Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'll take a 3 game win streak vs the Indians!!!! The BoSox thing does burn my ass!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

ditto!!!!!!!

Do ya think Jorge has finally figured out the whole DH thing!

Gardner coming to life too!

Now Swish needs to jumpo on the bandwagon!

And most importantly - can Jeter get 7 hits in the next 4 games! Hoping so!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Jorge has been hitting over .300 since June 1st, so yeah I think he may be back on track. Going for the sweep of the Indians tonight!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

18 hits yesterday and now they get the bases loaded with no outs and come away with nothing. Second inning first and second no outs - zip.

I can't figure this team out offensively. They should be destroying teams on a nightly basis.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thumped the "Reds" today!!!!! Way to go Bronx Bombers!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ivan Nova was dead on last night!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, his stuff was Nas-TY!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

3 game sweep of the Brew-Crew!!!!! C.C. was dealin'!!!!!! 13 K's I think? Tex is "locked in" and Swish seems to have figured things out. Also, we got Mitre back, which is great for the Pen!!!!

A-Rod getting back to hitting for Avg, Cano doing his thing. Granderson slugging away, and Jorge seems to be back on track. We're looking pretty good and 2.5 games ahead in 1st place!!!!!

Now, if we could just get back to Jeter's quest for 3,000.......................................
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Theeeee Yankee's win!!!! Bartolo Colon for Mayor!!!! Nunez for Deputy Mayor!!! If only the boy could play SS!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The funny thing about Nunez is that his scouting reports talked about a solid glove but they weren't sure how much he'd hit in the majors. Right now, he looks good at the plate, but his D is erratic.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't see the love affair with Sergio Mitre. He's not needed. What are they going to do with him when Hughes comes back? I hope they don't send Noesi down.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Mitre is back primarily to be an arm in the depleted bullpen. My guess is Nova becomes the odd man out when Hughes returns, but Colon and Garcia may then be on a short leash. I think Nova has made some bones, but it would be better that he continue to pitch then sit in the bullpen. You never know though.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just attended my 14-year-old grandson's Little League game--he plays for the Yankees. So far in the season (nine games, I think) they are UNDEFEATED!! He had three at-bats and three hits. He was thrown out in two of them, but had a double in the last. They went into the last inning down 5-7, but got three runs so the final score was 8-7!

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I just attended my 14-year-old grandson's Little League game--he plays for the Yankees. So far in the season (nine games, I think) they are UNDEFEATED!! He had three at-bats and three hits. He was thrown out in two of them, but had a double in the last. They went into the last inning down 5-7, but got three runs so the final score was 8-7!

John
    That's GREAT!!! Think I mentioned I coach 15-18 yr old's in little league here in AZ (Yankee's of course) as well. The kids bought me a great "Yankee" watch for the end of spring season. You can see it in my collection thread. John? maybe he'll be a future "Yankee" great like Jeter, who is ...............

4 from 3,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. So was there "Pie in Cleveland" after the game? Walk off win calls for that!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Go A's!!!!!!
    Quiet Merlin, I know we are your farm club, been that way since Maris.
    But we are 2nd in championships in MLB
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Go A's!!!!!!
    Quiet Merlin, I know we are your farm club, been that way since Maris.
    But we are 2nd in championships in MLB
    Actually 3rd, right behind the Cards 10 WSC, with 9 combined. 4 in Oakland and 5 in Philly. Also, traditionally KC was considered the unofficial Yankee "farm" team for a long time. Anyway, moneyball only gets you to the post-season not through it!!!

Nevertheless, Good Luck A's!!!!

Jeter is now 3 away from 3,000
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Opps I forgot the Cards passed us with the last one. They take from us what the yankees don't.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Tonight's the night - I feel it - Jeter joins an elite group at 3,000!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Tonight's the night - I feel it - Jeter joins an elite group at 3,000!
    Yeah, and maybe they'll WIN one!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

DER-EK JET-ER!!! <clap> <clap> <clap-clap-clap>

5 for 5, a home run for # 3000 AND the game winning RBI.

Unbelievable.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

3,003!!!!!

#2 Derek Jeter!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Derek! A VERY worthy accomplishment.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

He now sits above names like Gehrig, Ruth, Mantle, Dimaggio, Dickey, Berra and Mattingly on the all-time Yankee "Hit" list!!!!!!!

Amazing, just AMAZING!!!!!!!

Oh, and today he punched his ticket to the HOF if, there was ever any doubt!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    3,003!!!!!

#2 Derek Jeter!!!!!!!
    Hey Merlin,
    Wanted to give you a personal congrats on the Jeter milestone!!
    I'm not aware of a more dedicated NY fan than you.
    Again, Congratulations !

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Cook!!! Very nice of ya!!!

Was that not a GEM C.C. threw today! 2 of 3 from the Rays and into the break.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I ran across this on Amazon today and just had to pass the link on to all of you Yankees fans:

http://www.amazon.com/MLB-New-York-Y...0571912&sr=1-2

Enjoy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast