+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2156

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

  1. #2126
    OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    8,131
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    You can't groove a pitch to Altuve with Marisnick on deck. You just can't. Marisnick is not a hitter. Take your chances with him.

    Also, just a pet peeve, but Merlin mentioned Moneyball. It's one of the biggest shams in baseball. I loved the movie, but the A's success had nothing to do with the Moneyball philosophy. They had 3 fantastic pitchers at the height of their careers in Mark Mulder, Barry Zito and Tim Hudson. Let's also not forget that they had an MVP shortstop in Miguel Tejada and one of the best hitters in the game in Eric Chavez.

    Moneyball is bullshit.

  2. #2127
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Out spending, Br!an's 1st & last mos security deposit for proposed rental space.
    Posts
    30,882
    My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    And so the "Off season" and subsequent re-tooling begins!!!! Just a few "off the cuff" thoughts about the ensuing contracts and "Dump or Keep"moves:
    1. Pitching: Obviously, Tanaka, Paxton and German are under contract. We don't know, German's capacity in the post season, but a promising season says "keep" (assuming off field issues are resolved). The first three are under contract for now and Montgomery Under contract) should be healthy as a #5 starter possibility. However we must have a top of the line ace!!! Cole, is someone we need to seriously consider.
    2. Shortstop: Sign, Didi if possible and somewhat reasonable for 3 yrs max, IMHO. Despite a mediocre ALCS. He's important to the team as a leader and is still a quality bat and fielder. Leave Gleyber at 2nd.
    3. 3rd/1st base: I think, Voit may suffer a setback here. I'd give strong consideration to moving Andujar to 1st. Of course, D.J. is a must to start everyday and maybe him, Andujar and Urshela can rotate at the two positions. It's very hard for me to see a healthy, Andujar's bat not be in the lineup everyday. Urshela may end up as a defensive back-up/injury insurance. This situation bears critical thought and resolution. D.J. is a must extend for at least 2-3 more years than his current contract
    4. Outfield: Judge is under contract and so is Hicks. That leaves LF and injury replacement. I think you have to try and bring back, Gardy. Stanton can play left occasionally, but he must take the DH role for the most part. Maybin or Frazier may be guys to look at for the bench. I assume, Frazier is cheaper, but he could be trade bait and maybe Maybin can be had for a reasonable contract. This situation also bears careful consideration. To me, Gardy is a no brainer despite his age. He also contributes to the clubhouse and C.C. is gone.
    5. DH: Lotta guys for this role, but you gotta go with, Stanton. Encarnacion would be great, but his $20 mil option has to go before he gets consideration and that is not likely to happen. That leaves, Voit, possibly mixing in, Andujar and some rotation among the starters. I'm probably missing some folks here at this writing.
    6. Catcher: I am becoming less and less a fan of "The Kraken", but I believe he is under contract and he probably should get at least one more year to prove himself. He's only done that in flashes to be fair and needs to stay healthy and want to contribute (his attitude seems lacking). Romine then becomes a MUST sign. There probably aren't as qualified and contract friendly options out there in the FA market. A quick pass at the list seems to offer primarily starters at this position. Romine is a familiar, above average back up whose bat has improved IMHO.

    Cashman, has some tough decisions to be sure, but I have faith he'll figure it out and improve the team such that it can finally beat, Houston!!!! I sure wish there was a way to realistically keep, Encarnacion but that is likely a pipe dream. A lot of folks will be in the "Cole Sweepstakes", but I'm sure if we want him we can get him. After him there really isn't anyone in the top of the rotation category (Strasburg will likely stay in D.C.). Next year is, Severino's year to finally step up and become the top of the line starter we so desperately need. He needs to overcome his post season issues (which he showed flash's of this PS). Fortunately, while there are a couple of serious decisions to be made to re-tool this club to beat, Houston and bring home a WS championship, the larger part of the team is still under contract. A few key upgrades/pieces need to be added to accomplish this goal IMHO

    Edit: I forgot to address the bullpen. Betances and Chapman have contracts expiring I believe. Tough call with them. Betances is coming off a year long injury and Chappy is getting old. Harris from the Astro's will be available, but we will need a 9th inning guy if they let Chappy go (his velocity is in decline on avg.) I haven't had a good look at possible FA closer's yet, but again I'll trust in, Cash!!!

  3. #2128
    OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    8,131
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    And so the "Off season" and subsequent re-tooling begins!!!! Just a few "off the cuff" thoughts about the ensuing contracts and "Dump or Keep"moves:
    1. Pitching: Obviously, Tanaka, Paxton and German are under contract. We don't know, German's capacity in the post season, but a promising season says "keep" (assuming off field issues are resolved. The first two are under contract for now and Montgomery should be healthy as a #5 starter. However we must have a top of the line ace!!! Cole, is someone we need to seriously consider.
    2. Shortstop: Sign, Didi if possible and somewhat reasonable for 3 yrs max IMHO despite a mediocre ALCS. He's important to the team as a leader and is still a quality bat and fielder. Leave, Gleyber at 2nd.
    3. 3rd/1st base: I think, Voit may suffer a setback here. I'd give strong consideration to moving Andujar to 1st. Of course, D.J. is a must to start everyday and maybe him, Andujar and Urshela can rotate at the two positions. It's very hard for me to see a healthy, Andujar's bat not be in the lineup everyday. Urshela may end up as a defensive back-up/injury insurance. This situation bears critical thought and resolution. D.J. is a must extend for at least 2-3 moere years than his current contract
    4. Outfield: Judge is under contract and so is Hicks. That leaves LF and injury replacement. I think you have to try and bring back, Gardy. Stanton can play left occasionally, but he must take the DH role for the most part. Maybin or Frazier maybe guys to look st for the bench. I assume, Frazier is cheaper, but he could be trade baitand maybe Maybin can be had for a reasonable contract. This situation also bears careful consideration. To me, Gardy is a no brainer despite his age. He also contributes to the clubhouse and C.C. is gone.
    5. DH: Lotta guys for this role, but you gotta go with, Stanton. Encarnacion would be great, but his $20 mil option has to go before he gets consideration and that is not likely to happen. That leaves, Voit, possibly mixing in, Andujar and some rotation among the starters. I'm probably missing some folks here at this writing.
    6. Catcher: I am beoming less and less a fan of "The Kraken", but I believe he is under contract and he probably should get at least one more year to prove himself. He's only done that in flashes to be fair and needs to stay healthy and want to contribute. Romine then becomes a MUST sign. There probably aren't as qualified and contract friendly options out there in the FA market. A quick pass at the list seems to offer primarily starters at this position. Romine is a familiar, above average back up whose bat has improved IMHO.

    Cashman, has some tough decisions to be sure, but I have faith he'll figure it out and improve the team such that itcan finally beat, Houston!!!! I sure wish there was a way to realistically keep, Encarnacion but that is likely a pipe dream. A loy of folks will be in the "Cole Sweepstakes", but I'm sure if we want him we can get him. After him there really isn't anyone in the top of the rotation category (Strasburg will likely stay in D.C.). Next year is, Severino's year to finally step up and become the top of the line starter we so desperately need. He needs to overcome his post season issues (which he showed flash's of this PS). Fortunately, while there are a couple of serious decisions to be made to re-tool this club to beat, Houston and bring home a WS championship, the larger part of the team is still under contract. A few key upgrades/pieces need to be added to accomplish this goal IMHO
    I know this is going to shock many people, but I pretty much agree with everything you said.

    I know a lot of people are souring on Sanchez because of his postseason struggles, but it's very hard to find a catcher that has that kind of offensive output, I would be careful moving him.

    Strasburg may go back to DC, but not after opting out of that contract. He's coming off of a career year and this will probably be his last contract in his prime. He's going to want big bucks. Not Cole bucks, which could be 40 mil a year, but still a pretty large contract.

    I think they will try to move Andujar. There are some rumors surfacing already that the Yankees may target a trade with the Indians for Lindor.

  4. #2129
    Going Slap Happy Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Park, Colorado
    Posts
    9,419
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Washington destroyed Houston last night. 8 straight post season wins. GODDAMN!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

  5. #2130
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Out spending, Br!an's 1st & last mos security deposit for proposed rental space.
    Posts
    30,882
    My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Cool "Hot Stove" article........................................... .......



  6. #2131
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Out spending, Br!an's 1st & last mos security deposit for proposed rental space.
    Posts
    30,882
    My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Yanks Strike COLE!!!!!!!


    1. Cole
    2. Paxton
    3. Severino
    4. Tanaka
    5. German/Montgomery

    Could very well be the BEST rotation in baseball, barring injury. I think we had our share of injury for the next 5 years last year!!!!

  7. #2132
    OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    8,131
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Anything happen today?

  8. #2133
    Servant of Gan allasorte is a jewel in the rough allasorte is a jewel in the rough allasorte is a jewel in the rough allasorte's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,859
    My Mood
    Confused
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Anything happen today?
    Yanks signed some guy named Cole. Astronomical amount of money that I fear will haunt them after 5 years. I hope not but time will tell.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

  9. #2134
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Out spending, Br!an's 1st & last mos security deposit for proposed rental space.
    Posts
    30,882
    My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Anything happen today?
    Yanks signed some guy named Cole. Astronomical amount of money that I fear will haunt them after 5 years. I hope not but time will tell.
    I hear ya. I was of the opinion that we didn't really NEED to sign, Cole but could have made due with, Baumgardner or some other starter, but Hell yeah, I'll take him!!!! He's probably got 6-7 really good years barring injury. He's a big power pitcher ala, Sabbathia, Clemens so he could pitch well for us years 8-10 with changes too. I am usually not a fan of these 6-7+ year contracts, but in this case I think we'll be alright..

  10. #2135
    OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    8,131
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Anything happen today?
    Yanks signed some guy named Cole. Astronomical amount of money that I fear will haunt them after 5 years. I hope not but time will tell.
    I hear ya. I was of the opinion that we didn't really NEED to sign, Cole but could have made due with, Baumgardner or some other starter, but Hell yeah, I'll take him!!!! He's probably got 6-7 really good years barring injury. He's a big power pitcher ala, Sabbathia, Clemens so he could pitch well for us years 8-10 with changes too. I am usually not a fan of these 6-7+ year contracts, but in this case I think we'll be alright..
    Thank you god they didn't sign Bumgarner. That way we wouldn't have to watch you butcher the spelling of his name.

  11. #2136
    Servant of Gan allasorte is a jewel in the rough allasorte is a jewel in the rough allasorte is a jewel in the rough allasorte's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,859
    My Mood
    Confused
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Anything happen today?
    Yanks signed some guy named Cole. Astronomical amount of money that I fear will haunt them after 5 years. I hope not but time will tell.
    I hear ya. I was of the opinion that we didn't really NEED to sign, Cole but could have made due with, Baumgardner or some other starter, but Hell yeah, I'll take him!!!! He's probably got 6-7 really good years barring injury. He's a big power pitcher ala, Sabbathia, Clemens so he could pitch well for us years 8-10 with changes too. I am usually not a fan of these 6-7+ year contracts, but in this case I think we'll be alright..
    Thank you god they didn't sign Bumgarner. That way we wouldn't have to watch you butcher the spelling of his name.
    I think Bumgarner is on the downside of his career. I think Cole is an amazing signing, but not at that price and years. These salaries and years are out of control in baseball, basketball, and even football. It can't be sustainable.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

  12. #2137
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Out spending, Br!an's 1st & last mos security deposit for proposed rental space.
    Posts
    30,882
    My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Anything happen today?
    Yanks signed some guy named Cole. Astronomical amount of money that I fear will haunt them after 5 years. I hope not but time will tell.
    I hear ya. I was of the opinion that we didn't really NEED to sign, Cole but could have made due with, Baumgardner or some other starter, but Hell yeah, I'll take him!!!! He's probably got 6-7 really good years barring injury. He's a big power pitcher ala, Sabbathia, Clemens so he could pitch well for us years 8-10 with changes too. I am usually not a fan of these 6-7+ year contracts, but in this case I think we'll be alright..
    Thank you god they didn't sign Bumgarner. That way we wouldn't have to watch you butcher the spelling of his name.
    I think Bumgarner is on the downside of his career. I think Cole is an amazing signing, but not at that price and years. These salaries and years are out of control in baseball, basketball, and even football. It can't be sustainable.
    You know dude I used to think the same thing regarding salaries, but you know what? Fuck it!!! Maybe its my age but it just ain't worth getting all excited about anymore. It is what it is. Besides it's not your/my money. I know, I know "But ticket prices are ridiculous and a say at the ballpark costs a fortune etc. etc.". So what? How many games do you attend now? I'd take $36 million a year (roughly calculating, that comes to about $10k A PITCH every game!!!) in a fucking heart beat if I could. Wouldn't you? Fuck it, more power to him!!! I figure at that rate he owes us a couple of no-no's and a perfect game, no? lol lol The best part of it is he only works every 5 days!!! lol lol

    To hell with it. I want 'ships!!!! lol lol With him heading the rotation, and a little luck health wise, we should steam roll our way to 105-109 wins and a World Series win!!!

    Go Yankees!!!!!


    Hey, Still Servant?

    Spoiler:
    I see from the post above that you still think you're the light in every room you enter and know all there is to know in life. Good for you. You're going to climb that corporate ladder any day now. Next thing you know, you won't be shopping at Goodwill anymore and will be reading books for which you paid the retail price. Yes, an above minimum wage gig is just around the corner for you, my boy! Successful enterprises just love to hire self absorbed, sarcastic bobble-headed guys with low self esteem issues and little or no respect for anyone or anything. Every office needs a clinically diagnosed shit head such as yourself to build the morale of those around you and provide comedic fodder for upper management. So, keep up that stellar attitude, it will take you far! You know it still amazes me that you think I give a flying fuck about you or your opinions. I admit though that every time I see your blocked posts, a smile spreads across my face and I shake my head in admiration of your persistent futility and total lack of character. Keep at it, my boy and Happy holidays!!!!

  13. #2138
    OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    8,131
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Hey, Still Servant?

    I see from the post above that you still think you're the light in every room you enter and know all there is to know in life. Good for you. You're going to climb that corporate ladder any day now. Next thing you know, you won't be shopping at Goodwill anymore and will be reading books for which you paid the retail price. Yes, an above minimum wage gig is just around the corner for you, my boy! Successful enterprises just love to hire self absorbed, sarcastic bobble-headed guys with low self esteem issues and little or no respect for anyone or anything. Every office needs a clinically diagnosed shit head such as yourself to build the morale of those around you and provide comedic fodder for upper management. So, keep up that stellar attitude, it will take you far! You know it still amazes me that you think I give a flying fuck about you or your opinions. I admit though that every time I see your blocked posts, a smile spreads across my face and I shake my head in admiration of your persistent futility and total lack of character. Keep at it, my boy and Happy holidays!!!!
    I don't know all there is to know in life. I just know how to spell Bumgarner and I know that there isn't an apostrophe in Yankees.

    I also will never stop buying books used. That's just being thrifty.

    I already have a corporate job. Whether I become a CEO or a homeless guy on the street, I will still be better than you in every way. You have no sense of humor, you don't understand normal conversations, which is the crux of every confrontation you have had on this forum for the last decade and you're a coward who loves to dish it but can't take it, so you have to block people.

    Most of the things I say, I say just to get a reaction out of you because it's so fucking easy. Even blocked, you bite every time. You think you know me, but you couldn't be more off on who I am. The fact is, you have never taken the time to get to know me. Not once. Years ago, you attacked me because I posted a link to a clip from Schindler's List and have labeled me a villain ever since. It was unwarranted and out of line, but I embrace the monster you think I am nonetheless.

  14. #2139
    Servant of Gan allasorte is a jewel in the rough allasorte is a jewel in the rough allasorte is a jewel in the rough allasorte's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,859
    My Mood
    Confused
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Mike,
    I remember AWHILE ago we were talking about antique keys. Yes this is not a Yankee post but I will be quick. My mother still collects them. For Christmas I got her 5 antique keys from ebay. One was from 1887. Pretty neat and I believe they are authentic because they are used, and look hammered and pitted. On ebay you have to make sure looking for something like this they are listed as used and not new. LOL
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

  15. #2140
    OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    8,131
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Mike,
    I remember AWHILE ago we were talking about antique keys. Yes this is not a Yankee post but I will be quick. My mother still collects them. For Christmas I got her 5 antique keys from ebay. One was from 1887. Pretty neat and I believe they are authentic because they are used, and look hammered and pitted. On ebay you have to make sure looking for something like this they are listed as used and not new. LOL
    I love keys! I wonder if the conversation you are referring to stems from my recent interest in cemetery keys. There are tons of old crypt keys that are out there, but no longer in use because, well everyone is dead that would have ever needed access to said crypt. Many old cemeteries still have them stored. It's pretty cool.

  16. #2141
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Out spending, Br!an's 1st & last mos security deposit for proposed rental space.
    Posts
    30,882
    My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    So, we say good bye to, Didi, Dellin and Austin!!! Gonna miss all three, but I think, Didi was a mistake he brought more than his bat and his glove to the team. Romine's are some BIG shoes to fill. Dellin would've cost too much to see if he fully recovered. I suppose the same could be said of Didi. Trust in Cashman is the way to go I think.

  17. #2142
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Out spending, Br!an's 1st & last mos security deposit for proposed rental space.
    Posts
    30,882
    My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Man, just reported the Sox got caught with their hand in the cookie jar yet again regarding sign stealing in 2018. Astro's, Red Sox (2x) WTF people!!!!

  18. #2143
    OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    8,131
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Yankees lost the first spring training game. Season is over.

  19. #2144
    One of The Few The Proud CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA is a splendid one to behold CRinVA's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,487
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Assuming that was sarcasm! No team wins all their games. The best teams barely eke out a winning percentage greater than 60%. Besides Spring Training is nothing more than practice and a chance to scope out the opposition.

    Too many factors in the game, from innate skills, to strategy, to luck!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

    Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”


    Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

  20. #2145
    Maerlyn's Imp Joe315 is a splendid one to behold Joe315 is a splendid one to behold Joe315 is a splendid one to behold Joe315 is a splendid one to behold Joe315 is a splendid one to behold Joe315 is a splendid one to behold

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,282
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Yankees lost severino for the year with tommy john surgery. Lot more pressure on Cole to perform this year.

  21. #2146
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Out spending, Br!an's 1st & last mos security deposit for proposed rental space.
    Posts
    30,882
    My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Yankees lost severino for the year with tommy john surgery. Lot more pressure on Cole to perform this year.
    It's a shame with, Severino. I'm sure, like myself, they were looking forward to having 2 aces in the rotation, but it shouldn't really put anymore pressure on, Cole then he puts on himself. They still have, Paxton coming back in May (hopefully) and German in June (definitely). In the meantime, the pressure would be on Monty to perform and they still can "Bullpen it" with, Losiaga/Cessa/Green and/or maybe one of the youngsters.

    Stanton, is down again!!!! This fucking guy is bench pressing broads in the off season yet as soon as baseball begins grabs his calf and puts himself on the DL for 4 weeks!!!! C'mon, Carlo suck it up and rub a little dirt on it!!!! Play ball already!!! WTF with this guy anyway? This contract is looking worse and worse every year. Thank God, the team can cash in their insurance policy again if this crap keeps up and he plays another 20 games this year!!! Just when they could use his big bat in the lineup to help blow out some teams in Apr/May and help out the pitching staff, he comes up lame!!! What a team kinda guy he is!!!!!
    The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!!

    They cheated their way to a couple of League Championships & a World Series!!!!

    Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

  22. #2147
    OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    8,131
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Assuming that was sarcasm! No team wins all their games. The best teams barely eke out a winning percentage greater than 60%. Besides Spring Training is nothing more than practice and a chance to scope out the opposition.

    Too many factors in the game, from innate skills, to strategy, to luck!
    I just figured that's what what's his face would say. Of course there would be a ton of incorrectly used commas and tons of ....

  23. #2148
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Out spending, Br!an's 1st & last mos security deposit for proposed rental space.
    Posts
    30,882
    My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Oh, woe for Opening Day throughout the sport!!!!!

    Where is my baseball season that I have waited all these months to begin!!!!!!



    That emoji is now so much more appropriate given the state of the game and nation!!!!
    The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!!

    They cheated their way to a couple of League Championships & a World Series!!!!

    Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

  24. #2149
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Out spending, Br!an's 1st & last mos security deposit for proposed rental space.
    Posts
    30,882
    My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Missing baseball very much during this mess I've been getting by on some recent "Yankee Classics" on the "Yes" network and today they re-broadcast, Derek Jeter's last game. You know, sometimes I think that other than perhaps, Yankee fans he doesn't get the respect in baseball in general that he deserves. Maybe from the players, but certainly not from the media. He is definitely in the argument as perhaps the greatest Yankee of all time. Certainly he is in the same group that includes, Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio, Mantle, Berra, Ford and Rivera. Jesus, the guy went to the playoffs his rookie year, won "Rookie of the Year" honors, MVP of the WS, MVP of the All Star game, The first and as yet ONLY Yankee to join the 3,000 hit club, He hits a HR for his 3,000th hit (only the 2nd guy to accomplish that feat) and he plays his last game at the stadium and hits the walk off single!!! Am I missing anything? I'm sure I am this guy just led a truly magical life in his career in baseball. He's also in the conversation for the greatest shortstop of all time having more hits than any other shortstop in history and playing his entire career as a Yankee and a shortstop from stat to finish. Lastly, he got what? 4 rings? and been in the playoffs 19 of his 20 years as a core member of an oft times virtual all star team. His post season numbers, "Mr November" and a first time ballot member of the HOF. Just an amazing player and it was a freaking honor and a pleasure to watch him for those 20 years!!!


    AND THIS!!!!!!!


    The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!!

    They cheated their way to a couple of League Championships & a World Series!!!!

    Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

  25. #2150
    OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    8,131
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Missing baseball very much during this mess I've been getting by on some recent "Yankee Classics" on the "Yes" network and today they re-broadcast, Derek Jeter's last game. You know, sometimes I think that other than perhaps, Yankee fans he doesn't get the respect in baseball in general that he deserves. Maybe from the players, but certainly not from the media. He is definitely in the argument as perhaps the greatest Yankee of all time. Certainly he is in the same group that includes, Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio, Mantle, Berra, Ford and Rivera. Jesus, the guy went to the playoffs his rookie year, won "Rookie of the Year" honors, MVP of the WS, MVP of the All Star game, The first and as yet ONLY Yankee to join the 3,000 hit club, He hits a HR for his 3,000th hit (only the 2nd guy to accomplish that feat) and he plays his last game at the stadium and hits the walk off single!!! Am I missing anything? I'm sure I am this guy just led a truly magical life in his career in baseball. He's also in the conversation for the greatest shortstop of all time having more hits than any other shortstop in history and playing his entire career as a Yankee and a shortstop from stat to finish. Lastly, he got what? 4 rings? and been in the playoffs 19 of his 20 years as a core member of an oft times virtual all star team. His post season numbers, "Mr November" and a first time ballot member of the HOF. Just an amazing player and it was a freaking honor and a pleasure to watch him for those 20 years!!!


    AND THIS!!!!!!!


    That could not be farther from the truth. I have friends who are Red Sox fans that LOATHE the Yankees, but as a whole, they say they respected Jeter. I can guarantee that fans across the country would agree. As for the media, Jeter never gave them anything, but I wouldn't say they didn't respect him. He didn't give them the warm and fuzzies, but he was certainly somebody they respected. The fact that Jeter almost got into the Hall of Fame with every vote but one, proves that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts