Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who Will Win The Battle ?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rogue

18 69.23%
  • Wonder Woman

8 30.77%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: VERSUS Battle #5 – Rogue Vs. Wonder Woman ! Please Vote !

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Default VERSUS Battle #5 – Rogue Vs. Wonder Woman ! Please Vote !

Ladies and Gentlemen, Comic-Geeks, Fanboys and Girls - Let’s Get Ready To Rumble !!!!

The fifth VERSUS battle is now open!

Please place your votes and make your claims!

This thread will be open for approximately two weeks of comments, grandstanding, and claims of the invincible!

Pick your winner and let us know why you did !

Rogue VERSUS Wonder Woman

Rogue :

Rogue is a mutant who possesses the ability to absorb the memories, abilities, and personality of other beings through skin-to-skin contact. Such transfers lasted for 60 times longer than the contact time, with extended contact resulting in the possibility of permanent absorption. No upper limit had been determined for the number of beings Rogue could simultaneously imprint. Upon absorbing another's memories, Rogue also gained any associated emotional responses. Rogue is typically able to control such emotions, however absorbing psyches more powerful than her own resulted in Rogue’s psyche being supplanted. After permanently absorbing the powers of Ms. Marvel, Rogue possessed an amalgamated mutant human/alien Kree physiology that granted her a degree of immunity to poisons, and a virtually indestructible body. Rogue also possessed Ms. Marvel's above normal reflexes and psychic "seventh sense" that enabled her to subconsciously anticipate an opponent’s moves. She also gained Ms. Marvel's incredible strength, and supersonic flight.

Wonder Woman :

Wonder Woman's body is a mystical creation made from the clay surrounding Themyscira. Through divine means, her disembodied soul was nurtured in and retrieved from the Well of Souls. Once the soul was placed into the body it immediately came to life, and was blessed with metahuman abilities by six Olympian deities. Demeter, the Goddess of agriculture and fertility, blessed Wonder Woman with strength drawn from the Earth spirit Gaea, making her one of the physically strongest heroes in the DCU. Aphrodite, the Goddess of love and beauty, blessed Diana with great beauty and a loving heart. Pallas Athena, the Goddess of wisdom and war, granted Diana great wisdom, intelligence and military prowess. Artemis, Goddess of the hunt, animals and the Moon, graced Diana with the Eyes of the Hunter and Unity with Beasts. The Eye of the Hunter ability gives Diana a full range of enhanced senses. Unity with Beasts grants her the ability to communicate with all forms of animal life, as well as to calm even the most ferocious of beasts. Hermes, the messenger God of speed, granted Diana superhuman speed, and the ability to fly. Through an act of concentration, Diana can mystically defy the laws of gravity and propel herself through the air to achieve flight - she is capable of sublight speeds.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

this one was pretty straightforward for me.

Along the Path of the Beam pookie is on a distinguished road pookie's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

In that picture Rogue looks like Mena Sevari in American Beauty which is distracting. But while Wonder Woman always has the same distinctive look, Rogue shows up in many different looks so I guess one can take their pick on which look they like best. Need to think a little on who would win the battle. Um, Wonder Woman...wow wee

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've got to wonder if Rogue can steal Wonder Woman's powers. I think she can.
    Rogue all the way.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Rogue would steal her powers and knock her unconscious in a matter of seconds, no contest
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Gay

Here's my question.. Yes, Rogue could steal WW powers... but how the heck would she get close enough to her to touch her and, more importantly, hold on for any kind of time?! That's Rogue's downfall. As soon as she got close - they'd be fighting.

WW could use her lasso to capture Rogue and it's all done.

They both fly.
    They both are very strong.

I am leaning towards WW on this one ( which bugs me, actually, since Rogue is one of my all time favorite characters! )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Here's my question.. Yes, Rogue could steal WW powers... but how the heck would she get close enough to her to touch her and, more importantly, hold on for any kind of time?! That's Rogue's downfall. As soon as she got close - they'd be fighting.

WW could use her lasso to capture Rogue and it's all done.

They both fly.
    They both are very strong.

I am leaning towards WW on this one ( which bugs me, actually, since Rogue is one of my all time favorite characters! )
    This is exactly me!
    Rouge is cooler.
    But I agree with she couln't be able to get close&touch WW long enough to beat her.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

well she has 7th sense, so it wouldn't be hard to anticipate attacks, and then "catch" one of WW punches. I can see it end from there

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    well she has 7th sense, so it wouldn't be hard to anticipate attacks, and then "catch" one of WW punches. I can see it end from there
    Wonder Woman has the "Eye of a Hunter" ... ie - increased ability there.

The Eye of the Hunter ability gives Diana a full range of enhanced senses

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Country
    Country Flag

BUT, WW can't really hit Rogue without losing her power unless she wears gloves or hit Rogue somewhere covered up. WW tends to go for the face in a fight, and all Rogue needs is one second of contact. It's not like the movie, her power is actually faster than that from what I have seen over the years (unless it's been retconned and I don't know it).
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

My Mood
    Gay

WW could just whack Rogue with her arm cuffs!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Rogue
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Gay

Odetta... it's these long talks that make me feel so close to you.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can see it going either way.

(Incidentally, does Rogue still have Ms Marvel's abilities? I read an X-Man book the other day and she seemed to be completely ground based, just using her absorption abilities like the film version. Not that it matters really, I'll assume we're going for the souped up version.)

Rogue certainly has more all-round power and the ability to absorb other peoples. Wonder Woman is powerful but her abilities are finite. That would suggest Rogue has the edge there.

Considering their personalities and skills though...

I get the impression (which might be wrong) that WW is older and more experienced. She also comes across very confident whilst Rogue constantly doubts herself, mainly due to the guilt of her dark past and the devastation her powers can cause.

(By the way, I understand WW's lasso of truth forces people to tell the truth, but does it render them immobile too? Beyond that of being tied up with a rope I mean. (It's not completely indestructible apparently, although I think it would be tough enough to hold Rogue.)

I think Wonder Woman would need to bring all her skills and abilities to bear, but I think I'll go with her.

My Mood
    Gay

I think you're on the money, Brainslinger.

Oh, I thought Rogue divested of Ms. Marvel... not sure though. Also, not sure why I chose the word "divested".

I am assuming that both bring their absolute A-Game to the battle, and I had to go with WW because I can't see her allowing Rogue to get close enough to gain her strengh.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Oh, I though Rogue divested of Ms. Marvel... not sure though. Also, not sure why I chose the word "divested".

Country
    Country Flag

All it takes is one second's touch and it's all over. Just one second. That's a lot to bank on.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

discussing this with jeff and this was his comment "it all comes down to this: can you lay your hands on the bitch? no, you can't. case closed."

i had already voted for rogue.

Country
    Country Flag

Sure you can lay hands on her. Wait until she swings at you and bam, you've touched her. Rogue doesn't have to put her hands on her. She can just let WW hit her in the face and her power will do it's magic.

Plus, they both can fly, they both have super strength, and Rogue can take anyone's powers for her own all by a single touch. WW would have to suit up, head to toe, in something so no skin was showing to fight her. And then she has to hope nothing gets torn away. They are very close to equals in the power department. Skin-on-Skin, that's all it takes. I've been in plenty of fights, some even involved weapons, and they ALL had skin-to-skin contact of some sort.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

all rogue has to do is get superman, flash, or whoever you choose drunk, touch him, gain his power for a little bit, zap up to wonder women for..what? half a second, touch her, and boom. game over
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    All it takes is one second's touch and it's all over. Just one second. That's a lot to bank on.
    Um, I have to disagree with this... just on principal because a second is a long time when you're facing Wonder Woman. It's not like Diana is just gonna stand there while this is happening!

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    discussing this with jeff and this was his comment "it all comes down to this: can you lay your hands on the bitch? no, you can't. case closed."

i had already voted for rogue.
    I like Jeff. He needs an account and he needs to get his vote in now !!

However, you already voted for Rogue?!??! Jeeze!

( I don't have the mod powers to edit the poll... if you want to change your vote, we'll need intervention - lemme know )

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    all rogue has to do is get superman, flash, or whoever you choose drunk, touch him, gain his power for a little bit, zap up to wonder women for..what? half a second, touch her, and boom. game over
    Okay, this is a battle between Rogue and Wonder Woman, not every hero in the JLA against Wonder Woman... though I do like that you have Rogue getting them all drunk !!!

I see it like this - they're both airborne, cause if you can fly, you will - and WW uses her lasso to bind Rogue's hands and then pummels her. Game over. Wonder Woman wins.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

( I don't have the mod powers to edit the poll... if you want to change your vote, we'll need intervention - lemme know )

Yuo should be able to edit it. Are you sure?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

I'm pretty sure I can't... or rather... have no idea how to.

BUT - I'm not sure sarajean wants her vote changed or not, regardless.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

no, don't edit mine. if jeff wants to vote he can create an account and vote for his-own-damn-self.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast