Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 97 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sadly, this team just doesn't have the heart, I know that is an unpopular designation but, its the truth. They just don't have "It" this year. Sigh.................
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They had it, but now they have lost it.

There's something missing on this team and I honestly can't put my finger on it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    They had it, but now they have lost it.

There's something missing on this team and I honestly can't put my finger on it.
    A true leader IMHO A "Jeter" or "Mo" or "O'Neil" someone who can "will" it so. IDK Just "It". They don't have it and desperately need it!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A brief slice of happiness and remembrance of better days in this so far dismal season....................

Not only a leader in the "Core Four" but, another Yankee great in the vein of, Yogi, The Mick, Reggie and Mo!!! I never got to see, Yogi or the Mick in a game at yankee Stadium, but I was there to see, Catfish, The Gator, Reggie, Thurman, C.C., Mo Mattingly and "The Captain"!!! This link is to the Commish reading his induction plaque, but there is a ton of additional coverage if you really want to remember the good ol' days. The Flip, The Dive, it's all there to pine about. He's someone this team is sorely missing!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Things are getting ugly again.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Beyond getting ugly!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Stisck a fork in these guys. They're done. Pitching has totally collapsed and the offense has been a roller coaster all year. Injuries once again. Whatever they're doing it ain't enough or right in that department. Damn shame!! And the NY Football teams don't show much promise either!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is going to sound terrible because they just did a rebuild, but I'm wondering if they have to tear it down again. Keep Judge and a few other players, but it might be time for a change in philosophy. I look at the Rays and besides a few stud prospects, the rest are guys that aren't going to open a lot of eyes with their skills, but they get the job done.

They're doing something right and it's time to copy it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Stisck a fork in these guys. They're done. Pitching has totally collapsed and the offense has been a roller coaster all year. Injuries once again. Whatever they're doing it ain't enough or right in that department. Damn shame!! And the NY Football teams don't show much promise either!!! LOL
    Look on the bright side, there's always next decade.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Hey, I'll line up the few bad seasons against any other MLB team anytime!! We're spoiled I suppose. SS you're right, of course. TB has been leading the way for quite awhile now.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, I'll line up the few bad seasons against any other MLB team anytime!! We're spoiled I suppose. SS you're right, of course. TB has been leading the way for quite awhile now.
    Certainly spoiled, but it really has been a long time. It shows how hard sustained success is.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Certainly spoiled, but it really has been a long time. It shows how hard sustained success is.
    Though as you say, TB seems to have the latest recipe!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

While this season has been "a long, strange trip", as a long time fan I find myself being drawn back everytime there is a glimmer of hope for them to turn it on. Well, in a HUGE series against the hated, Red Sux they destroyed, Evoldi and the bean towners, Friday nite and today, down 2-1, Giancarlo stepped to the plate and hit a................................................. ................

Stantonion Slam!!!

The ball hasn't come down yet as he hit that fucker straight out of, Fenway Park and onto at least, Landsdown St.(?) Gotta admit, that was the biggest HR I can recall since, Godzilla in, 2009!! Damn, if I don't have hope again!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And last night Stanton did it again against Toronto! The glimmer of hope is brightening!

Spoiler:

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As a Jays fan, I was gutted watching that game. I'm happy for the Yankees fan base, but I hope the rest of the series goes our way! Wild season for both teams, I feel like we had similar ups and downs where it felt like we were out of it, and suddenly there's hope and excitement and meaningful late September baseball - so in that respect I'm very thankful. Exciting times!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    As a Jays fan, I was gutted watching that game. I'm happy for the Yankees fan base, but I hope the rest of the series goes our way! Wild season for both teams, I feel like we had similar ups and downs where it felt like we were out of it, and suddenly there's hope and excitement and meaningful late September baseball - so in that respect I'm very thankful. Exciting times!
    There's hope, but Pearson was supposed to be a future ace and he looks pretty average. He's young enough and we've seen players take a few years to develop.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Time will tell my friend.

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There's always hope, but there's always hype too. I don't lose my mind over prospects like Dominguez anymore. There are so many things that have to go right for a guy to reach those lofty expectations. I start getting more excited the closer they get for sure, so I'm really following Volpe closely.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't know about you guys, but I can't seem to find any Hot Stove rumors concerning the Yanks anywhere. Does management think that a heakthy version of last year can win it all? Personally speaking, I just don't see it happening that way. Thoughts/rumors anyone?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Don't know about you guys, but I can't seem to find any Hot Stove rumors concerning the Yanks anywhere. Does management think that a heakthy version of last year can win it all? Personally speaking, I just don't see it happening that way. Thoughts/rumors anyone?
    there aren't many rumors on any team/free agent because of the lock out. I have a feeling any communication re contracts or trades is banned right now.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    there aren't many rumors on any team/free agent because of the lock out. I have a feeling any communication re contracts or trades is banned right now.
    Oh shit that's right!! Age is catching up to me how the heck did I forget that. Thanks for the help.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man,this season is headed for the toilet already. No Spring Training again? Shit!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think we will have an agreement by the end of the week.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 97 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast