Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: gsvec

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice shirts, Gretchen. I'm kicking myself for not being clued in enough back in 1994 to have gone to see SK when he was in Northern California on the Insomnia tour. At the time I was living about 15 minutes' drive from that bookstore.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Shining - with matching hat! (thank you - you know who you are!)

SK Caricature from Betts

Skeemers 'Gunslingers' baseball shirt (front/back) and hat (front/back)

Last edited by gsvec; 08-08-2020 at 05:04 PM.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And since I'm on hats (and they really aren't that dusty - it's the lighting! Honest! )

Blood & Smoke hat (front/back with audio CDs)

Last edited by gsvec; 08-08-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Gretchen! I've never gotten into the clothing, but I may rethink that. Those are neat!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    I am most envious. Gretchen has got the best promo collection that anyone I know. Anything else you are looking for in paticular?
    Thanks, Juliana! I'm always on the lookout for more promos! Things that I can think of off the top of my head would include the Mist snowglobe, metal UK Lisey's Story bookmark, HIA dogtags to replace the ones my movers lost , Dark Half birdseed, Dreamcatchers, promo pens, pinbacks/buttons (preferably from the books - not the movies), postcards, etc. - the list goes on and on! If anybody has extras or runs across any of these, please PM me!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Gretchen! Do you not have the Warhol style t-shirt that matches your hat, pin, and bookmark? There is also a t shirt for Journals Of Eleanor Druse with glow in the dark lettering. I haven't seen one online. I just have mine (which I wear) from when they were sent out to Waldenbooks.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    ... I'm always on the lookout for more promos! Things that I can think of off the top of my head would include the Mist snowglobe, metal UK Lisey's Story bookmark, HIA dogtags to replace the ones my movers lost , Dark Half birdseed, Dreamcatchers, promo pens, pinbacks/buttons (preferably from the books - not the movies), postcards, etc. - the list goes on and on! If anybody has extras or runs across any of these, please PM me!
    PM sent.

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Brice - I know there's a Wahorl-ish shirt to match, but I've never been able to scoop one up. If you get a line on one, though, please let me know! Hadn't heard of the Eleanor Druse one before tho - do you have pics?

And Patrick? PM received and replied to.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I am most envious. Gretchen has got the best promo collection that anyone I know. Anything else you are looking for in paticular?
    Thanks, Juliana! I'm always on the lookout for more promos! Things that I can think of off the top of my head would include the Mist snowglobe, metal UK Lisey's Story bookmark, HIA dogtags to replace the ones my movers lost , Dark Half birdseed, Dreamcatchers, promo pens, pinbacks/buttons (preferably from the books - not the movies), postcards, etc. - the list goes on and on! If anybody has extras or runs across any of these, please PM me!
    Gretchen, did you ever receive the Shining postcards I sent you?.

Country
    Country Flag

Shining postcards? I don't believe so - when did you send them?

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

A month or 2 ago. I'll get another one sent since it seems like you did not get it.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Brice - I know there's a Wahorl-ish shirt to match, but I've never been able to scoop one up. If you get a line on one, though, please let me know! Hadn't heard of the Eleanor Druse one before tho - do you have pics?

No, I don't think I do, but I'll try to take some soon. The Druse shirt was a promo that apparently only some Waldenbooks got. Ours got one, but the next town over which is a bigger store in a bigger city didn't for some reason. So far I haven't seen another anywhere. I should maybe quit wearing it. I have the shirt and the hat with the warholish design myself, but I think I lack the other stuff. If I see another shirt I'll definitely let you know.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

A month or 2 ago. I'll get another one sent since it seems like you did not get it.
    That's so sweet of you!

Country
    Country Flag

A few more pics . . .

Necon XX, includes The Old Dude's Ticker by SK and Edgar Allan Poe. Not signed by SK, but double-signed by Brian Lumley - once to his wife, and once to me!

Last edited by gsvec; 08-08-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Country
    Country Flag

A little book called "Bred Any Good Rooks Lately" that includes a quickie called For The Birds by SK. I included a pic of the story (sorry if it's a little blurry) for anyone who might not have read it. SK got credit for the title, too.

Last edited by gsvec; 08-08-2020 at 05:07 PM.

Country
    Country Flag

My Pretty Pony, unsigned limited edition, oversized in slipcase.

Last edited by gsvec; 08-08-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Country
    Country Flag

'Salem's Lot, limited, not numbered - in after-market traycase from The Collector

Last edited by gsvec; 08-08-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Country
    Country Flag

Cycle of the Werewolf, first edition

Creepshow, first edition

Last edited by gsvec; 08-08-2020 at 05:10 PM.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is one corny joke! Cool book though, never heard of it before.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Gretchen, My copy of Bred Any Good Rooks Lately? is very different than yours. Mine is a trade paperback with "First Edition" on the copyright page. The inside page is also different, in that my copy has the Stephen King within horizontal lines, the title is in bold italic, the first letter of the story is larger in bold type and is on page 15. The page layout is also different. It also appears that the illustration in your copy is in a darker color than mine. Here's the cover:

And here's the best I can do with my scanner and not breaking the back of the book:

Acordiing to Justin Brooks' Bibliography, there was only the one edition.

Curious!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

I have the same, Hanic. And by the way, just received the package today, and thankee-sai. Didn't realize the booklets were so slim, so cute

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

I believe the one we have is the first, the other is a reprint (although its cover is more cool and gorgeous.

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. On the CP of my version, it has a full number line; however, a closer look notes that mine was published in March 1994 but the original copyright is dated 1986! Mine's an "Intrepid Linguist Book" published by Dell Publishing, a division of Bantam Doubleday Dell - and apparently a reprint. *sigh*

Sounds like Justin needs an update! But I agree, Peter - my cover and end papers are prettier.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree--yours is MUCH prettier!

John

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. On the CP of my version, it has a full number line; however, a closer look notes that mine was published in March 1994 but the original copyright is dated 1986! Mine's an "Intrepid Linguist Book" published by Dell Publishing, a division of Bantam Doubleday Dell - and apparently a reprint. *sigh*

Sounds like Justin needs an update! But I agree, Peter - my cover and end papers are prettier.
    I believe those intrepid linguist books were a small series. I have a couple of the others.

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast