Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 97 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great article. The kid seems down to Earth. I love how he bought a used Honda with his money.

I get concerned when people throw around crazy comps like Bo Jackson, Mickey Mantle and Trout. He just needs to be himself and block that stuff out.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So not related to the upcoming season, but.......

I am currently reading The Closer, by Mariano Rivera (and a ghost writer of course).
    I've only read the first 100 pages or so and this story is fascinating. Mariano's signing bonus was a mere $2K!
    Of course we know how his story ends but the road he followed makes for a pretty interesting read!

As a surprise, I don't remember getting a signed copy, but this book is in fact signed. So I have his autograph twice; once in the book and once on a baseball.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! What an awesome surprise.

Mo has one of the nicest looking autographs I've ever seen.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post

I am currently reading The Closer, by Mariano Rivera (and a ghost writer of course).
    I've only read the first 100 pages or so and this story is fascinating. Mariano's signing bonus was a mere $2K!
    Of course we know how his story ends but the road he followed makes for a pretty interesting read!

As a surprise, I don't remember getting a signed copy, but this book is in fact signed. So I have his autograph twice; once in the book and once on a baseball.
    Awesome, Bob!!!! I'm jealous!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Awesome, Bob!!!! I'm jealous!!
    It makes up some of what I had to sell a year or so ago - all my S/Ls and a few more! :-)

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Mo Rivera Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

For your viewing pleasure!

Spoiler:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

For your viewing pleasure!

I hate you!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nothing but good things coming out of camp so far!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful pieces! Perfect for displaying.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spring Training Opener Tomorrow!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The first Cole-Sanchez meet up went well!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Whoa!!!! Dare i say, The Kraken is back????????? Those were two fucking moon shots yesterday!!! The first by, Sanchez and that Gibbons (?) guy on the Grand Salami!!! MONSTER SHOTS EACH!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's encouraging for sure. I have to say, I was hoping he'd come to camp a bit more slimmed down. He looks the same to me.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

German looked good!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Montgomery, goes tomorrow and I believe we will have then seen the entire potential rotation in action. So far (I know its still early) the pitching looks good and maybe as an added bonus so has, Sanchez. Let's hope they can keep up this level into the season. AL East is going to be a 3.5 dog fight. Baltimore, looks like it can be trouble and of course TB and Toronto will be knocking at the door. Especially, Toronto. They made some good moves and are much improved from last season. They WILL be trouble for sure. TB always seems to find a way as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tampa Bay is always competitive, but everything broke right for them last year. I don't see Arozarena continuing his insane streak he was on at the end of last year. Also, the trade of Snell hurts their rotation, there's no other way to look at it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Boys are looking very promising this spring so far!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yankees will not go as far as AL champs. They might not even win their division.
    Check back in October, but I'm dead solid right.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Yankees will not go as far as AL champs. They might not even win their division.
    Check back in October, but I'm dead solid right.
    We shall see, El Jefe but the starting rotation is looking very good so far. German, is rocking as are, The Klu-Bot and Taillon. They may need an arm or two for the pen, but the boys from the Bronx are looking very formidable. Stanton and Sanchez have been deadly as well. Then you also have the "Yankee Winning Tradition". See "The Flip", old buddy!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think they will win the Division. After that, who knows. The Rays will not be as strong. They traded Snell and while they always find a way, everything broke right for them last year.

The Orioles are years away from contending and the Red Sox are rebuilding as well. The Jays are a young, exciting team, but they need more pitching.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think they will win the Division. After that, who knows. The Rays will not be as strong. They traded Snell and while they always find a way, everything broke right for them last year.

The Orioles are years away from contending and the Red Sox are rebuilding as well. The Jays are a young, exciting team, but they need more pitching.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, Da Boyz are looking good going into the season!!! Dropped the Jay's today with, Cole on the hill. So, it looks like the rotation will be, Cole, Kluber, Taillon, Montgomery and German. I like it!!! I also would feel much better with another quality arm or two in the pen. Especially with, Britton down for awhile. Overall though, I really like our chances if everyone can stay healthy!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They have so many hard-throwing young arms, I feel some of them are going to end up working their way into the bullpen. That's the beauty of bullpens, they are kind of a work in progress all year long. It should be interesting when Severino comes back. I would not be shocked if they ease him in by working him out of the bullpen.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They have so many hard-throwing young arms, I feel some of them are going to end up working their way into the bullpen. That's the beauty of bullpens, they are kind of a work in progress all year long. It should be interesting when Severino comes back. I would not be shocked if they ease him in by working him out of the bullpen.
    True, but it's always nice tohave that "Tried and True" arm out there. Still, they look very ready for the 2021 season to get underway.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, you need some vets for sure. It should be interesting to see who makes it. I know they brought back Wilson and they also signed O'Day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 97 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast