Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 97 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now Voit on the IL. More soft tissue issues for these muscle-bound meatheads.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Now Voit on the IL. More soft tissue issues for these muscle-bound meatheads.
    Yeah, I saw. Moving on? lol They still have a ton of talent. German, today!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I'm sitting here watching the Yanks lose the first game of a doubleheader (7 innings? Really? WTF were they thinking?) and the injury update came on with, Hicks likely out for the season, Kluber gone for 2 months and Voit on the 10 day IL. Stanton is due back, Friday but with the injury to, Kluber it almost looks as if the season is sunk already. The pitching staff which looked so awesome a mere week ago, now looks to be in shambles again. Taillon, still fails to produce and Monty is 50/50. That leaves, Cole, German and who? Severino is still a few weeks away and they really haven't brought anyone up yet going into a big week for them next week.

Don't even get me started on the offense, which has been a disappointment to say the least all season long. So, I'm doing my "Arm-Chair" version of, GM and I don't know how to fix them. Pitching is a premium throughout the league so a trade isn't likely. They'll have to depend on, Garcia and a returning Severino and that doesn't fill me with hope. i think its time to cut bait with, Sanchez but that doesn't help anything anyway. The only thing I can come up with is maybe getting younger, but they really have kinda already done that.

So, I'm at a loss. What do the Yanks need to do to turn it around or at least look to next year. Because right now, they look like a truly mediocre team at best. Suggestions?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm actually not as concerned about filling out the rotation. I think they have enough arms to get through the regular season. When it comes to playoffs, you can literally win with one ace and a bunch of guys that aren't going to embarrass themselves. My main concern is getting there and that's going to come down to the offense. I think what they will need to do more than anything is find a replacement for Hicks. They need a veteran and hopefully a left-handed hitter. Gardner can't play every day anymore.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I mentioned a few weeks back that Memorial Day is the start of the baseball season to me. That's where you get a real feel for your team. At that time, the Yankees had really turned things around from their slow start and looked like things were really coming together. Man how things have changed. I fear this is how things are going to be all year. The offense is what carries you during the regular season and their offense is majorly flawed.

You're not going to win a lot of games scoring 1 run a game. This is an offense that is built on the long ball. When that doesn't happen, you see long funks like this.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I mentioned a few weeks back that Memorial Day is the start of the baseball season to me. That's where you get a real feel for your team. At that time, the Yankees had really turned things around from their slow start and looked like things were really coming together. Man how things have changed. I fear this is how things are going to be all year. The offense is what carries you during the regular season and their offense is majorly flawed.

You're not going to win a lot of games scoring 1 run a game. This is an offense that is built on the long ball. When that doesn't happen, you see long funks like this.
    You are absolutely right. They have so far also made 27 outs on the base paths!!! MLB average at this point is 15!!!

Call me a backwards thinker or old fashioned, but there doesn't seem to be any passion, desire or fire in this team. Boone comes out after each game and says all the PC shit, but me? I'd like to see some Gatorade coolers taking a beating. Hear about some player only closed door meetings. Identify a bonafide "Leader" on the team. I know I'm just a spectator and how would I know and what not, but hey, we sure knew that, Jeter wouldn't have put up with this lazy feel. O'Neil either or, Munson or, Gator or a slew of other former players I have failed to mention or, the "Boss" for that matter. maybe we need a little "Bronz Zoo/Billy ball" now. Doesn't feel like this team has that "Pride" former teams have had. Or the swagger and work ethic. At least, the announcers haven't been talking about any of these things in a positive manner to my recollection.

Am I totally coming out of "left Field", Servant (I'm sorry I totally spaced on your first name)? I know that if I were the manager I'd be kicking some fucking ass!!! These guys are making bank and look like they don't give a shit. Or, they have all read what the writers and Boone have said about their "abundance of talent" and are just happy to wait for it to show up at some point. They need to get that "Do or Die" attitude into high gear!! This is an important home stand and some people need to wake up and feel the need to win!!! Nobody is gonna hand this team a championship because they look good on paper. Or at least they used to look good on paper. Now they don't even look good there!!! lol

For the first time since the "CBS/Horace Clake" days I'm embarrassed to be a Yankee fan. I no longer look forward to watching the games. I sit there and can predict when they go down the tubes each night. It's driving me fucking NUTS!!!!

Spoiler:
    Sorry for the rant, but I had to get that off my chest.

Spoiler:
    You know, I'm beginning to think that maybe what they need is a wake-up call from, Cash. Maybe they just ship/trade "The Kraken" for whatever they can get for him just to send a message to the rest of the team. get some new blood in to shake 'em up!! IDK what the answer is, but we sure as shit need to start looking for one!! At the very least, Judge should call a team meeting. Him, Chapman and Cole have been the most consistent producers and should be leading this team. Maybe along with, DJ and Stanton (If he's not at the doctors office. lol).

You guys have any thoughts about what to do or why they are so fucking mediocre?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My name's Mike.

I don't think you're out of line here. They have been very frustrating to watch. Baseball is very odd this year. The Yankees have a ton of talent, but struggle to get anything going offensively. Then you look at the Giants, a team that has been terrible for the last few years. The ball club is essentially comprised of the same players and now they are one of the best teams in the league.

Look at the Rays again. Their offense is not impressive, but they somehow find a way to win.

As for slamming bats and breaking coolers, it's nice to see, but the game just isn't like that anymore. Some guys certainly show frustration. Gardner being the main one. I do believe they need some kind of spark. Whether that's a trade or a player to be called up. Something is missing chemistry-wise. I'm with you.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My name's Mike.

I don't think you're out of line here. They have been very frustrating to watch. Baseball is very odd this year. The Yankees have a ton of talent, but struggle to get anything going offensively. Then you look at the Giants, a team that has been terrible for the last few years. The ball club is essentially comprised of the same players and now they are one of the best teams in the league.

Look at the Rays again. Their offense is not impressive, but they somehow find a way to win.

As for slamming bats and breaking coolers, it's nice to see, but the game just isn't like that anymore. Some guys certainly show frustration. Gardner being the main one. I do believe they need some kind of spark. Whether that's a trade or a player to be called up. Something is missing chemistry-wise. I'm with you.
    Thx, Mike I was beginning to think I was nuts. I really think they need a player(s) to emerge as their "Leader". I know the Post game stuff is mostly "Lip Service" for us, but like I said in the past you always knew who the team leaders were. I don't see a clear one here. I'm surprised to be saying this but, maybe a "Stienbrenner" needs to go on record. They definitely need a kick in the ass. Of that I am sure. As I said, they seem to believe their own hype that the talent will emerge. Well, it won't unless they apply them selves.

Of course, as I type this they have taken 2 of 3 from the, Rays. Tomorrow is, Cole. They HAVE to win that one and give him some run support as well.

BTW, nice to have a fellow fan to converse with. Thank you, Mike!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyway Cole, vs Yarbrough tomorrow in a critical game for the Yanks!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy to eat my words regarding, The Kraken. He really is starting to look like he BACK!!! Gardy has been hot as well the last 3-4 games.

I do have some rants though. Last night, in the 6th, Boone pulled Gardner for a pinch runner!!! At the time the game was tied. Now I am aware that, Tyler is the fastest on the team but, Gardner is the 2nd!!! Not to mention it's 5-5 and Gardner is on fire!! He's hitting .400+ with like 2 HRibbies in the last 4 games!!! He wasn't hurt he played tonite. Where is the analytics in that move? Boone also should have watched the pitch count on, Monty and pulled his ass sooner. He didn't have it going on last night again. They're pitching is in shamble since the No-No. Taillon, should be sent down. Bring back, Garcia. They also better find a pitcher cause, King ain't it and German hasn't looked good.

IDK if it was all of the winning that kept me distracted before but, the YES broadcasts have sunk to new levels!! Last night, Cone and Kay spent and inning promoting, Kay' book and show. They also droned on about food, clothing and just about anything BUT baseball for half the broadcast. It did remind me of the days of the "Scooter" though only not with any love. lol

Also, their analytics are ancient and I don't think, Boone really knows how to apply them. I think they are still using the theories from "Moneyball" that are already way in the past. Oh.and enuff with the "Y's" They're grown men not a LL team. He sounds like an ass adding a "Y" to everyone's name!! I could go on, but I feel a little better now. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm gonna be sick!!! The fucking, Royals?????? OMFG!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I paniced yesterday as they pulled it out 6-5. Looks like the "Kraken" is finally back with his 13th HR a 3-run shot to put the Yanks up 7-1 behind, Taillon who went 6. Boston next!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Time to make u ground as they say! Do or die!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Huge weekend series!!!!!!
    Need I reiterate?

Spoiler:
    BOSTON SUCKS!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They don't have it this year, I'm afraid. Sox and Rays have a much better approach at the plate. They don't try to do too much.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm finding myself not wanting to watch the games right now, but to instead check the updates after the fact! I know that's blasphemous to a true Yankee fan, but gee whiz, did they forget how to play baseball!

Spoiler:

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Huge weekend series!!!!!!
    Need I reiterate?

Spoiler:
    BOSTON SUCKS!!!!!!
    Who's your daddy?

Sorry - I promise this will be my once annual infiltration of your Yankee sanctuary.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I'm finding myself not wanting to watch the games right now, but to instead check the updates after the fact! I know that's blasphemous to a true Yankee fan, but gee whiz, did they forget how to play baseball!
    Sounds like me and the Cubs. The offense right now is just terrible.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There are so many ways to score runs. Unfortunately, over the last few years, the Yankees have depended way too much on the home run. That's not happening as much this year and therefore they are struggling to find ways to score.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yankees/Angels

Two outs, men on second and third. Torres takes a pitch on the outside corner and serves it to the right side against the shift. 2 easy runs. That's baseball, folks. It's not brain surgery. It's really not.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Forgive me but, I just can't watch anymore. Never thought that would be the case, bu there it is. It's just too depressing.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, yesterday's game pretty much sums up the season doesn't it? The Boss is spinning in his grave right now!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They were this close to going into the All-Star break on a high. Then...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They were this close to going into the All-Star break on a high. Then...
    My jaw just dropped down to my chest. I couldn't believe it!! Really seems like its indicative of this entire season. I haven't felt this bad about the Yanks since the early seventies and poor old, Horace Clark and Joe Pepitone!!! lol lol

It boggles the mind that a team with this much talent could fail so miserably. What's the answer? I don't even have a clue. HELP!!!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Who knew that the Yankees Second (or third) string team would take a series from the Red Sux!

A glimmer of hope! A very small glimmer, but still!

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 97 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast