Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Ned Dameron, Artist

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you choose Roman numerals, purely for aesthetics the limitation should be either 20 or 30 so the numbers would be ?/XX, or?/XXX

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I dunno...I don't think that ?/XX has any more aesthetic charm than ?/XXI.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

With only 21, will there be a lottery???

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If I had a vote, I'd say go for thirty. "XXX" is more aesthetically pleasing, more collectors will get a shot at owning one, and the quantity is still small enough to know that they are special. Also, that would be nine more books worth of sales revenue in the artist's pocket while still keeping the project manageable.

Bill brings up a good question about how these will be distributed if demand outweighs supply.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received ten preliminary sketches from Ned Dameron!

The sketches are of:

The Gunslinger (2)
    The Albino Twins
    Richard Fannin
    A Stork Monster
    Eddie & Susannah
    A Pteradactyl Monster
    Shardik's Helper Robots
    Oy
    A Manta Monster

I know you guys will want me to post pictures, but these are rough drawings and I would rather wait until the finished products begin to arrive.

I called Ned to let him know I had received the drawings, and he let me know that TWO of the finished books are on their way to me now! One with The Gunslinger and one with Oy.

To make these remarques special, Ned will be adding water-color accents to many...if not all of them. He included this small sample.....

I think the preliminary drawings are fantastic by themselves, but Ned tells me the finished products will be much more refined.

Stay Tuned!

Oh...and they will be numbered with just the number of the book, as in I, II, III....not I/XXI, II/XXI, III/XXI.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Tippy,

We are very excited about it!. I hope you will give us here at Dt.com first crack at those books.
    Last edited by Patrick; 07-09-2009 at 07:57 PM. Reason: .com! <3

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Rick, that sketch with watercolor accents there is great. Compliments to Ned Dameron.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, I will post a couple of close-up teasers......

Here is the walking-box robot (one of Shardik's helper-robots) with a little bit of the mechanical rat below it. (The full drawing has the box, rat and snake)

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Susannah in her chair.

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

A stork-creature.

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

These are going to be cool.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow!!! Those babies are sweeet!!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

tippy, you're a tease !!!

I love the added color ! Very cool !!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man oooooooooooo Man

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those are very awesome! I especially love the Roland and Susannah remarques.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

So Tippy,

When and where can we buy from you?.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

What you should do is post each remarque and let the market bear which one goes for the best price...so the best/most elaborate will go for the most...

Plus, it's sharks in the water, so the frenzy will be fun to see...

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    What you should do is post each remarque and let the market bear which one goes for the best price...so the best/most elaborate will go for the most...

Plus, it's sharks in the water, so the frenzy will be fun to see...
    I disagree. I say keep the prices the same for all remarque. The best sellers will be sold first and procrastinators will be left with the rest. Plus all of the remarque for sale should have some similarity in detail and consistency in it's intricacy.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Blood in the water...shark in the water....our shark...

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

swims cautiously around......

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

We're gonna need a bigger boat.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    We're gonna need a bigger boat.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

ha ha i love that part.classic.

Country
    Country Flag

Smoking kills.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast