Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 97 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Yeah, you need some vets for sure. It should be interesting to see who makes it. I know they brought back Wilson and they also signed O'Day.
    Yeah, they did, but I don't know how effective they'll be over the entire season. They should be good, but it sure would be nice to have another, Chad Green out there. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thursday, is Opening Day!!!!!!!!

Gerritt Cole will be on the mound, The Kraken behind the plate, Judge in the outfield and The Machine at 2nd. Spring is in the air, the hot dogs are ready for the grill and all will be right in the world again!!!!

I can't wait for it!!! Looking forward to a healthy, championship run. All the pieces (except, Voit) are in place and we should be the division favorites!!!! Say it with me.....................

Let's Go Yank-ees!!! Clap, Clap, clap clap clap!!!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I will be taking my radio to the cemetery and listening to an inning or two at my dad's gravesite. He passed away in January.

He was the biggest Yankees fan I knew. He would have even given you a run for your money, Bill!
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I will be taking my radio to the cemetery and listening to an inning or two at my dad's gravesite. He passed away in January.

He was the biggest Yankees fan I knew. He would have even given you a run for your money, Bill!
    Way to go man. I'd have my kids do the same!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My newest Yankee fan - Logan Violet is 4 mo old now!

DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

One leaves us, and one joins us. Beautiful.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, Bob!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOOOOHOOOOO!

Oh... wrong thread

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yanks usually hit Ryu too.

Now is when you need to get something out of him. He usually misses half the season with some kind of injury it seems.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And, Stanton goes DOWNTOWN with a grand salami!!!

Oriole pitching is just what we needed!!! Judge goes deep as well and all is suddenly right with the Universe again!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And Judge leading the team in most stat categories. So nice to see some fans in the stadium!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    And Judge leading the team in most stat categories. So nice to see some fans in the stadium!
    Unfortunately, he's sitting out with an oblique issue. It doesn't seem to be serious, but I think every Yankees fan has to be a little concerned. Judge is a great player, but he's never going to get to the next level until he can stay on the field more. He's in too good shape. That's a real thing.

Honestly, I would tell him not to lift a weight for an entire year. He needs to be a little more fat and flabby. He and Stanton are wrapped way too tight.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately, he's sitting out with an oblique issue. It doesn't seem to be serious, but I think every Yankees fan has to be a little concerned. Judge is a great player, but he's never going to get to the next level until he can stay on the field more. He's in too good shape. That's a real thing.

Honestly, I would tell him not to lift a weight for an entire year. He needs to be a little more fat and flabby. He and Stanton are wrapped way too tight.
    Couldn't believe it when I heard it. 6 games in and he's hurt? And on top of that the fucker is hitting mid .300's!!! You're right, something's gotta change.

So BIG test here tonight as, Taillon goes for his first start since injury. BTW, Yanks have the top staff ERA in baseball so far!!! Taillon, going six or seven would be HUGE, but I'd be happy with a strong five. Of course it is, Baltimore. Still first outing since the injury is important regardless.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Taillon, did very well. Good news for the future. TB will be the test of the staff though I would think. It would be nice if the bats could match the pitching staff so far and "Mr. Fragile", Judge will be a good or bad sign for the season I suppose. I know its early, but the guy has to stay off the DL, for the love of God!!! And he's hitting in the .350's!!! OMG!!! Gleybar, needs to get going as does, Hicks!!! The "Machine" rolls on so far!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Are we using "Stick-ball bats" or something? Jesus Christ on a cracker!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This team has no spark. I know winning makes a team look like they are having fun, but they look bored. I know it's early, but something needs to change quickly.

I don't understand why they don't know how teams are going to try to get them out. Off-speed stuff. All. Day. Sit on it. Send it the other way. It's not rocket science. These teams are not going to let them go out there and feed off fastballs. The Yankees are always behind in the count, so you are never going to see anything but junk.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

This team has no spark. I know winning makes a team look like they are having fun, but they look bored. I know it's early, but something needs to change quickly.

I don't understand why they don't know how teams are going to try to get them out. Off-speed stuff. All. Day. Sit on it. Send it the other way. It's not rocket science. These teams are not going to let them go out there and feed off fastballs. The Yankees are always behind in the count, so you are never going to see anything but junk.
    Sadly, I agree!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sadly, I agree!
    Me too
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've watched a lot of baseball in my life and I've never seen an offense like this before. They look absolutely lost. Usually, you have a few guys who can carry you but as a team, nobody is hitting.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Last nights game had a hint of spark; just barely. The defense on both sides was embarrassing, to say the least. Somehow the Yankees eked out a win! Gee I wonder if they can win two in a row!

Sign me a forever Yankee fan, but a sad fan for now! Not even managing to sit through every game. :-( Just painful!!!

Still hopeful though for a 180 turnaround!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Last nights game had a hint of spark; just barely. The defense on both sides was embarrassing, to say the least. Somehow the Yankees eked out a win! Gee I wonder if they can win two in a row!

Sign me a forever Yankee fan, but a sad fan for now! Not even managing to sit through every game. :-( Just painful!!!

Still hopeful though for a 180 turnaround!
    History says they will, but damn if it ain't ugly so far.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They can't be this bad, there might be more holes than we thought, but they can't be this bad. 32nd team in the MLB for slugging percentage? Law of average says that will change.

That said, there are 2 spots they need to fix. Hicks is shot. He's lost a step in the outfield and his bat is S.L.O.W. Sanchez. He will never be that hitter they thought he would be. I play Higgy until he turns back into a pumpkin.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

They'll break out of it. Cubs broke out in a big way the last week. I hope they keep it up but who knows. Yankees have a stronger future right now.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They can't be this bad, there might be more holes than we thought, but they can't be this bad. 32nd team in the MLB for slugging percentage? Law of average says that will change.

That said, there are 2 spots they need to fix. Hicks is shot. He's lost a step in the outfield and his bat is S.L.O.W. Sanchez. He will never be that hitter they thought he would be. I play Higgy until he turns back into a pumpkin.
    Maybe they finally got the ship off in the right direction. Kluber threw a gem yesterday. German, went 7 today of 3 hit shutout ball. The Machine had another multi-hit game. Judge, Stanton, Higgy, Urshela and Ford have all gone yard recently and we took 3 of 4 from the Indians and 2 of 3 from, Baltimore. Pen is dealing for the most part. Dare I hope????? lol

Frazier, just went yard. 7-0 Yanks. Baltimore is just what they needed!! Maybe, just maybe we'll have a winning record come this weekend? lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep I'm hoping this is the turnaround. Higgy should be the full time catcher and Sanchez the backup (or trade bait). Fraser's Dinger and two bagger might just be the wakeup call he needed. Just how hard can Stanton hit the ball? I am surprised that Tauchman became the odd man out, but hey, that's baseball!

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 97 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast