Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Ned Dameron, Artist

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think $250 would be a bit steep, but I would love to know the projected price and print run. I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    I think $250 would be a bit steep, but I would love to know the projected price and print run. I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hard to say. I believe Wiz has said that a Whelan remarque of that size would be about $1000 on the open market.

I don't know if Dameron is as marketable as Whelan, but still.....

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Even when I love remarques, I wouldn't pay 1000 for one book remarqued.

I wouldn't pay half that price either.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

I'd be very tempted at any price, but anything over $500 is out of my range.

If I knew I could put together a set of remarqued DT books, I'd be willing to pay $500 each...but as has been discussed, that isn't likely to happen.

Love the idea of these remarqued DTIIIs, but it'll come down to price for me. Even at the $250 I suggested (which I just pulled out of my ass btw ) I wouldn't be able to afford it at the moment.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Despite the Whelan remarques, the ones we usually see at ebay.com never are sold beyond 200 dls. Rick Berry, Les Edwards...none reached that sum if I'm not wrong.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In my opinion, Whelan and Dameron are the best "illustrators" of the 7 books. Michael's still in a bit of a different league.

I know the remarque's are large, but they'll always be in the book--unlike an original print that could be displayed on a wall.

Whatever the price, I will have to consider. And yes--money is tight!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    In my opinion, Whelan and Dameron are the best "illustrators" of the 7 books.

I'm going take a guess and say that each book will be around $100, as members of TDT.com would most likely be 90% of those purchasing. Combined with the country's economic conditions now, and a couple other variables, I see that price as being about right.

Maybe just wishful thinking though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

See I don't see them being that cheap. You gotta figure even with a great deal, the 1st edition books probably cost $40 a pop. As nice a guy as Ned seems to be, I can't imagine any artist putting that much work into a project for $60/book.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've gotta' agree there. I really can't see them being that cheap.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

I think the $250 price point is where we'll see this.

For original art in a 1st ed. DT book, thats not exceptionally steep.

And its enough $$ in Mr. Dameron's pocket to make it worth his while.

I guess we shall see!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Dameron is an excellent artist, I enjoyed his work in The Waste Lands immensely.

However, given the current economic environment, and given that this artist does not have the same reputation and stature as Michael Whelan (to the best of my knowledge), and assuming that these are monochromatic drawings (vs. multi-color, or vs. paintings), I think about $100 for the drawing plus the cost of the book and small overhead would be reasonable. Therefore I'd say approx. $150 plus S&H would be about right. Add a pop for general collectors' addiction (depending on quantity, i.e. scarcity) and $200 wouldn't surprise me.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

$150 to $200 sounds about right to me, too...though I'm not an art collector. But, they are first edition copies, and those are worth something right there.

I think the question is limitation...if there are 20-40 of them, then $250+ might work...anymore than, say 75, and it's going to saturate what I think is a niche market.

I think it's a great item, and a good thing for an artist to get involved in...it's not my thing, personally, but it's always fun for their to be an opportunity for a new kind of s/l edition.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I think the question is limitation...if there are 20-40 of them..............
    I can tell you that it will be less than 40.

Most likely less than 30.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I thing think we are all building the hype for this. tippy4 announced it, perhaps we should wait for him to price the books.
    I have some strong feelings about this, but will refrain at this time from voicing them.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    See I don't see them being that cheap. You gotta figure even with a great deal, the 1st edition books probably cost $40 a pop.
    Ah, I didn't include the price of the 1st edition book. With that included, I'd say you have a nice estimate.

the 1st edition books probably cost $40 a pop.
    Now that is wishful thinking.

I got mine for $55 still in the shrinkwrap, but I got lucky there. I've seen fine shrinkwrap copies like mine all the way up in the hundred dollar range.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Bump...any new info on these Ned Dameron remarques?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I so second that bump. I have been drooling at the idea of these since I heard they were in the works.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I so second that bump. I have been drooling at the idea of these since I heard they were in the works.
    haha Why do I imagine you ending up with 25 out of a 30 copy edition of these!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

haha Why do I imagine you ending up with 25 out of a 30 copy edition of these!
    I am predictable when it comes to remarques.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Since you guys asked......

I spoke to Ned on Monday.

He had just dropped some preliminary sketches in the mail for me to look at. I am hoping that they arrive either today or tomorrow.

Regarding the limitation....while this is not 100% set in stone, I have suggested that the number of remarques be limited to 21, and Ned seems to be agreeable with that number.

As mentioned previously, each remarque will be hand-numbered by Ned. I am thinking in the style of 1/21, 2/21, 3/21..........21/21. Ned suggested Roman Numerals, so that would look like I/XXI, II/XXI, III/XXI..........XXI/XXI.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

Any reason for 21 being the number? If you're going that low, why not 19??

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

To be honest, 21 has no significance.

It was just a random low number that I picked.

I did not go with 19 because it has no significance to The Waste Lands.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

I am predictable when it comes to remarques.
    Back off Wiz, just let me get one then you can have the rest.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roman Numerals are the way to go...just for something different...

At a 21 limitation...I might - might - be interested...haha...

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Roman Numerals it is then....just for you Rahfa.

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast