Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Hybrid View

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Anything happen today?
    Yanks signed some guy named Cole. Astronomical amount of money that I fear will haunt them after 5 years. I hope not but time will tell.
    I hear ya. I was of the opinion that we didn't really NEED to sign, Cole but could have made due with, Baumgardner or some other starter, but Hell yeah, I'll take him!!!! He's probably got 6-7 really good years barring injury. He's a big power pitcher ala, Sabbathia, Clemens so he could pitch well for us years 8-10 with changes too. I am usually not a fan of these 6-7+ year contracts, but in this case I think we'll be alright..
    Thank you god they didn't sign Bumgarner. That way we wouldn't have to watch you butcher the spelling of his name.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Anything happen today?
    Yanks signed some guy named Cole. Astronomical amount of money that I fear will haunt them after 5 years. I hope not but time will tell.
    I hear ya. I was of the opinion that we didn't really NEED to sign, Cole but could have made due with, Baumgardner or some other starter, but Hell yeah, I'll take him!!!! He's probably got 6-7 really good years barring injury. He's a big power pitcher ala, Sabbathia, Clemens so he could pitch well for us years 8-10 with changes too. I am usually not a fan of these 6-7+ year contracts, but in this case I think we'll be alright..
    Thank you god they didn't sign Bumgarner. That way we wouldn't have to watch you butcher the spelling of his name.
    I think Bumgarner is on the downside of his career. I think Cole is an amazing signing, but not at that price and years. These salaries and years are out of control in baseball, basketball, and even football. It can't be sustainable.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anything happen today?
    I think Bumgarner is on the downside of his career. I think Cole is an amazing signing, but not at that price and years. These salaries and years are out of control in baseball, basketball, and even football. It can't be sustainable.
    You know dude I used to think the same thing regarding salaries, but you know what? Fuck it!!! Maybe its my age but it just ain't worth getting all excited about anymore. It is what it is. Besides it's not your/my money. I know, I know "But ticket prices are ridiculous and a say at the ballpark costs a fortune etc. etc.". So what? How many games do you attend now? I'd take $36 million a year (roughly calculating, that comes to about $10k A PITCH every game!!!) in a fucking heart beat if I could. Wouldn't you? Fuck it, more power to him!!! I figure at that rate he owes us a couple of no-no's and a perfect game, no? lol lol The best part of it is he only works every 5 days!!! lol lol

To hell with it. I want 'ships!!!! lol lol With him heading the rotation, and a little luck health wise, we should steam roll our way to 105-109 wins and a World Series win!!!

Go Yankees!!!!!

Hey, Still Servant?

Spoiler:
    I see from the post above that you still think you're the light in every room you enter and know all there is to know in life. Good for you. You're going to climb that corporate ladder any day now. Next thing you know, you won't be shopping at Goodwill anymore and will be reading books for which you paid the retail price. Yes, an above minimum wage gig is just around the corner for you, my boy! Successful enterprises just love to hire self absorbed, sarcastic bobble-headed guys with low self esteem issues and little or no respect for anyone or anything. Every office needs a clinically diagnosed shit head such as yourself to build the morale of those around you and provide comedic fodder for upper management. So, keep up that stellar attitude, it will take you far! You know it still amazes me that you think I give a flying fuck about you or your opinions. I admit though that every time I see your blocked posts, a smile spreads across my face and I shake my head in admiration of your persistent futility and total lack of character. Keep at it, my boy and Happy holidays!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Still Servant?

I see from the post above that you still think you're the light in every room you enter and know all there is to know in life. Good for you. You're going to climb that corporate ladder any day now. Next thing you know, you won't be shopping at Goodwill anymore and will be reading books for which you paid the retail price. Yes, an above minimum wage gig is just around the corner for you, my boy! Successful enterprises just love to hire self absorbed, sarcastic bobble-headed guys with low self esteem issues and little or no respect for anyone or anything. Every office needs a clinically diagnosed shit head such as yourself to build the morale of those around you and provide comedic fodder for upper management. So, keep up that stellar attitude, it will take you far! You know it still amazes me that you think I give a flying fuck about you or your opinions. I admit though that every time I see your blocked posts, a smile spreads across my face and I shake my head in admiration of your persistent futility and total lack of character. Keep at it, my boy and Happy holidays!!!!
    I don't know all there is to know in life. I just know how to spell Bumgarner and I know that there isn't an apostrophe in Yankees.

I also will never stop buying books used. That's just being thrifty.

I already have a corporate job. Whether I become a CEO or a homeless guy on the street, I will still be better than you in every way. You have no sense of humor, you don't understand normal conversations, which is the crux of every confrontation you have had on this forum for the last decade and you're a coward who loves to dish it but can't take it, so you have to block people.

Most of the things I say, I say just to get a reaction out of you because it's so fucking easy. Even blocked, you bite every time. You think you know me, but you couldn't be more off on who I am. The fact is, you have never taken the time to get to know me. Not once. Years ago, you attacked me because I posted a link to a clip from Schindler's List and have labeled me a villain ever since. It was unwarranted and out of line, but I embrace the monster you think I am nonetheless.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread