Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: sarajean

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Default sarajean

crap. i forgot i was supposed to start this today.

here's the abridged story of me:

born 1979 outside of san diego, ca. parents divorced when i was a year old, and my mom took off, so it was just me and my da until he re-married in 1987. the woman he married (who he now refers to as "hagus maximus") was an abusive bitch, so in 1989, i moved to montana to live with my mom and her then husband. he turned out to be an abusive asshole. she finally left him in 1993, and i stayed with her until 1996. at that point, my dad divorced ms maximus and i returned to cali to live with him. spent senior year going to at least 5 shows a week, rarely paying to get in. graduated from high school in 1997, spent a brief amount of time at a graphic arts school, but developed pneumonia and had to drop out. summer 1998, i met jeff and we got married that hallowe'en. following september drake was born. jeff got hurt at work in april 2000, so i had to go back to work. spent the next 7 years steadily advancing in position at a major wireless company until they decided to let me go for "sending personal emails" from my work station. (my manager at the time told me that it was really because i was considered a "rabble-rouser" by upper management) found another job at a local hotel, and was moving up the chain there until our move last week to NC.

ask me silly questions, i'll play silly games.
    Last edited by sarajean; 08-03-2009 at 11:22 AM.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

so do you prefer round or square and why?

who is your real baby daddy?

How did we meet and when was our first phone call

when did you realize that you knew everything there was to know about pop culture and that you could take anyone down who tried to challenge you?

what the hell is the ka-tet of loathing?

what is your latest Lost theory?

What is your favorite twilight saga book?

what is your favorite Phillip K. Dick book?

what is your favorite song by the Pixie's

Have you ever 'saved the drama for yo mama'?

EDIT:

Oh and you know I'm only your friend because of your rockin' hot bod, right?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

( I think this is the first Staff Spotlight to start with the word "crap" - well done! )

Now... the questions :

Where in Montana did you live? Do you ever miss it? ( i love montana )

What is your favorite game?

What's it like to be a RabbleRouser? Do you get a jacket or membership card of some kind?

Of all the shows you went and saw, which was your favorite and why?

If you could tour with one band for one week - which and why?

Where did you meet Jeff?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

so do you prefer round or square and why? neither. isosceles trapezoids are where it's at, baby.

who is your real baby daddy? you. but don't tell jeff.

How did we meet and when was our first phone call
    the dark tower, dur. our first phone call was on your birthday. i think you were drinking lime jello shots. you were fuuuuuuuuuuuucked up.

when did you realize that you knew everything there was to know about pop culture and that you could take anyone down who tried to challenge you? the day i realized i could take you down.

what the hell is the ka-tet of loathing? an IRC group of which you and i are the two remaining members.

what is your latest Lost theory?
    still the daniel=jacob thing. so far, only jeff and mikestache are on board, though.

What is your favorite twilight saga book?
    breaking dawn. bella is finally a leech.

what is your favorite Philip K. Dick book?
    oooh, too hard. um...right now, it'd probably be the solar lottery.

what is your favorite song by the Pixie's? cactus. i miss your kissing and i miss your head, but a letter in your writing doesn't mean you're not dead.

Have you ever 'saved the drama for yo mama'? no.

EDIT:

Oh and you know I'm only your friend because of your rockin' hot bod, right? i wouldn't have it any other way.

( I think this is the first Staff Spotlight to start with the word "crap" - well done! ) sweet. i'm totally cool like that.

Now... the questions :

Where in Montana did you live? Do you ever miss it? ( i love montana ) two tiny little towns. noxon and heron. sometimes i miss the people, but i really hated the small town-yness about living in a small town.

What is your favorite game? board game? clue. i kick everyone's ass at clue.

What's it like to be a RabbleRouser? Do you get a jacket or membership card of some kind? well, i've always been one to stir the shit. i refuse to just sit still and shut the fuck up. i only wish i got a card and a jacket. maybe someone can make me one?

Of all the shows you went and saw, which was your favorite and why? less than jake, the descendents and guttermouth. i got to meet milo and witness a bonafide riot.

If you could tour with one band for one week - which and why? while they're not my favourite, i'd love to tour with gwar. their shows are always good times.

Where did you meet Jeff? at a coffeehouse (back to the grind) in riverside, ca. i was there on a friday to see his friend's band play and i heard him talking about having had 2 ounces of nugs in his hands earlier that day. i turned around, saw how hot he was and said "hi, my name is sarajean. i like your hat. can i wear it?"
    Last edited by sarajean; 07-21-2009 at 08:37 AM.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What is your favorite King book?

What's your favorite science fiction author and book?

If there was one thing you could do over (you don't have to change it, you could just want to experience it again), what would it be?

What's your favorite movie?

Who's your favorite actor/actress?

Do you or did you play any sort of sport?

What are your hobbies?

Do you have any regrets?

How old were you the first time you kissed a boy?

Was your first time any good or did it suck like most everyone else's?

Last question, what is you honest-to-goodness favorite activity? (I just hope it ain't eating donuts.)

Where in NC? (I'm about 30 miles south of Charlotte in Lancaster, SC)
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

What is your favorite King book? this is another tough one. re-read the most times, probably the gunslinger. it was one of the first i read.

What's your favorite science fiction author and book? most people consider philip k dick science fiction, so he'd be it. currently i'm leaning toward the solar lottery as my favourite (see above). other than pkd, my favourite scifi novel is the lights in the sky are stars by fredric brown.

If there was one thing you could do over (you don't have to change it, you could just want to experience it again), what would it be? the night we got married in vegas.

What's your favorite movie? of all time? harold and maude.

Who's your favorite actor/actress? gary oldman

Do you or did you play any sort of sport? no. i'm waaaaaay too clumsy for that.

What are your hobbies? reading.

Do you have any regrets? too many to name here.

How old were you the first time you kissed a boy?
    5. ramon candellara (i think that's how you spell his last name) under the jungle gym at recess in kindergarten. then this first grade bitch named danielle stole him away from me.

Was your first time any good or did it suck like most everyone else's? it was someone i barely knew. so, no...not that great.

Last question, what is you honest-to-goodness favorite activity? (I just hope it ain't eating donuts.) reading a good book. for reals. i tune everything else out. my family hates that about me.

Where in NC? (I'm about 30 miles south of Charlotte in Lancaster, SC)
    jacksonville. i'm right near camp lejeune.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What prompted the move to NC? Do you think you'll miss CA much?

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Favorite cocktail?

Any other baking specialties other than your peanut butter cookies?

Any plans for more kids?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

hello sarajean

i am glad you've returned. it's been fun getting to know you and i like forward to talking with you much more.

i know that you once played piano but do not currently. any plans of playing again some day?

if you could learn to play any other instrument(s) which one(s) would you like to learn?

if you could see any artist/band past or present, who would it be?

what currently active artist/band that you haven't seen live would you most like to see?

what is your favorite live music venue that you've been to?

that's all for now, but i am sure there will be more. thanks for taking the time to do this.

What prompted the move to NC? a desperate need to get my family out of california. my dad is here, and my brother is stationed here, so....

Do you think you'll miss CA much?
    other than disneyland, ferny, sarah and my connect, not really.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? i can't answer this because i haven't been everywhere i'd like to go. somewhere that stays around 70° (F) most of the year that isn't too dry would be nice.

Favorite cocktail? if i didn't say cosmos, sarah and ferny would kill me.

Any other baking specialties other than your peanut butter cookies?
    i bake a mean mac and cheese. as far as sweets go, the pb cookies are what i've always been famous for.

Any plans for more kids? jeff wants to try for a girl, but i'm undecided.

hello sarajean hi! (i've been drinking)

i am glad you've returned. it's been fun getting to know you and i look forward to talking with you much more. and i, you.

i know that you once played piano but do not currently. any plans of playing again some day? perhaps if one of the kids picks it up, i'll try again. or if we get a piano.

if you could learn to play any other instrument(s) which one(s) would you like to learn? i also started learning to play bass, but never followed through with that. non-stringed, i've always had a thing for the trombone.

if you could see any artist/band past or present, who would it be? too hard whilst drunk. i'll come back to this one.

what currently active artist/band that you haven't seen live would you most like to see? pixies...but they're not totally active. so...the magnetic fields.

what is your favorite live music venue that you've been to? i lovelovelove the troubador in LA.

that's all for now, but i am sure there will be more. thanks for taking the time to do this. hey, no problem!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    ... or if we get a piano.
    That's what I'm waiting for as well. My wife actually has a piano but it lives at her mom's house bc we live in an apartment on the second floor and I'm not carrying a piano up a flight of stairs anytime soon. However as soon as we get a house, the piano is mine!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    ...non-stringed, i've always had a thing for the trombone.
    Trombones are cool. When we saw Charlie Hunter he had Josh Roseman with him and he is a ridiculously good trombone player.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

What is your favorite type of chocolate?

Wolves: wicked cool or hella badass?

What is your favorite plant?

Night Gallery, The Twiliight Zone, or The Outer Limits?

If you could have only one book, one CD, and one DVD, what would they be?
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never read pkd. Where should I start?

In truth the reason you moved to NC is to be near me, isn't it? (it's okay to lie to make me feel better. )

Can I have a cookie please?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

What is your favorite type of chocolate? white. i'm not a huge chocolate fan. i realize this breaks about a bazillion girl rules, but whatthefuckever.

Wolves: wicked cool or hella badass? um...the former?

What is your favorite plant?
    the manzanita tree.

Night Gallery, The Twiliight Zone, or The Outer Limits? while there was one episode of the night gallery that freaked me the fuck out (sorry, i swear a lot when i've been drinking), my heart will always belong to the twilight zone.

If you could have only one book, one CD, and one DVD, what would they be? fuck this question. i hate questions where i can only pick one, because i'm so indecisive. (did i spell that right?)

book: the collected short stories of philip k dick volume 1
    cd: pixies, surfer rosa
    dvd: i can't do this one.

I've never read pkd. Where should I start? see my only book pick in the last post.

In truth the reason you moved to NC is to be near me, isn't it? (it's okay to lie to make me feel better. ) dude. of course that's why.

Can I have a cookie please? i still have 10 or so...plus cookie dough in the fridge.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, did you lie?

I am on my way.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Okay, did you lie? i would never lie to you, my friend.

I am on my way. i'll see you in 3½ hours!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It may take a bit longer with me stopping to steal wifi/post along the way.

If you rescue me

if i'm sleeping just ring the doorbell with earnest.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I CANNOT believe you were Lady T all this time and I was shy around you like I am most folks I don't know...but I KNEW you, I just didn't KNOW I KNEW you!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I CANNOT believe you were Lady T all this time and I was shy around you like I am most folks I don't know...but I KNEW you, I just didn't KNOW I KNEW you!

oh, mr o'dim. all i can say is this: dur.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that short for "during?"
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

hello, rose...

What is your middle name?

Most embarrassing moment?

Bitch-assed punk or punk-assed bitch?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

hello, rose... hello, fellow rose.

What is your middle name? jean. sara jean patterson was on my birth certificate. since my dad's family is from the south, though, i was always sarajean, like it was one word. i prefer it that way.

Most embarrassing moment? third grade. my first day in a new school and my pants split up the back while on the bars.

Bitch-assed punk or punk-assed bitch? the latter.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Do you like North Carolina so far? (I live in Raleigh)

What's the biggest difference between the east coast and the west coast (besides the sun rising or setting on the water)?

Are you excited about seeing Dogwood trees bloom?

Do you like North Carolina so far? (I live in Raleigh) i do. i really really do.

What's the biggest difference between the east coast and the west coast (besides the sun rising or setting on the water)? people are sofa king nice, here. it's blowing my mind that they want to help. especially while driving. i'm not used to people waving me on, even though they have the right of way!

Are you excited about seeing Dogwood trees bloom? i am. i just hope they don't mess with my allergies.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast