Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Female Artists

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

He was with her on the american doll posse tour, correct?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

He was indeed. He's done most, if not all, of the tours with her since 1998, except, of course, the ones where she is by herself.

Jareth's Goblin Queen soylentjillian is on a distinguished road soylentjillian's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    And I'm assuming this means another tour for her, or at least I'm hoping so. She is just amazing to watch live.
    I wish she would come to Alaska.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Here's some info Jillian, taken from her website:

TORI AMOS TO RELEASE "ABNORMALLY ATTRACTED TO SIN" ON MAY 19. PLUS TRACKLISTING ANNOUNCED.

Tori Amos will release her Universal Republic debut album, ABNORMALLY ATTRACTED TO SIN, on May 19, 2009. AOL Music's Spinner.com will premiere today, Tuesday, March 10 the album's cover art and tracklisting, as well as an interview where Tori discusses the record.

Tori will offer a sneak-peek at some of the songs from ABNORMALLY ATTRACTED TO SIN at this year's South By Southwest Music Conference in Austin, TX when she will headline the Universal Republic Records Showcase. The showcase, one of the most anticipated events in the conference's two decade-plus history, is on Thursday, March 19, and will be held at the historic club La Zona Rosa.

A DVD of corresponding 'visualettes' for each track will accompany the deluxe version of ABNORMALLY ATTRACTED TO SIN. These interlocking episodic films bring to life the narrative arc of the album. The footage was captured over the past year and shot with a noir twist in HD and Super 8.

The album was produced by Tori and features longtime contributors Matt Chamberlain on drums, Jon Evans on bass, and Mac Aladdin on guitars. Once again Tori is joined in the studio by Mark Hawley and Marcel Van Limbeek who recorded and mixed the album at Martian Engineering in Cornwall, England. ABNORMALLY ATTRACTED TO SIN is the singer's tenth studio album, and is sure to be regarded by fans and critics as another innovative chapter in the artist's trailblazing career.

For nearly two decades, Tori Amos' stark lyrical flourishes and inspired musicianship have shaped the musical landscape. She is also considered one of the most emotionally powerful live artists in music today. Her most recent world tour, launched in the summer of 2007, with media platforms such as the BBC who lauded both her live show and album as 'returning Tori Amos back to the forefront of a genre she defined...still pushing her own boundaries.'

The tracklisting for ABNORMALLY ATTRACTED TO SIN is as follows:
    Give
    Welcome to England
    Strong Black Vine
    Flavor
    Not Dying Today
    Maybe California
    Curtain Call
    Fire to Your Plain
    Police Me
    That Guy
    Abnormally Attracted to Sin
    500 Miles
    Mary Jane
    Starling
    Fast Horse
    Ophelia
    Lady in Blue

I'm especially interested in seeing those videos for each song. Should be interesting.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Like country music or not ( and to me they are not country music artists ) you really should consider the Dixie Chicks.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

I agree, they're not all that country. Now, if you want real country, as in the country blues which is missing from pop country, check out Neko Case. Now that's country and it's damn good.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I know she's probably in everyone's top five, but I'm going to say Ashlee Simpson since no one has mentioned her yet. Throw in Avril Lavigne too. I love punk music.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

*kills self*
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

*beats Brice's chest*

Live dammit!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ashlee makes me not want to.

And Avril is practically the polar opposite of punk.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Fixed this for you.

Jareth's Goblin Queen soylentjillian is on a distinguished road soylentjillian's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the Tori info!!!

And I do like the Dixie Chicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Then, I call you Goblin Queen.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Fixed this for you.

If you rescue me

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Fixed this for you.

I just realized no one has mentioned Dar Williams yet.

My Mood
    Gay

I've seen Dar Williams a couple of times, and honestly - no offense to anyone - but I just don't see it. To me, all her songs feel and sound the exact same. At least in concert.

( my ex used to take me to see a lot of independent artists )

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    I know she's probably in everyone's top five, but I'm going to say Ashlee Simpson since no one has mentioned her yet. Throw in Avril Lavigne too. I love punk music.
    There's a bloody good reason they haven't been mentioned...
    Primarily, the fact that they're shite.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaRiley View Post
    You don't know me well, but I was being ridiculously sarcastic. I have a tattoo of Elliott Smith and I'm about as far from mainstream as you can be, except I love John Mayer and Dave Mathews Band.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Like country music or not ( and to me they are not country music artists ) you really should consider the Dixie Chicks.
    Nobody hate me, but I liked their version of "Landslide" a lot better than the original Nicks/Buckingham one.

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaRiley View Post
    You don't know me well, but I was being ridiculously sarcastic. I have a tattoo of Elliott Smith and I'm about as far from mainstream as you can be, except I love John Mayer and Dave Mathews Band.
    Praise Jesus...I hoped as much.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone knows who I'm talking about they still might not agree with me, but Diamanda Galas has an incredible voice with an amazing range. It is however an acquired taste.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

yay! lots of new stuff to listen to. I've been listening to a lot of music from the 70's and 80's that really appeals to me, but I want some modern female music, honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Then, I call you Goblin Queen.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKKEKW9NG8w"]YouTube - Kate Rusby - Goodman - The Big Ask, KOKO 1st May[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nLM0azB0H0"]YouTube - Kate Rusby-The Yorkshire Couple[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyFc-pbcO94"]YouTube - Kate Rusby - Awkward annie (with lyrics)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgidfxhVAFU"]YouTube - Kate Rusby-Sir Eglamore[/ame]

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Nobody hate me, but I liked their version of "Landslide" a lot better than the original Nicks/Buckingham one.
    I agree. Wholeheartedly.

( and never for one second thought you liked Ashlee Simpson )
    Last edited by turtlex; 03-30-2009 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Proud that I had no idea how to spell Ashlee Simpson's name... had to edit it.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

catatonia (i heart cerys matthews' voice)

i am the mob

mulder and scully

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast