Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Female Artists

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Grace Potter & the Nocturnals. I've been listening to them quite a bit lately.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYrdfFpxTXQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYrdfFpxTXQ[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByUdhNhy9po"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByUdhNhy9po[/ame]
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sarah Brightman
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I just realized no one has mentioned Dar Williams yet.
    Or me

Blaine the Terror Train Mad Man is on a distinguished road Mad Man's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Simone Simons - the lead vocal of Epica

I am the one I am the one
    The godlike terror train
    The superior, artificial brain
    Feel free to call me Blaine!

John F. Kennedy ScottRiley is on a distinguished road ScottRiley's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So many great female vocalists and I think you guys have hit a lot of them, I'll throw these out as some of my favourite female vocalists (if you knew me, I think a few of these would surprise you given the taste of music I broadcast through band t-shirts and band tattoos!)

First, I think Kate Bush is amazing and just love her voice, it's my biggest guilty pleasure but I think she's awesome.

Karen Carpenter was awesome.

Joan Baez is a legend, LOVE her voice, smoking psychedelic chick, a voice you couldn't help falling in love with, awesome song-writer and handy with a guitar

Grace Slick is the ULTIMATE rock chick, the hottest gal ever! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1cfTMdjkYM"]YouTube - Somebody To Love/White Rabbit Jefferson Airplane[/ame]

And she wrote Surrealistic Pillow, one of the greatest albums ever made IMO, I would go back to 1970 right now just to not feel weird fantasizing about the smoking babe that went from to .

Now, not saying she hasn't aged well, but damn!

Memphis Minnie, I adore old crackly blues and the velvet blues voices of some of the ladies from that era, she's GREAT, plus she wrote 'When The Levee Breaks'...that song is so damn good.

2 of my favourite musicians are female, both predominantly instrumentalists:

Kaki King - Wonderful creative technique with that guitar
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shYdqbJgQdc"]YouTube - Kaki King - Playing With Pink Noise (Live)[/ame]

Hiromi Uehara - Unbelievably talented experimental jazz pianist
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-HHG5B4GZs"]YouTube - TIME DIFFERENCE - HIROMI'S SONICBLOOM LIVE[/ame]

I would marry either of them in a heartbeat! And I would cut my legs off for the chance of jamming with Hiromi

Also, Jennifer Batten is an amazing guitarist, famous for playing on Michael Jackson's 'Dirty Diana', one of the true shred pioneers and massively underrated.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZoKW9fVWbo"]YouTube - Jennifer Batten - Mental Graffiti[/ame]

There's probably tonnes I'm missing, but that's what I have to add to the already awesome list

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Scott !! Karen Carpenter !! Freakin'Yeah!!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ScottRiley View Post
    Memphis Minnie, I adore old crackly blues and the velvet blues voices of some of the ladies from that era, she's GREAT, plus she wrote 'When The Levee Breaks'...that song is so damn good.
    Very nice. Memphis Minnie is a true gem.

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Kimya Dawson - Oh Christ, she's bloody wonderful. And one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.

Karen Dalton, also, is very brilliant.

May not be to everybody's taste, but I'd say give 'em both a listen.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaRiley View Post
    Kimya Dawson - Oh Christ, she's bloody wonderful. And one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.
    I absolutely love the Juno soundtrack !

( her looks remind me very much of Ani DeFranco )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes! She does have a look of Ani DeFranco. I've grown a real big soft spot for her recently. I like Giants is my current obsession.
    She's so great.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Nick Stefanos will become famous soon enough Nick Stefanos's Avatar

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Bettye Swann may be my favorite female soul singer of all time.

Dunno how to post YouTube vids here, but this is her cover of Merle Haggard's "Today I Started Loving You Again" which has been covered by about a billion country artists, but this arrangement is the best of them all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpuhKb3_heE

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Ann and Nancy Wilson!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Janis Joplin
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Amanda Fucking Palmer

Go here: https://www.youtube.com/user/amandapalmer

Enjoy.

On top of being an excellent artist, she also seems to just be an amazing person all around
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Erica.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-qUMAtQaQQ

Funky Nassua!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Female?

I cut them both off because a male began both.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, but you can't do one without the other...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcJM5meP67s
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there any gal better at the blues?

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

YMA SUMAC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Is there any gal better at the blues?

Well......... Not dissing, Janis, but there are a few in the argument is all...

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast