Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you believe in theory of multiple universes? (are there other worlds than this?)

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I do.

69 85.19%
  • No, I don't.

12 14.81%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: There are others worlds than these.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Default There are others worlds than these.

Do you believe in multiple universes?
    Don't hide the details of your views.

Roland would have understood.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe it so much I can barely function in normal society.

So much so that I gave my daughter an idea for a story called "the other me" that was so well received at school that she got an award for it.

I think every decision we make creates an alternate universe and that sometimes the walls between them are very thin. This is why I love the DT so much

great thread Letti
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Your views always amaze me, Matt.

Traveler lobstrositysoup is on a distinguished road lobstrositysoup's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I beleive in a multiverse a lot like king's theory actually. But yes, defininitly.

I think that some of the great authors who create their own other literary worlds get their ideas from visiting them

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe it so much I can barely function in normal society.
    I'll second that.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I definitely do. I have since I was very little in fact.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

It might sound a very stupid questions.. but do you guys have proofs or evidences or are these just feelings and thoughts, ideas?
    Let's tear apart this topic. It's so exciting.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Why would you think anyone would think that Letti? Now asking something like "Does Letti's avatar picture show how drop dead gorgeous she is?" Now THAT is a stupid question...or they're blind. Anyway...

As for proof? No, it's purely a strong belief I've had since I was 7 or 8 or so..now there is some scientific research going into it and from what I've read on that end there is a lot of evidence pointing towards the existence of a multi-verse. I've often thought that the things that over the years of mankinds existence, we've called supernatural have been contacts between this world and others. I believe there are parts of this world that are "thin", where you can often experience this kind of contact.
    Also, changing your consciousness, heightening it via drugs, or meditation or a big one, death is able to bring us into contact with other worlds.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nikolett, please pay most serious attention to the first paragraph of AllHail's post right above mine.

As for proofs - the experience (my own; my friends' and acquaintances' in the so-called real world; my friends' and other people's I have canvassed in my own thread very similar to this at .net; people reporting weird events in media - these last may be 99.99% bumhugs, but why should I suspect all?) shows that too many things can't be explained otherwise, while multiverse would explain a lot. I love Ockham's razor. If an assumption explains more than one phenomenon, I am inclined to like the assumption more than a dozen others that would explain every phenomenon separately.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well pay most serious attention to all of my post..

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

A bit no on proof for me but I do believe a persons perception has a lot to do with their reality. That being said, I also think that we don't "see" (or perceive) as much as we are capable of.

If you imagine the electromagnetic scale--we are only able to see a very small amount of the light spectrum. Now, that doesn't prove any thing and may seem disjointed but its just an example of what we are are not aware of happening around us all the time.

Also consider the famous Homer quote (Simpsons not the blind guy 0

Poor fish! They don't even know they are wet.

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, I see your points I really do but the way it's so natural for you that there are other worlds than this it's so natural to me to think in this only one.

Nice avoid Letti!

Country
    Country Flag

I know it makes me seem to be dull. But in fact I am.

(thanks AllHail )

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I also believe in other worlds/whens. I think what convinces me most is myths and legends.

Take something like dragons for instance. They are so ingrained in mythology, yet there would seem to be no scientific/historical evidence for them existing or having existed. So why are they so prevailent (sp)?

I would say thats because maybe in some other world they are/were a reality - and like CK says, there are places or altered states in which the ways between worlds are thin - and that some people may cross over and thats how we gain these myths etc.

I also have had these beliefs and theories since I was very young - although I still don't feel particularly eloquent on the subject, or maybe thats because its too contradictory? For example - I believe alot of legends may have formed from these chance encounters with other worlds, but I also believe many myths are easily rationalized as storys invented to explain certain phenomena or situations.
    I don't think a person necessarily physically travels to another place, I think perhaps only our subconcious does...read KPAX for more enlightenment

However - I also agree with Matt, that are reality is shaped very much by our perceptions of it. I think acceptance of concepts we might not personally be able to percieve or comprehend though is sometimes needed...a leap of faith I guess you'd say.

Country
    Country Flag

Do you think these worlds are different or similar or both?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

For me, there are as many differences as their are choices. There is a Matt somewhere that is still married to that witch for instance.

Country
    Country Flag

poor alternative Matt

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, I don't envy that bastard.

But I bet he does me

Along the Path of the Beam zadok is on a distinguished road zadok's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Higher dimensions, yes. Multiverses, no.
    There are other worlds than these...

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You didn't put a "Maybe" in this poll. I think it's a good possibility, but i have nothing to base that on other than maybe just the idea that I think it would be cool.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah, i voted yes because it just seems silly not to believe in other worlds.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Gunslinger Apprentice JasKo is on a distinguished road JasKo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes I do. And as long as there is no proof of it not existing, I'll continue believing it. I mean, the universe is so wide and big and huge, why wouldn't there be any other worlds, why wouldn't there be any other parallelworlds?

That's all the proof I need!
    /You Suck!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zadok View Post
    Higher dimensions, yes. Multiverses, no.
    What do you personally mean by higher dimensions?

The Master sai blaine is on a distinguished road sai blaine's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I voted yes, i think parallel worlds do exist but are sadly shut to us and hidden beneath the fabric of reality... Maybe UFOs are people from parallel words that have found a hole in time and space and have been able to enter.. Maybe there are holes or "doors" that allow us access to these worlds and people have stumbled on them by mistake? Like the Bermuder Triangle?...

So, earthlings..basically urm...end of the world...Here Come The Drums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast