Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Ned Dameron, Artist

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, David!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to add my congratulations, David, on another nice acquisition. And I'm looking forward to seeing the two unsold books again on eBay. It has really been a nice project.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE Shardik Robots. Must have been before my time here, because I certainly would have bid!
    What's The Flying Monsters like?? Sounds intriguing..

sk

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

I believe they are all shown here...

Brian.

http://stephenkingcollector.com/galleries/dameron.html

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Brian, found it.
    Love the monsters as well....

sk

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    When we announced the project, one of the guidelines I wanted to follow was that the images would be characters from The Waste Lands, in scenes from The Waste Lands. For the most part, we stuck to that guideline, but there were two deviations....the one with the characters faces with the rose-petal background, and the final one that sold today.

But, for #21 it just seemed right that the image be of Roland and The Tower.

I am going to send The Flying Monsters back to Ned, and he is going to "punch it up" a bit. Add some background, etc.
    Funny...the "rose petal" one was the only other one I wasn't a personal fan of...it's like when he moved away from the storyline, it seemed a little contrived and pretentious. But, you're right that the Tower needed to figure in somewhere, and #21 is a good place.

I actually really liked the flying monsters last time...be interesting to see what it looks like a little punched up...maybe enough to get me off the sidelines...haha...

EDIT: This sounds harsher than I intended...really, what I meant was when he broke away from the storyline, it can seem contrived because the focus becomes the art, not the story...but the art itself is still top quality!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I am THRILLED to be the owner of the last remarque in the project, especially as it has Roland and the Tower...Story line be damned! I ADORE Ned's original artwork (which Bob owns quite a bit of) and having a remarque with Ned's depiction of the Tower is what drew me to this particular one. I started my Ned collection with a Black and White of Roland receiving the cross from Aunt Talitha at River Crossing (attached pic) and end with Roland approaching the Tower. I also have remarques now of Roland, Jake, Oy, Eddie & Susannah.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

BTW...I am purchasing the Rose/Nebua remarque as well from the owner (he is a consignee at Betts). So, I will own: #2, #4, #8, #9, #12, #19 and #21

Uh, do people know that i LIKE remarques?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow....you own exactly one-third of them!

#21 is on the way to you now!

I decided to start the auction for #X Shardik's Robots today at 6:00 PM PST and let the auction run for ten days.

Here is the link (it won't work until 6PM).

AUCTION LINK
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really like that one! If I had that kind of $$$ burning a hole in my pocket...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, David!

I have always liked the Robots and was surprised it didn't sell the first go around.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Shardik's Robots is sold!

$717.66

Not a record, but a very respectable price, especially when you consider it went usold the first time around.

I need to get The Flying Monsters sent back to Ned so he can punch it up a bit.

In the mean time, he has a few pieces that he wants me to post for sale (some original paintings he did for Knowing Darkness).
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Nice....so all it took was for the project to earn credibility and it attained appropriate market value.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I am selling a painting for Ned Dameron.

Here is the link......

The Dog
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. I know my wife wouldn't let me hang that one on the wall.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Revised Flying Monsters

I will list this one on ebay to start on 04/16, and run for 10 days.

LARGER IMAGE
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely gorgeous!
    It'll sell for sure!

sk

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome Tippy! I love everything about that drawing.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! It looks like a completely different piece!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah...it is amazing what a little background adds.

Plus, he increased the number of creatures from three to twenty.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it will do well at auction.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like someone has already bid on it.

So much better!

I sorta wish 3-4 more had gone unsold just so we could see the improvements he would have made to them....but, really, there were just a couple that truly called out for a little enhancement like this anyway.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Just giving this a bump since the auction is at the halfway point.

22 people watching this one so far........
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast