner ones despise,
    Learn from this Fable to become more Wise;
    You see the Lyon may be vext with Flies

Anne Kingsmill Finch
    Momma told me there would be DAYS like this. SHe is coming back around, though...to put things back the way they should be. HIS story? Nah...we've had enough of that.

John F. Kennedy hisDudeness is on a distinguished road hisDudeness's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Universe is not a term I like. I perfer multiverse

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I can totally agree with you on that.

<--hugs the mulitverse

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post

Technically, we live in a 3 dimensional spatial world that we can measure (length, width and height), and the 4th is Time. See Einstein's General and Special Theory of Relativity.

When connected to Quantum Mechanics, at least 10 dimensions space/time/gravity etc. are required.
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/dimensions.html
    From the wiki article on string theory:

Another problem is that the vacuum structure of the theory, called the string theory landscape, is not well understood. As string theory is presently understood, it appears to contain a large number of distinct, meta-stable vacua, perhaps 10[pretend this is superscripted]500[/pretend this is superscripted] or more. Each of these corresponds to a different universe, with a different collection of particles and forces.
    Different dimensions and different universes.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

<--hugs the mulitverse
    *crushes hugged multiverse*

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes I more or less think they are all right here now tho'

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    yes, yes, yes, yes, yes I more or less think they are all right here now tho'
    Crushed universes?

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Mmmm, multiverse over crushed ice. I'm in!
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast