Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: gsvec

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Secretary of Dreams 1, S/L #353

And the ARC

Last edited by gsvec; 08-08-2020 at 02:29 PM.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Signatures, S/L #314. SK wrote the introduction to this book of collected sigs.

Last edited by gsvec; 08-08-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Country
    Country Flag

Startling Mystery Stories, Fall 1967 with SK's first published story (The Glass Floor) and Vol 2, #6 (Issue 12), 1969 containing "The Reaper's Image"

Last edited by gsvec; 08-08-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Country
    Country Flag

That's it for today. Lots more stuff, but I need to take pics!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, more stuff? So far it's been a great collection. I never knew there were promo chapbooks of Cell and Nightmares & Dreamscapes. And you got a ton of good promo stuff.

Great pictures and thanks for sharing!
    Geoff

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Bag of Bones Limited Collector's Magazine. Came in a glassine envelope (upper part of the pic shows the lower edge)

Never heard about it before...

Misery notepad

That is so cool!!!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Herbert the Bag of Bones magazine is actually pretty cool. It has an interview, biography, some trivia and a selection from the book (Bag of Bones). It's basically just a Stephen King magazine. It's a lot of fun.
    Geoff

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to get one of those.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Herbert the Bag of Bones magazine is actually pretty cool. It has an interview, biography, some trivia and a selection from the book (Bag of Bones). It's basically just a Stephen King magazine. It's a lot of fun.
    King did about four large signings for BAG OF BONES. IIRC, the magazine was given out at the Chicago signing and nowhere else. If anyone knows differently please correct me.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Gretchen,

I am duly impressed! You have oh so many of the items that I would love to have in my collection to include the S/L The Stand, S/L Skeleton Crew, S/L The Eyes of the Dragon and the Signed First Edition Gunslinger!

I am looking forward to more pictures!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Country
    Country Flag

I got the BoB magazine on eBay a couple years back. Hadn't heard of it before then, either, and haven't seen one since! If I run across one somewhere, John, I'll let you know.

Thanks for the comments, everyone - glad you're enjoying these! A few more S/L to follow . . .

Country
    Country Flag

Black House, SL #295. Sorry about the crappy pics on this one - I really want the sun to shine!!

Last edited by gsvec; 08-08-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Country
    Country Flag

Firestarter, S/L #465. (Thank you, Juliana )

Last edited by gsvec; 08-08-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Country
    Country Flag

He Is Legend, S/L #20. Lots of pics of this book on the site, but not of mine!

Last edited by gsvec; 08-08-2020 at 02:47 PM.

Country
    Country Flag

Dark Dreamers, S/L #208. This is a recent addition I ran accross in a little book store in Lansing, MI

Last edited by gsvec; 08-08-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Country
    Country Flag

Quietly Now, S/L #435

Last edited by gsvec; 08-08-2020 at 02:57 PM.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I like how DARK DREAMERS is signed by everyone all over the two pages rather than in neat, orderly fashion.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

'Salem's Lot, Collectors Edition (oversided paperback), signed by SK and Clive Barker, who wrote the intro.

Last edited by gsvec; 08-08-2020 at 02:59 PM.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got the BoB magazine on eBay a couple years back. Hadn't heard of it before then, either, and haven't seen one since! If I run across one somewhere, John, I'll let you know.
    Thanks, Gretchen!

That little book store where you got your copy of Dark Dreamers--was that The Haunted Bookshop? Right across the street from the campus? That's where I got my s/l Stand a LONG time ago!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Four of my newer ARCS: The Stand Uncut, Firestarter, The Eyes of the Dragon, and Skeleton Crew. John's pretty much got the ARC pics covered, so I won't clutter up the site with more pics.

I do, however, have the following SK ARCs/Proofs - & always looking for more:

- Bag of Bones (US and UK)
    - Black House (US and UK)
    - Blaze (thank you, Ari!)
    - Cujo
    - Desperation
    - Dolores Claiborne
    - Dreamcatcher
    - Everything's Eventual
    - Four Past Midnight
    - From a Buick 8
    - Gerald's Game
    - Hearts In Atlantis
    - Insomnia
    - Just After Sunset
    - Lisey's Story (with notebook)
    - Misery
    - Needful Things
    - Nightmares & Dreamscapes
    - On Writing
    - Pet Sematry
    - Rose Madder
    - The Dark Half
    - DT II - VII (pic posted earlier)
    - The Dead Zone (pic posted earlier)
    - The Regulators
    - Secretary of Dreams I (pic posted earlier)
    - The Tommyknockers
    - Thinner
    - Twice the Power (UK)
    - He Is Legend
    - Prime Evil
    - The Best of Cemetery Dance
    - Stephen King: A Primary Bibliography . . .
    - Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished
    Last edited by gsvec; 08-08-2020 at 02:59 PM.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow!!! I am amazed at your collection, Gretchen! LOL, aside from a few of the ARC's I don't own anything that compares!!! Give me another 20 years or so!

How long have you been collecting???

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Gretchen, you're not cluttering up the site! This thread is all about posting pics of your collection, so don't be shy with those ARCs.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with patrick. This is YOUR place. Post as many pictures as you want.

Great collection Gretchen.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just because I have pictures of the ARCs on my thread doesn't mean we don't want to see yours! Post them!

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You have an incredible collection Gretchen!

...and I envy your promo stuff.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast