Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 97 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit!!! You and I agree on something!!! Surely the apocalypse is upon us!! lol

Happy Holidays, dude.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A very happy New Year to all those Yankee faithful out there. Here's hoping for a WS championship in 2021!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Holy shit!!! You and I agree on something!!! Surely the apocalypse is upon us!! lol

Happy Holidays, dude.

Maybe that means the opposite. Maybe that means 2021 is going to be an amazing year.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Happy Holidays, dude.

Maybe that means the opposite. Maybe that means 2021 is going to be an amazing year.
    Sure hope so, '20 is a year to forget!! Now, let's get DJ signed and move on to greater things!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Who are these "Yankees"?

I see no need for a single team thread. Particularly for a team that hasn't done anything in modern times.
    I had to Google the yankees just to see what people (Bill) are talking about.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Who are these "Yankees"?

I see no need for a single team thread. Particularly for a team that hasn't done anything in modern times.
    I had to Google the yankees just to see what people (Bill) are talking about.
    That's fair. It's been quite a dry spell. I think they are close though. Last year was just one of those years where it didn't come together. I'm not sure if it was just because the year was so atypical or what. I think they have a good squad though. It took the Dodgers a few years to get over that hump too.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought you folks might enjoy this article. Little insight to the character of the Boss and maybe a chuckle or two. I thought it was interesting anyway.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

UPDATES AND Q & A FROM YANKEE STADIUM

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

YANKS ARE BACK TO "TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS"!!!

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/cor...r-yankees-deal

Spoiler:
    Crossing my fingers he doesn't turn into another, Paxton. Now we come to terms with, Tanaka and we'll be good to go. I'm gonna include, Severino even though he won't be back until June

Cole
    Kluber
    Tanaka
    Severino/Garcia
    Montgomery/German

We'll be a little short on lefties, but I'm good with this if it stays healthy!!! We'll have a bullpen consisting of Chapman, Britton, Ottavino, Green, Schmidt, Garcia, Losiago, Cessa and German or Montgomery.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If Kluber can come back to anything close to his previous form, the Yankees are in business.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw that they gave DJ LeMahieu a 6 Yr/$90M contract; just remember, you owe it all to his time with the Sky Sox!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just some idle thoughts. I clearly have way too much time on my hands, but with football winding down my thoughts return to ST 2021. So, is Trevor Bauer still out there? Kluber is a win/win pick up at the priced I suppose and if he returns to anything like his former self, a slam bam win, but I can't help thinking he may turn into another, Paxton being largely ineffective and ultimately spending a lot of time on the DL. Bauer seems like the safer bet and if, Kluber is effective, gives the Yanks a rotation to compete with against the Astro's and Rays. I realize he may be a mouth issue, but I gotta think the Yanks experience, professionalism and history could both cure and survive anything he can come up with. He would be a solid addition to the staff on a one year contract where the pressure is on him to perform. Just my thoughts.

Despite their success with arbitration this should be a make or breeak year for, Judge, Sanchez and Stanton. Thesed three not only have to perform they have to stay healthy and on the field for the Yanks to be successful. That is critical!! If any of them land repeatedly on the DL its time to reconsider our options with them and move on. Again JMHO. Some additional keys to the season will be the return of, Severino to the rotation and his effectiveness as well as German and Montgomery. I'm not so much worried about Montgomery as I am, German but they represent needed talent and yourth to the team.

There just some things to consider as Pitchers and catchers day approach's.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just some idle thoughts. I clearly have way too much time on my hands, but with football winding down my thoughts return to ST 2021. So, is Trevor Bauer still out there? Kluber is a win/win pick up at the priced I suppose and if he returns to anything like his former self, a slam bam win, but I can't help thinking he may turn into another, Paxton being largely ineffective and ultimately spending a lot of time on the DL. Bauer seems like the safer bet and if, Kluber is effective, gives the Yanks a rotation to compete with against the Astro's and Rays. I realize he may be a mouth issue, but I gotta think the Yanks experience, professionalism and history could both cure and survive anything he can come up with. He would be a solid addition to the staff on a one year contract where the pressure is on him to perform. Just my thoughts.

Despite their success with arbitration this should be a make or breeak year for, Judge, Sanchez and Stanton. Thesed three not only have to perform they have to stay healthy and on the field for the Yanks to be successful. That is critical!! If any of them land repeatedly on the DL its time to reconsider our options with them and move on. Again JMHO. Some additional keys to the season will be the return of, Severino to the rotation and his effectiveness as well as German and Montgomery. I'm not so much worried about Montgomery as I am, German but they represent needed talent and youth to the team.

There just some things to consider as Pitchers and catchers day approach's.
    I'd really like to see Tanaka back on a one year contract, but it seems to be less and less chance that happens. I'd also like to see them give Gardner a one year contract; yes he will ride the bench but will be available in clutch situations and he has proven himself over and over in my opinion. My biggest worry is Sanchez; he's got to straighten out whatever has gotten him rattled.

Pitchers and catchers to report in 27 days; can't wait!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bauer completely priced himself out of a very dormant market. There's no way he gets paid anything close to what he wants. I'm not sure what he's going to do.

It's possible the Yankees could throw him a lucrative one-year deal or something. I'm not opposed to that. He will certainly have a lot to prove again. The rotation has a lot of question marks, but some crazy upside. If German can be what he was and if Severino can come back healthy and if Kluber can be anything, they have a chance to be really good with a bunch of young guys also in the mix. I know that's a lot of ifs, but hopefully, there's a full season to sort this all out.

As for Gardner, I think it's time to move on. He was a great Yankee and will receive one of the loudest ovations at Old Timers Day for decades to come.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bauer completely priced himself out of a very dormant market. There's no way he gets paid anything close to what he wants. I'm not sure what he's going to do.

It's possible the Yankees could throw him a lucrative one-year deal or something. I'm not opposed to that. He will certainly have a lot to prove again. The rotation has a lot of question marks, but some crazy upside. If German can be what he was and if Severino can come back healthy and if Kluber can be anything, they have a chance to be really good with a bunch of young guys also in the mix. I know that's a lot of ifs, but hopefully, there's a full season to sort this all out.

As for Gardner, I think it's time to move on. He was a great Yankee and will receive one of the loudest ovations at Old Timers Day for decades to come.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm hearing Bauer might go to the Mets or Dodgers. I'd prefer he goes to LA. That would give them a nasty rotation though.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This could be HUGE!!! Cashman is certainly rooling dem bones and hoping to come up with a "7" or "11" for sure, but if, Kluber and Taillon pitch like in the past the Yanks should haved that killer rotation they've been missing!!! Sure would be nice to still sign Tanaka, but the Luxury Tax would seem to prohibit that move. I'm thinking they still may be looking for another arm in the pen and maybe a lefty bat which I guess could still be, Gardner in the end.

However, maybe they'll stand pat on the offense and use, Ford instead though it would be tough to get his bat in the order unless, Voit were slumping. Nah, likely it's gardner somehow especially since I really think they will look for an arm in the pen. I hope they keep Otto. I believe he's due to finally to have a good year in pinstripes.

They're gambling on those two arms big time, but I have to think they were impressed with what they saw and maybe know something we don't. I hope so!!!

Your thoughts guys????????? Am I circling the truth or the drain here? lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's really interesting what Cashman is doing. They have a lot of high upside guys right now. If Kluber and Taillon could ever return to form, then the Yankees are in business. Then of course we have Severino and German. I have to think that some combination of those 4 are going to give us quality innings.

They are nice wild cards to have in conjunction with some of the young pitching they have coming up. Spring Training is going to be very interesting.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's really interesting what Cashman is doing. They have a lot of high upside guys right now. If Kluber and Taillon could ever return to form, then the Yankees are in business. Then of course we have Severino and German. I have to think that some combination of those 4 are going to give us quality innings.

They are nice wild cards to have in conjunction with some of the young pitching they have coming up. Spring Training is going to be very interesting.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Gotta be more than just Gardner in the works because of this. It's fucking, BOSTON after all and they have vowed never to trade with them!! Then again, they did unload $715 Million in contract obligations, but now they need a good arm for the Bullpen which, I thought they still needed with, Ottavino. They could also use a lefty bat with some pop in the line-up/on the bench. I hope, Cash knows what he's doing (then again, he usually does). There's gotta be some guys on the radar. What do you guys think?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just for shits and giggles. Still a few weeks until, pitchers and catchers report for duty. So, something to ruminate about in the interim. Do you agree with this list or would you do it another way? Another order? A different "moment" or two? Please share with the rest of the multitude of fans here!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

We are truly living in a wacky world when the Yankees, to save money, trade a main bullpen piece to the Red Sox. Granted, Ottavino really struggled last year, but it's purely a move to clear up space.

I know they have a bunch of hard-throwing arms that they really like, but I have to think there's another move to be made here.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

We are truly living in a wacky world when the Yankees, to save money, trade a main bullpen piece to the Red Sox. Granted, Ottavino really struggled last year, but it's purely a move to clear up space.

I know they have a bunch of hard-throwing arms that they really like, but I have to think there's another move to be made here.
    Yeah, somebody is on the radar for sure is my guess.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A little help for the bullpen. According to the article there may be more on the way and some money left for, Gardner provided he'll take a cut.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 97 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast