Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween! (post pictures!)

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Default Halloween! (post pictures!)

So, Halloween is coming up soon. This will be a thread to talk about your costume plans and to show off previous costumes.

I normally have my costume planned before Spring is even over, but this year I wasn't very inspired. However, a few weeks ago, I decided that I am going to be The Crimson King, but not the lame end of the story CK.

I'm going to get a white wig and beard, and a friend of mine is going to help me with some flowing red robes.

I ordered some Black Out cosmetic contact lenses. I thought about going with red lenses, but the more I thought about the Crimson King, the more blackouts seemed to fit. This is because( spoiler about the CK's origins below)

Spoiler:
    of the the stuff in the comics regarding his ancestory with his mother being a creature of the Prim. So, given that, blacked out spidery looking eyes seemed more appropriate.

I'm also going to buy some long, black and pointy fake nails.

Now, I have two sets of movie fx teeth that I am looking at, and I can't decide which I should choose. I am looking for some opinions from Dark Tower fans here.

I can't decide because of stuff about the Crimson King's past as well.

Now, these teeth just look really mean and cool:

http://www.dentaldistortions.com/htm...cts_lucius.htm

However
    Spoiler:
    Pennywise/Dandelo is also a spider like creature, and most likely from the Prim as well.
    With that in mind, they have Pennywise teeth from the TV miniseries here, which might be a good idea:
    http://www.dentaldistortions.com/htm..._pennywise.htm

What do you folks think?
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I like both (unhelpful, I know ) but, on the page for the Lucius teeth, in the "new for 2007" bit I think the 4th set of teeth along would also be pretty cool. They look quite cannibalistic.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Sounds all great OChrisO (except of disagreeing with you about the "lame end" which I'm assuming you mean
    Spoiler:
    the CK going mad and being weakened at the end
    , even though his eyes are crimson in both human and spider forms he can shape shift to look like what he wants to so having a different looking set of eyes can work.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool thread.

Last year I was a very drunk and stoned Jack Skellington This year I was planning on dressing up as a droog, but that scene is so burned that I dont know if I still want to.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Paris is going to be Hannah Montana (like every other girl on the planet) or Pucca this year. I'm trying to convince her to be Pucca.

I'm still trying to decide what I want to be. Last year I was a zombie. Aaron was a zombie too. Halloween was so much more exciting when my mom made my costumes.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Paris is going to be Hannah Montana (like every other girl on the planet) or Pucca this year. I'm trying to convince her to be Pucca.

She's going to be whom?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My Halloween costume is top secret every year (only DBF knows), but I'm kind of into a "bad pun" trend. One year I was a cat burglar, dressed all in black with assorted cat toys hanging out of my pockets and a stuffed cat in my arms. Last year I was dirty laundry, a clothes bag with assorted items attached (including lingerie - DIRTY laundry, get it? I know CK does). This year is another bad pun, but you'll have to wait until Halloween to find out.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Hmmmm I'm thinking of going as my "man" Richard P. Sayre...and I have no idea what you're talking about Dag..

Too bad we couldn't all get together at someones house for a big Dark Tower themed Halloween bash!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Fly to Colorado and you can come to DBF's. Come in costume or be dressed at the door. And you won't like it if we dress you at the door. Especially if we're drunk.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

THAT would rock! I HAVE to come dressed at all?? Where is the fun in that??

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I can give you a long blond wig and you can be Lady Godiva

Hmmmmmmm now theres an interesting thought!

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Too bad we couldn't all get together at someones house for a big Dark Tower themed Halloween bash!
    I'll be Roland! CK can be a Whore of the Wind.

On topic: I haven't dressed up for Halloween in 10 years. I was The Crow that year (Bradon Lee crow, not that shit afterwards). I always have to work and never get to go out for it anymore. My wife and I were going to be Buffy and Spike a few years ago but that fell through.

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Over the last few years, I've been Hellboy (2006)

Marv from Sin City (2004)

and Indiana Jones (2004).

I'm open for suggestions for ought-seven.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Blake, post your Silent Bob costume. I love that picture. You look just like him.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

Heh. Well, that WAS a classic...

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

AWESOME.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit! You DO look just like him! That's awesome!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

If only there was money to be made as a Kevin Smith impersonator.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

So true, so true.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is Chris and I as Poison Ivy and Hellboy from a couple years ago.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

You can see my Hellboy costume from 2005 up there in erin's post and you can see my Pennywise costume from when I was in highschool here:

Here's my V costume from last year:

I love Halloween. I look forward to it more than any other time of year.
    Last edited by OchrisO; 06-08-2008 at 03:48 AM.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You just wait. I'll post pics of DBF's house. He is OBSESSED with Halloween.

*skips off to find the link*

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Monte you have to do the Buffster and Spike - that'd be too cool

Silent Bob!!! Snootchie bootchies!!

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast