Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Jesus!!!! When will they get it together? I mean they finally have a decent starting rotation and the hitters have gone on vacation!!! Judge, was out again!!!

5-3, on a road trip ain't bad, but they don't seem to have that "Killer Instinct". You know, when they put their foot on the throat of an opponent and come away with victory. This ain't the '98 team for sure. I live for baseball season and this one is killing me so far!!! Arrgggghhhhh!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Jesus!!!! When will they get it together? I mean they finally have a decent starting rotation and the hitters have gone on vacation!!! Judge, was out again!!!

5-3, on a road trip ain't bad, but they don't seem to have that "Killer Instinct". You know, when they put their foot on the throat of an opponent and come away with victory. This ain't the '98 team for sure. I live for baseball season and this one is killing me so far!!! Arrgggghhhhh!!!
    Me too. (Cubs Fan).

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, Lo and behold!!! We're up 7-3 on the cheaters in the 7th and a win tonite will put us over .500 since we were, 3-2 in early April. Also will be 4 in a row since I last posted. Also, Cole goes on Wednesday. So, a win tonight and a good bet we got 2 outta 3 from the Cheaters in Houston!!! This is a little more like it, thank you!!! LOL

man, Grienke looks a lot like, Burnett used to when on the mound in NY!!!! You can just see the squirrels running around in his head!!!! LOL Time and Time again it's a fact that it takes a certain kind of player to perform in NY!!! Grienke, Burnett. Irabu, Brown, Winfield, tartabull and a long line of otherwise outstanding players/pitchers that just couldn't hold up to the pressure and the big city lights of Yankee Stadium.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

4 hits for, Stanton tonight. That's like 5 out of the last 6 games with multiple hits!! I think he even got his AVG up to .300 currently. Boy, does he LUV that 2-hole!!! lol most of the lineup has started to show signs of life lately with the exception of, Frazier (despite 2 HR), Sanchez & Gardner.

Pitching staff has also shown signsof stabilizing with the possible exception of, Taillon. Monty, as the 5th guy is 50/50, but the Pen has been solid overall. 5th in the league I believe?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

its what you want
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Winfield had a great career for the Yankees. Those teams just had no pitching. Like, zero pitching.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, guess I mispoke on, Winfield. Memory can be funny sometimes. I suppose I recalled all his fights with the Boss more.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got a new nick name for, Sanchez. "The Kreaken". WTF has happened to this guy? How can someone who demonstrated such amazing power and ability just fall off the face of the Earth? He is now literally as bad as he was good. The thing is he wasn't just a flash in the pan. He was like the fastest (or one of) to reach a 100 dingers the first 2-3 years and then, whoa he just jumped off a cliff of disaster. I think its time they just gave the starting job to, Higgy. Maybe send, Sanchez back to the minors for a bit to see if he can get right.

On the flip side, Voit has looked good so far in his warm up games. He's ahead of schedule to come back and we could really use his bat.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright, 5 in a row, Stanton is unconcious with another HR, 4 RBI and 3 hits. 11 game streak to boot!!! Cole goes for the sweep tomorrow in a day game.

Man, I miss being at the stadium!!! The fans really gave it to the Stro's. Especially that fucker, Altuve!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I've got a new nick name for, Sanchez. "The Kreaken". WTF has happened to this guy? How can someone who demonstrated such amazing power and ability just fall off the face of the Earth? He is now literally as bad as he was good. The thing is he wasn't just a flash in the pan. He was like the fastest (or one of) to reach a 100 dingers the first 2-3 years and then, whoa he just jumped off a cliff of disaster. I think its time they just gave the starting job to, Higgy. Maybe send, Sanchez back to the minors for a bit to see if he can get right.

On the flip side, Voit has looked good so far in his warm up games. He's ahead of schedule to come back and we could really use his bat.
    It's really sad. We've certainly seen it happen before, but it's been a while since there was a Yankee that looked like he was going to be a legend and then his career fell off so quickly.

I think the culprit is his approach. Go back and watch early highlights of Sanchez. He was spraying balls to right-centerfield like crazy. Doubles, singles and of course he took advantage of the short porch in right. I'm going to see if I can find stats for how many home runs he has hit to rightfield the last few years.

Now, he's a strictly pull hitter looking to drive the ball out of the stadium. He's one-dimensional and it's so frustrating.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not a huge sample size, but between 2020 and so far in 2021 Gary has had 219 at-bats. In that time, he has hit 12 home runs. Only one of which has been to right field.

In 2019, Gary only hit .232, but he did hit for a ton of power, slugging 34 home runs. 6 of those were to right field. I think this is sufficient proof to support my theory.

If you really want some strong evidence, look at his 2017 spray chart. 2017 was easily his best year where he hit .278. His hits are all over the place. It's clear to me and it shouldn't be that hard to fix. It's all mental.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just need a minor league AB! I've never seen this much hype for a player who has never logged a professional AB. My main concern is that he's wound too tight, especially with all of the soft tissue injuries to guys like Stanton and Judge.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I just need a minor league AB! I've never seen this much hype for a player who has never logged a professional AB. My main concern is that he's wound too tight, especially with all of the soft tissue injuries to guys like Stanton and Judge.
    Well, we'll see at some point. Huge win this evening for the boys from the Bronx!!! 1-0 Cole gem and they will take the series. Very nice indeed!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here comes the Judge for the third time in two games!!!!

Yanks are up 5-0 over the Birds behind, German tody and going for the series win today and hopefully the sweep tomorrow!!!

Nothing cures a baseball teams ills as much as the present day, Orioles and Camden Yards!!! LOL

On a down note, the ranks of the DL are slowly swelling. Stanton, is out again, Hicks is possibly looking at surgery and, Torres tested positive for Covid! On the flip side, Sevrino and Britton both appear to be on schedule to come off the DL. Both players returning would be a huge impact for the pitching staff/bullpen.

On a side note, I'm rooting for, Andujar to return to form in this brief opportuntiy. An effective, Miggy would be a really nice problem in the near and far future. Let's be real, anybody swinging the bat well these days would be something we could really use. Also of note, apparently, Frazier is implementing some changes he worked on with, Thames that he hopes will produce some results.

Don't want to jinx it but, Sanchez has shown signs of life lately. Gary, please come back to us!!!! LOL With the possible exception of, Taillon the pitching staff has been stellar so far and is the primary reason for the, Yanks recent success. It would appear that, Cash made all the right moves in the off season so far. Cole, Kluber and German have been awesome!!! Monty, is about what you could expect from the #5 starter. If, Taillon can start to become more consistent the staff will be a force indeed. And is, Severino comes back in his former form sometime in, June the league better watch out!!! lol

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully, this is the last time we see Hicks. That man can't stay healthy. Time to go play golf.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Klu-Bot, fans 9 and no-hits the Rangers as Yanks win again, 2-0!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't believe it's been so long!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Monty, threw 7 innings of shutout ball for the Yanks!!! 10 K's as well. Loasiaga, gave up a run to tie after, Torres, homered but, man Monty can be fucking awesome evry 2-3 starts. If that guy can find a way to develop some more consistency it would bolster an already awesome staff. And if, Severino can return to form in June/July, watch the fuck out!!!!

Anyway, big series this weekend vs. the Sox. I believe, Cole goes tomorrow and he won't have two bad starts in a row I figure. So, if we can pull out the "W" tonight, we can take another series for sure!! Now, if only the bats could get it together. What do you think, Mr. Servant?

Edit: Bottom of the 8th, Wade on 3rd, Gardner, after a great at-bat, on 1st, nobody out and "The Machine" at bat..................

SHIT!!! Wade out at home on FC by DJ. Voit (0-3), up with 1 out, Marshall pitching..........................

SHIT-BALLS!!!! Voit,lines to 3rd a hot shot and doubles, Gardner off 2nd. 9th inning, here we come!!! lol lol Chappy, coming in can the boys from "Da Bronx" pull out this early season critical game???? Chappy, has been almost, dare I say (?) Mariano-like this year. perhaps, even better!! He has been deadly with that new "Splitter".

HOLY SHIT!!! A Triple-Play to get out of the 9th!!!!! Are you starting to "feel" this team? Have they finally locked into a "groove"? Can they fucking win this one tonight? Stay tuned!!!! lol lol

Bottom of the 9th, Judge, Urshela and Torres..............................

Torres, singles to drive in, Judge. Walk-off win for the Yanks!!!!! Here we go boys, are you startinng to "feel" it? They may not be destroying pitchers, but their pitchers are destroying hitters!!! That's what you need in the post-season I believe.

NOTE: Man, it would be a damn shame to waste this gem by, Monty. Seems we only get this kind of game from him every 3-4 starts. Didn't waste it. Chappy, got the "win", but Monty, got 'em there!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

that triple play though
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What do I think? I think this is a little more what we expected. The timely hitting is getting better. The offense is still not rocking, but the way MLB is this year, we might not see offense that we are used to.

It's not a surprise that the offense has seen an uptick once Torres starting hitting. He's a huge part of that offense. People forget how good of a year he had in 2019.

The starting pitching has been impressive and I hope it continues. I never panicked with the slow start. My dad always used to say that Memorial Day is the first benchmark of an MLB season.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What do I think? I think this is a little more what we expected. The timely hitting is getting better. The offense is still not rocking, but the way MLB is this year, we might not see offense that we are used to.

It's not a surprise that the offense has seen an uptick once Torres starting hitting. He's a huge part of that offense. People forget how good of a year he had in 2019.

The starting pitching has been impressive and I hope it continues. I never panicked with the slow start. My dad always used to say that Memorial Day is the first benchmark of an MLB season.
    Couldn't agree with you more, my friend!!! A SWEEP of the White Sox!!! Just the second one of the season. Here's hoping there are a lot more to come. Gardner is sneaking up there in hitting as is, Frazier. All keys to the offense. Now, if we can just get, Stanton on the field again. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just when things start looking up, we get devastating news about Kluber's shoulder. This is a potentially season-altering injury. They need Kluber as a #2 if they want to play deep into the playoffs.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just when things start looking up, we get devastating news about Kluber's shoulder. This is a potentially season-altering injury. They need Kluber as a #2 if they want to play deep into the playoffs.
    Yeah, its a big blow. Fortunately, Severino is due back shortly. Not ideal, but it will help. Bad day to be a Yankee fan.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast