Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: VeryFineBooks Contest--Limited Traycase and copy of The Stand

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default VeryFineBooks Contest--Limited Traycase and copy of The Stand

I now there is discussion about this contest in the Collectors forum but I wanted to also put a thread here so general site membership could take advantage of it as well.

Please go over and answer the very easy questions, this contest is too great to pass up.

VeryFineBooks Contest

For more information on this special black variant case, click here.

From skcollector.com:
    This case features a white faux leather grain pattern with the title in bold black text and the author stamped in red foil. The font was selected to match the font used on the book Dust Jacket. There's an oval opening in the front that allows a portion of the beautifully designed DJ to be seen when enclosed in the case. A three sided inner box allows for very easy removal of the book with no excess tightness. The case is shut via hidden neodymium magnets -giving a very satisfying snap when closed.

Multiple prototypes were made (and scrapped) to get the design just right. From the materials used, to the shape and size of the oval window, to the number and size of magnets used to shut the case with the correct force while keeping it easy to open when desired. I'm confident you'll love this case!
    Emmanuel from VFB has just become a special contributor to our fund raiser and I would love it if he got some good hits on his contest.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Done!

Would be a nice thing to win, for sure !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I now there is discussion about this contest in the Collectors forum but I wanted to also put a thread here so general site membership could take advantage of it as well.

Please go over and answer the very easy questions, this contest is too great to pass up.

VeryFineBooks Contest

For more information on this special black variant case, click here.

From skcollector.com:
    This case features a white faux leather grain pattern with the title in bold black text and the author stamped in red foil. The font was selected to match the font used on the book Dust Jacket. There's an oval opening in the front that allows a portion of the beautifully designed DJ to be seen when enclosed in the case. A three sided inner box allows for very easy removal of the book with no excess tightness. The case is shut via hidden neodymium magnets -giving a very satisfying snap when closed.

Multiple prototypes were made (and scrapped) to get the design just right. From the materials used, to the shape and size of the oval window, to the number and size of magnets used to shut the case with the correct force while keeping it easy to open when desired. I'm confident you'll love this case!
    Emmanuel from VFB has just become a special contributor to our fund raiser and I would love it if he got some good hits on his contest.

You do realize you are lessening yours and my chances of winning it, right?

Seriously, it's an awesome contest. Thanks to Emmanuel and Tomas for making it possible.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

<----throws his name into the hat
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well you guys can probably all forget about it as the winning entry was made two days ago! :-)

really - if it was it was probably Ari!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I did mine two days ago!!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice wahlers will become famous soon enough

This contest brought up a question that I've had for awhile.

(Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

The original 5 Doubleday hardcovers came out in a smaller format (approx. 5.75" x 8.5"). Therefore, the first edition of The Stand was the same size. I have a copy of it -- it's not a first edition, but it's not a bookclub edition (although I do have one of those, so I know that they are not the same).

For later pressings (I've been told around the time of Pet Semetary), Doubleday changed the size of Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining and Night Shift to the newer, more standard size of approximately 6.25" x 9.5".

What I am wondering is this:

Can anybody confirm if the original version of The Stand was also reissued in the larger size?

No offense, but I'm looking for somebody who actually has or has had an actual copy of the original version in hardcover in the 6.25" x 9.5" size, and not just rumors or hearsay.

Otherwise, is it possible that they were already making plans to do the Uncut version at that time, and therefore did not reissue the original version in the larger size?

Thanks in advance for any time or effort that is put into this!

-Wahlers

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Wahlers--welcome to the site.

I would probably pose this question in the Collectors Forum. It's called Calvin's Corner and they have a great thread in there called Collecting Questions.

We have some of the most prolific SK collectors in the world on this site so I am sure you will find the answer you are looking for.

Gunslinger Apprentice wahlers will become famous soon enough

Thank you very much.

I'll pose the same question there.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thank you Matt, I am in!!!