Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

BOSTON SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

So, the Broken Bombers take another series today (albeit a rain shortened one) and seek a sweep tomorrow!!! I believe this is the 9th in a row for them as they continue to steamroll the East!!! I belive the comparisons to the 1998 team are somewhat valid in that they are doing it with great pitching and a different hero every night!! While they are no strangers to the HR, they are also scoring runs with good base running and timely hits!! They may not have, Jeter, O'Neil, Wells, Cone & co names, but who knows what the future will bring for these guys. Could be beloved stars of tomorrow. Also, I'm calling it, Urshela is for real!!! Maybe not .333+ real, but he can hit!!! And I stand corrected, D.J. LeMahuei is the free agent signing of the year!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

C.C. for the SWEEP tonight!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Get the Broom for Tampa!!!!!!

......And C.C. gets No. 250!!!!!!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Apologies for dumping this here as it doesn't involve the Yankees, but I don't know that there's a general MLB thread and I doubt this really deserves its own new thread, and this struck me as just so ridiculous that I had to put it somewhere:

BREAKING: The Tampa Bay Rays have received MLB's permission to explore becoming two-city team

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...aying-montreal

WTF
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Apologies for dumping this here as it doesn't involve the Yankees, but I don't know that there's a general MLB thread and I doubt this really deserves its own new thread, and this struck me as just so ridiculous that I had to put it somewhere:

BREAKING: The Tampa Bay Rays have received MLB's permission to explore becoming two-city team

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...aying-montreal

WTF

IDK I mean I'm not a MLB executive or anything, but if that is what it takes to keep a team like TB in the AL East and MLB I say go for it. Sounds rather interesting. I mean somehow TB manages to put a competitive team on the field just about every year. They produce a lot of quality players (whether they stay in TB or not) and they also advance the game with new innovations and strategies. So, in my mind anyway, it seems a good idea to insure that they remain viable and competitive. Just my 3 beans is all.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And we take another series!! Vs the 1st place Astro's no less!! Stanton, Judge, The Kraken and on and on. We're nearing full strength which doesn't bode well for the A.L. East. Now, if we could just lock down a starting pitcher.......................... 49-27!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy Old Timer's Day!!!!!

For all you Yankee fans out there a very special day each and every year!!! Does my heart good to see all the former greats take the field. This was, Mo's first time to the party and all the gang was there. I held my autographed, Don Larsen hat as he was announced (lol) along with, Mr. October, The Gator, Whitey (from home), Mick the Quick and on and on!!! Always one of my favorite games of the year!!!!

Now, let's see if they can go for the sweep vs Verlander, The Mad Hun!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Another sweep!!!!!!!

9-1 Homestand and off to London to take on, Boston!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yanks are up in London!!!!!

Fuckers tie it up in the bottom of the 1st

Gardy, goes yard with one on!!!! 8-6 Yanks in the 3rd!!!!

DJ doubles in 3, Judge with a 2 run shot & Gardy drives in 1 with a walk and 14-6 mid 4th!!!!!

DJ with a 2 run single, Voit/Urshela scores and 17-6 Yanks mid 5th!!!!

It's gotten ugly, Sports Fans!!! lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

ALL RISE!!!!!!!

Aaron Judge with a 2 run shot across the Pond!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Time for the Sux to head for the Pub!!! The Yanks are bringing back the Blitzkrieg in, London!!

17-6 Yanks, bottom of the 5th!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Time for the Sux to head for the Pub!!! The Yanks are bringing back the Blitzkrieg in, London!!

17-6 Yanks, bottom of the 5th!!!!!
    No post on how the Red Sox almost came back again? The Yankees bullpen was intent on blowing that one. They were lucky to hold on.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay,sports fans, my internet went down yesterday. However, though it may have ended up ugly, we took home the "W" yesterday!!!! I'm gonna chalk it up to the extended flight, ballpark and mid-season "hoopla". Regardless, whatever was responsible for 30 combined runs we prevailed and went to 25 games over .500!!!!

Today's contest had us down 4-2 going into the top of the 7th. Then, our monster line up woke up!!! The Bombers treated the Brit's crowd to a barrage of hits and runs. Perhaps more importantly they did it in "top to bottom" fashion with virtually everyone contributing to the monster inning. The Kraken, The Machine, The Judge, Urshela and Hicks to name a few all chipped in with singles and doubles, combing to put up 9 runs in the inning. And without a single HR!!!!!! The current score?

11-4 Yankees!!!!!

Update: Sir Didi has chipped in with a HR to make it 12-4 and extend the HR per game streak to 32!!!!

Update: Boston managed a few runs in the 8th, but Chapman shut the door in the ninth striking out the side!!!

• I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it's time to take the broom back out of the closet because, there's some sweeping to be done in, London!!!!!

Final: 12-8 Yankees win, The Yankees win!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

If you like offense it was some terrific baseball! Pitching - not so much!

(side note: just read that Severino not back until late August! Cashman needs to make a deal before the 7/31/19 deadline.)

Sir Didi showing gold glove type defense though! The DP that ended game 1 in London was a sight to see!

I hope Voit's "core" injury is minor! He was 4 for 4 with three doubles when he came out.

DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

These guys are tuned up way too much. Nobody should have muscles near their belly button.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Latest Yankee Prospect signing........................................... ...The Latin Mickey Mantle, nicknamed "The Martian"!!!!!!

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...rnational-coup

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Big risk on a 16 year old. Hope it pays off for them.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Not really not for the Yanks anyway. Did you read the whole thing? A lotta scouts/teams were on him.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Not really not for the Yanks anyway. Did you read the whole thing? A lotta scouts/teams were on him.
    I did. 5 million for the yanks is nothing, you’re right. Just that at 16 he’s more likely to flame out then be great. But you never know. All prospects, especially at that age, are a crap shoot.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Latest Yankee Prospect signing........................................... ...The Latin Mickey Mantle, nicknamed "The Martian"!!!!!!

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...rnational-coup
    I'm a big prospect guy and I take comparisons like that with a grain of salt. They are thrown around way too easily. I know it gives people a quick idea of the skillset, but I think it's unfair to the player.

Some Yankees fans will remember Jackson Melian. He was supposed to be the next Joe D. Then there was Ruben Rivera. Around the league, there are numerous other examples. J.D. Drew was supposed to be the next Mickey Mantle and while he had a decent career, he never came close to those lofty expectations.

Let the kid grow at his own pace and develop into his own self.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, we took the first two from the, Rays!!! They weren't pretty, but they were "W's"!!! Now, to deal with, Snell!!! Hopefully it goes to the 'pens.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fucking Gardy with HR #14 and team run #500!!!! lol Holy Shit, should we move him to the clean-up spot in the line-up? lol lol I think he only had a total of 12 dingers all of last year!!! Though I think in 2017 he had 20 or so.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Gardy is the hardest playing member of the team. He may not have a great average, but he seems to get hits when they are needed the most and catches the difficult fly balls when they matter the most. His head first slides into First Base are awesome.

Gardy's split lip throwing his helmet after he was robbed of an extra base hit was just damn funny. And just damn impressive that he let them stitch up his lip with no Novocain so that he could get back in the field that inning.

Did you see Urshela's putout the other day wile seated in the base path! It was a thing of beauty!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Gardy is the hardest playing member of the team. He may not have a great average, but he seems to get hits when they are needed the most and catches the difficult fly balls when they matter the most. His head first slides into First Base are awesome.

Gardy's split lip throwing his helmet after he was robbed of an extra base hit was just damn funny. And just damn impressive that he let them stitch up his lip with no Novocain so that he could get back in the field that inning.

Did you see Urshela's putout the other day wile seated in the base path! It was a thing of beauty!
    I gotta agree with you, Bob on Gardner. I often tried to make a case for letting him go, but the way he plays the game, Hard and fast, I always fell short. Not to mention how he works a pitcher often taking pitch counts into double digits.

Today is the anniversary of, Derek Jeter's 3,000th hit where he went 5 for 5, hit a HR for number 3,000, nearly hit for the cycle and had the game winning hit against, David Price and the Rays!!!! YES is broadcasting the game as I type. Of note was the kid who caught the ball and asked for nothing, but received a bounty and Yankee fan would drool over!!! Great day in Da Bronx!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to drink this for Bill:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast