Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Ned Dameron, Artist

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

The first remarqued copy of The Waste Lands has arrived!

I give you Oy!

Several of you have been asking what the price on these will be, and how will they be sold.

Ned and I have decided to auction them via ebay. All will start with the same opening bid, and there will not be a BUY IT NOW option.

I will be starting the first auction today at 5:00 PM PST.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

tippy, that's very cool.

Will you be listing the ebay auctions here, so we can find them easier... or at least enabling your ebay link via your control panel?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Dameron Remarque Auction

The link should work at 5:00 PM PST
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    tippy... sorry, it's not working.

This listing (290331174196) has been removed, or this item is not available.
    Please check that you've entered the correct item number
    Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

That's because it was not 5:00 o'clock yet when you checked.

Check it now....it should work.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Gay

Woowhoo. Workin' now!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This is not a reflection on the price but on my personal situation, but too rich for me! Best of luck to all bidders!

John

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My prediction: this one ends up with oy-the-brave!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh...and they will be numbered with just the number of the book, as in I, II, III....not I/XXI, II/XXI, III/XXI.
    Does that mean there will be no limitation, just numbered sequentially based upon demand?

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

The auction says "will not exceed 21" copies...but it's not clear whether that limitation is noted anywhere in the book...doesn't look like it.

I'm impressed to see the color artwork...considering how excited everyone was for Whelan's b/w sketches, I think Dameron has raised the bar quite a bit - if the next few sketches can build on the quality of this first one I would say they might eventually be the definitive DT art collectible...

Not really my thing, but a pretty good addition to the whole artwork-niche collecting...glad to see an artist like Dameron finally competing with Wrightson and Whelan for some collectible money.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Rahfa is correct....there will not be more than 21 produced.

The limitation will not be noted in the book as Ned thought I/XXI looked odd to him.

You will note that Oy is #II.

#I will be available in a couple weeks, and it is of The Gunslinger.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry. That price is way too steep for this chap.

It's beautiful work!

Edit to add: Tip, you may want to show the signature and limitation #. Just a thought.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is truly a beautiful piece of art - the kind that makes you wish it were on a medium that you could frame rather than have to keep hidden away in a book. In my opinion, a frame-able piece would make the price more justifiable.

The minimum of this auction is priced out of my range for a book remarque, no matter how lovely. As the Gunslinger is even more popular than Oy, I expect that that auction will be set even higher. Therefore I expect to sit out that auction as well.

Fantastic work, Ned Dameron! Good luck to any bidders!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    ... Edit to add: Tip, you may want to show the signature and limitation #. Just a thought.
    Bill, those are there. They are shown in some of the other photos in the listing.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Apparently, the $500 is the starting bid for all of them, and then the market will dictate which are the most popular.

I think it should come with some specific provenance and limitation from Dameron's office, something more than an ebay auction listing saying there won't be more than 21...at that price, it has to be set up as an investment of some sort, so long-term credibility is important to establish and maintain...at least it would be to me.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ooop. I see them! eBay keeps changing my look! Thanks!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Apparently, the $500 is the starting bid for all of them, and then the market will dictate which are the most popular.

I think it should come with some specific provenance and limitation from Dameron's office, something more than an ebay auction listing saying there won't be more than 21...at that price, it has to be set up as an investment of some sort, so long-term credibility is important to establish and maintain...at least it would be to me.
    I think "corporate knowledge" will keep these 21 sacred. Aside from the collectors here, others around the world will set anyone straight who tries to pawn off something else as a "limited" work.

That said, from a marketing standpoint, the cost for said provenance would likely pay off.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Correct again Rahfa...all will have a starting bid of $500.

I like your idea. I will discuss with ND during our next conversation.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Dameron Remarque Auction

The link should work at 5:00 PM PST
    Ships to USA only?

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I can ship internationally as long as the bidder checks with me first and covers the actual cost.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone,

I have renamed this Ned Dameron-related thread to something generic about Dameron (same concept as the Michael Whelan thread), and then moved all the many posts related to tippy's joint project with Dameron into this thread. There will continue to be a ton of posts on these auctions as they appear, so moving them here provides a more focused thread for this interesting topic discussion. Of course all things Dameron are still encouraged to be discussed here, such as The Waste Lands preliminary art sales, etc. The move will also help free up the main Remarque thread a bit so that all the 'one-off' remarques and doodles don't get lost in the buzz about Dameron's project.

The bottomline is that this is the thread to check going forward on the Dameron remarque project. If you've subscribed to the other thread, you might want to subscribe to this one as well.

Thanks, everyone.
    - Patrick

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    My prediction: this one ends up with oy-the-brave!
    I doubt I will own it, I am afraid the price is a bit too high for me, maybe at the starting bid price but I will not be in a bidding war for any of these.

BTW didn't Michael Whelan only charge 250.00 for the remarques in DT7?

Yeah, I think so - and then they resold for $1000, so I doubt he'd make that mistake again...

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's a different market now, I won't be spending 1,000.00 on a remarque and my guess is Wiz won't so I am not sure what they would go for now.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The collectors who have posted upthread that they won't bid:
    Rahfa
    JohnH
    NeedfulKings
    Oy-the-Brave
    myself

I have questions for those of you that more knowledgeable about the book art and artists markets. Are Dameron and Whelan on par in terms of reputation in the larger marketplace (i.e. outside the world of the rabid DT fans)? Is one a materially better known name than the other at this point in time? I always thought Whelan was "bigger" but I don't actually know. What are your opinions?

A side question for Rick:

Will the winners of each of these auctions also receive the preliminary sketches (like those you posted earlier) as relevant to each final remarque? That would be a great way to sweeten the pot.
    Last edited by Patrick; 07-15-2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: didn't want to double-post

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast