Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

R_of_G
    I will def look you up if I make it to Tampa!
    Your last sentence made me laugh out loud!
    My wife groaned when she heard on the news last night that Spring Training for Catchers adn Pitchers starts Monday! WooHoo!!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    My wife groaned when she heard on the news last night that Spring Training for Catchers adn Pitchers starts Monday!
    Mine too. I believe her exact words were "Already? Ugh."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Guys, you've gotta go over to Yankees.com and take the virtual tour of the new stadium. It's awesome!!! Not too mention all the highlight clips and new stadium features!!!

WOW can't wait to check it out!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

will do!

Spoiler:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, Tomorrow is first Spring Training game!!!

Go Yanks!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I am sure it's a major media circus!

Spoiler:

I'm sure it will be.

Did you guys catch the Sabathia interview with Hannah Storm that aired on ESPN last night? CC seems completely unfazed by the media circus that surround the Yankees. She asked him how he's dealing with things between the Torre book and the A-Rod situation. CC said "If this is as bad as it gets, I'll be fine." I can't wait til this guy gets on the mound in pinstripes.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the pitch....A-Rod swings.......It is High....It is far...... It is gone a HR for Alex Rodriguez!!!!!

And the 2009 season officially begins to begin!!! lol lol

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

i am sure the naysayers will say that he injected himself in the dugout right before walking to the plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey was nayone gald to see that Girardi asked bernie Williams to practice weith the Yankees instead of over at the minor field conplex as he prepped for the world baseball classic! that was pretty classy and I really like bernie and only wish the best for him!

Spoiler:

Bernie was a class act. He deserves to be treated well and it was nice to see.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It certainly was. Girardi is a class act as well. Bernie was Da Man!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Two ST Games - 4 HRs - its a good omen. poor Shelley duncan - i really do not think there will be a roster position for him. Swisher is backup First Baseman and backup Corner Outfielder. Where does that leave Duncan!

As I see it; Damon, ARod, Jeter, Texiera, Nady, Posada, Cano, Gardner, Cabrerra, Molina, Ransom (utility IF), Matsui, Swisher, +12 pitchers. Duncan will be the odd man out! JMHO of course.

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Two ST Games - 4 HRs - its a good omen. poor Shelley duncan - i really do not think there will be a roster position for him. Swisher is backup First Baseman and backup Corner Outfielder. Where does that leave Duncan!

As I see it; Damon, ARod, Jeter, Texiera, Nady, Posada, Cano, Gardner, Cabrerra, Molina, Ransom (utility IF), Matsui, Swisher, +12 pitchers. Duncan will be the odd man out! JMHO of course.
    Yeah its a shame. I kinda like the kid too (reminds me of that actor Matthew Hilliard I think lol) Duncan's a good energenic kid but if he's lucky he gets traded somewhere where he can play everyday, establish himself and then come back as a FA lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

News Flash: ARod to surgery or not? Ransom at Third? Cashman taking it day by day contrary to popular reports.

Check out Yankees.com for more indepth coverage!!!

Also, Stiener Merchandising (official Yankee memorabilia outlet) is auctioning really cool and affordable stuff on their website. Link is also on the Yankee site. Used first bases, bats, lockername plates etc.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So A-Rod elects to have this "Hybrid Surgery" - makes sense to me. I am sure the Yankees can weather the storm for 6 - 9 weeks. At 9 weeks that puts him back on the field on May 11th. That means he'd miss 33 games - that's only 20% of the season. I am sure that Cody Ransom can do an adequate job and with Texiera's bat and with Posada and Matsui back in the lineup I am not worried. They'll win games because of their rotation anyway.

I can't wait for it all to start!

Spoiler:

I'll be honest with you guys, I'm glad Rodriguez will be out. I don't wish injury or ill health on anyone, but I'd rather see the Yankees start the season with the focus of the talk being on baseball not steroids. Rodriguez is a walking distraction. I am sure Ransom will fill in just fine as far as the fielding aspect of the game goes and as Bob pointed out, there are more than enough bats in the line-up for the Yankees to generate offense. It's the pitching that they are going to live or die by this season.

In the long run I think it'd be better for Rodriguez to just go ahead and have the full surgery instead of this initial surgery. Who knows what they're going to find when they actually get in there. Better to get it all done and if he misses a season, he misses a season. The team is balanced and deep enough to perform without any one player.

Now bring on the games that count!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Reports say the operation went well. I agree though, this season should be more about pitching. I am a little worried about Ransom defensively though. he's only played like 7 games at third. Something interesting on SC though. A's moved Crosby (who asked for a trade) to third due to Cabrera signing. Could a trade be in the wind?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm also a life long New York Yankees fan. Being from Connecticut (the middle of CT to be specific) I'm literally in the middle of the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry.

Growing up in the 80's I knew about 2 Sox fans. Since their world championship win in 2004 I know hundreds of them now. Everybody thinks New England is Red Sock country and it's just not true. Especially as you get closer to New York.

I can't wait until the baseball season. I'm even going to watch the Yankees exhibition game tonight at the new stadium.

I'm big into prospects so I'm looking forward to guys like Austin Jackson and Jesus Montero in the near future. I also think Mark Melancon can make a Joba like impact on the Yankees bullpen at some point this year.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see a new name in the conversation. Looking forward to your comments. I will be watching MLB.TV tonight for the first exhibition game.

I would love to get to the new stadium but the cards are not in my near future right now; I guess I need to wait till the planets are in alignment and teh moon is in the seventh sun! In the meantime, I live about an hour or so south fo Baltimore and try to take in a game every year when the Yankees come to town; It's has been very hard to get any decent seats though; I do not like to sit in upper tiers in the outfield; I like to be able to see their faces!

So yesterday my wife is telling me about a few conversations she has had at work; She is the office manager and bookkeeper for a legal firm in Northern Virginia; One of the lawyers asked her if she had grabbed any of the available tickets for the Nationals games; You see the big bosses have seasons tickets to the Wash Nationalls (and the Redskins and the Wizards, blah blah blah) and they give them away if they can't make a game. Well my wife said nope as the Yankees were not playing at National Park this year; Then this lawyer said well you know the Yankees play in Baltimore and my wife says yeah we know but can't get any good tickets; well you can if you are willing to pay outrageous prices online outside the purview of the MLB tickets process. Then this lawyer says that she and her husband have season tickets at Camden yards and we could probably get some for a Yankee game! My wife said oh great we'll pay for them and the laywer says nope you won't - looks like we may get to a game in Baltimore after all - her seats are Third Base line right off Third Base - AWESOME! The Yankees play there three series every year - the first is next Mon - Wed (not going then) and the second is around May 10th and the last is Aug 31 - Sep 2. Woohoo I am voting to get one of those tickets as my b-day is then!

I can wait till Sept to see them live - I will be watching probalby 75% of their games on MLB.TV. And I hope to be buying a new flat screen 22" monitor soon which will make the viewing so much better than last year on my old archaic 17" CPU monitor!

Spoiler:

Looks like we have more in common all the time Still Servant.

Monday ESPN will be showing the Mets and then the Yankees back to back. Now there's an afternoon I am already looking forward to.

PLAY BALL!

Ok, I have had more than enough of Johnny Damon already. I never wanted the guy in the first place. He had a hot bat and good base-running in the playoffs in 2004 so the Yankess overpaid him to come to the Bronx. It was a HUGE mistake. Just a minute ago was yet another in an ever-growing string of examples of why the guy is a complete defensive liability. He let a fly ball go over his head because he knew he couldn't catch it. Then when he fielded the ball off the wall, his piss-poor arm couldn't even reach Jeter so a run scored. This is not acceptable to me.

He is NOT such a tremendous lead-off hitter that we need to place such a terrible fielder out in left so often. If he were a lead-off hitter of Jose Reyes' caliber than I could overlook the fielding, but he's not and I can't. I have the same problem with the Mets left-fielder Daniel Murphy. Neither Damon nor Murphy will ever hit well enough to make up for their extraordinarily crappy fielding.

Believe me, if the Yankees have games they need to win in September (and dear god let's hope October) than this kind of fielding is not going to be an asset to anyone but our opponents.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

All I know is that Swisher is looking like the addition of the year!!!! Especially with Nady and Matsui's problems. and can't we get someone to play 3rd? As R of G said between Ransom and Damon there's no one on the LF line!!!

At least the pitching is doing fairly well although it would be nice to get the "real" Wang back!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Ransom made a play earlier to save a run that was quite good. He snagged a hard hit ground ball down the line robbing the hitter of a sure double (probably more given that the next line of defense was Damon). He then took the ball and made a great throw to Posada who put out a runner who was headed home. One play does not make a season, but it made me think Ransom will do alright now that he's getting the hang of things.

And Nady, he can not come back for all I care. His lolly-gagging baserunning on opening day (when he rounded third and stopped half way to home and then walked back to third to be tagged out without even going through the motions of a rundown) were enough to tell me he has no heart. I may be overly judgmental of these guys but the way I see it, this is the New York Yankees. People dream of playing for this team. If you can't hustle on every single play you play in a Yankees' uniform, get the hell out of the Bronx.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Freaky Friday is Home run Heaven in the House that George built!!!

Wasn't pretty but I'll take the "W"!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

That bullpen is EXTREMELY sketchy. More evidence that Chamberlain should be the set-up man not a starter. This doesn't look like a team built to win important games. You can't just rely on hitting more home runs than your opponent in October. Without pitching, this team will do nothing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast