Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Ned Dameron, Artist

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats George

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats George!

Three different bidders on this one.

I will get her packed up and off to you shortly!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Congrats George!

Three different bidders on this one.

I will get her packed up and off to you shortly!
    Hope you have a big padded envelope handy!

I kid, I kid.

Congratulations, George!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at Ramstein View Post
    Thanks John! I'm just happy David was asleep or at work or stuck on a train for this one :-)

3:20 AM now, time to go to sleep ... night all!
    LOL...yeah got too busy at work plus it moved beyond what I was willing to pay anyway.

Glad you got it. So HAPPY for you!!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at Ramstein View Post
    WHOOO-HOOOOO!!!! As of 2 minutes ago, I'm the proud owner! WHOOO-HOOOO! Man, my heart is beating a mile a minute.
    That's great!
    Congratulations, George!

sk

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I think this has been covered before, but have any of these been resold on the open market after the first sale?

I know Betts has bought a couple after the fact, but has there ever been a private buyer-to-buyer sale? I wonder what the longterm market will be like? I think good, but hard to say when there's nothing to compare it too.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I only know of one sold, back on November 3rd, but I think that was to David. Very good question about long-term market. I personally didn't get it as an investment, I got it because I love the books, the remarque subject, and Ned Dameron's art and his take on the storyline. I have some other remarques which I know probably won't gain any value; Glenn Chadboune's "haunting vision of Blockade Billy" (per Cemetary Dance) which turned out to be a baseball, for instance. Perhaps it's a really scary baseball, but I don't think too much of it and can't see it gaining any value at all. Anyway, I think with the Waste Lands remarques being a unique limited series, done very well, in a tremendously popular Stephen King book certainly can't hurt the value, and I would suspect it will retain, if not gain, over time. Figure the starting bid on all of these was (I believe) $500.00, so you probably wouldn't expect to drop below that. You can pick up other pieces of Dameron's art on eBay for far less (like this one for example: http://cgi.ebay.com/NED-DAMERON-orig...item56383a2796 ), so you know this is likely related more to the author and the story than the artist himself. If you check other artists websites where original pieces are sold, you'll never see a Stephen King-related one available for very long, they get snatched up pretty quickly.

Value depends, of course, on what we're willing to pay. If nobody thought these were worth $500, they wouldn't have sold at all and I imagine Tippy would have re-auctioned with a lower starting bid. He didn't have to do that because these are all pretty fantastic and everybody realized that from the beginning (wish I'd been on board back then!). As long as collectors who are interested are still around and in the mood to add to their collections, they'll (we'll) pay what they consider a fair price (not $200K+ plus for IT , of course ... ha ha) to acquire a nice item. If it gains value I think that's just a bonus, and perhaps my kids will appreciate it some years down the road. Right now they just appreciate cool new Hot Wheels and Bionicles.

As David said above, this one went beyond what he was willing to pay, but of course he already has a half dozen of them! Me, I knew I'd have to go a bit higher than I have been going or risk being the underbidder yet once again, and with there only being two left my chances were diminishing rapidly. I actually got it a bit cheaper than I figured I would, as it's a pretty elaborate and colorful piece of work. I couldn't be happier! Likely if I (or anybody else who has one) were to sell at some point, there would be quite a few collectors just like me thinking they missed out the first time around, and by golly this is their chance. I don't think there's any danger of these not selling in the future, and I'd be really surprised if they didn't gain a little value at some point. But, even if they don't, I'm very happy to have one in my collection!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool George!!!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I think this has been covered before, but have any of these been resold on the open market after the first sale?

I know Betts has bought a couple after the fact, but has there ever been a private buyer-to-buyer sale? I wonder what the longterm market will be like? I think good, but hard to say when there's nothing to compare it too.

One book has been resold in a private, non-ebay auction.

As far as I know, none have been resold via ebay.

Not exactly sure what you mean by Betts having bought a couple after the fact, but every book i sold was sold on ebay.

As far as long term value, there is no way to say.

But, because there are so few of these, and because there are quite a few Dark Tower fans, I believe the value will hold.

I know most of the folks who bought these, and i don't believe that long term value was a major factor in their decision to purchase them.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rahfa,
    Since I'm the one who sold my remarque in November, I figured I'd speak up. My remarqued edition was not sold to Betts Books, it was sold as a private person-to-person sale. It hasn't shown up on the Betts website either, and I wouldn't expect it to unless something happened that made David have to begin parting with some of his collection. I can't speak for anyone else, but I know my transaction was between two individuals, not one person and a business.

Edit: I also want to add that this is the sort of piece that I wouldn't try to re-sell on ebay. Also, I wouldn't sell any of these for a penny less than what you pay for them simply because they are unique and completely different from one another, unlike many of the remarqued editions that have come out recently ala Blockade Billy and The Colorado Kid.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Ah...for some reason I remembered Wiz saying he'd bought a couple after the fact. I must have confused that with ones he had won at auction himself.

I expect long term value to be fine...especially because they'll show up so rarely. On the other hand, because they'll show up so rarely there will be nothing for a buyer in a year or two to compare it too, and that can depress a sales price - which is why Sam is right, that an owner should hold the line at what they paid (if they ever sell, which I don't see happening for a loooong time).

So just one more to go? So sad....

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

#XXI will be here soon.!

I think Ned is going to send me a preliminary drawing soon.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Well here it is...#XXI.

Ned went a different route on this one, as it is almost all black and white (there is a little red here and there).

I will have it up on ebay in the next 36 hours.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

LOVELY!

I think this one and Plaster Man are my favorites.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, I like it alot............

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great - like it a lot already..

sk

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

How appropriate for the last one, very nice.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I like that one, and the Tick Tock man.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Between Shardik and The Tower for the best one of the series I think. This one is very nice and should see some good bidding.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all for your comments...I will be passing them along to Ned in the next day or two.

I was concerned that the lack of color might be a negative thing, but based on the opinions expressed here, that does not seem to be the case.

Thanks again all.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Plaster man, Shardik and this one are my favourites.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I was concerned that the lack of color might be a negative thing, but based on the opinions expressed here, that does not seem to be the case.
    Oops - I thought this was a preliminary sketch - that color would be added still.
    Still like it a lot, though.

sk

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it, but .. oh, how can that not be a field of red roses leading to the tower ?????? Please Ned, add some color!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast