Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Novella Ur available on Kindle and for download

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure why copyright would come into play. Wouldn't this be fair use for educational purposes of sorts? If it's not the full text, just the changed parts. We've had the complete Revised Gunslinger comparison on this site for years with no problem.

At any rate, I'm glad to have my original ebook copy. Another uncollected rarity now. Have any of the other stories in Bazaar been revised?

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

A few of them have minor revisions - some have word differences in their beginnings, others have new endings.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm sure there are minor revisions to many of them -- different copy-editors will flag different things, for example -- but Ur is the one that was radically revised. There's hardly a page that doesn't have some modifications. That's why it wouldn't be practical to post the changes. I'd pretty much have to post the entire story, which wouldn't be kosher.

Along the Path of the Beam Kevbot will become famous soon enough Kevbot will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'm thinking we won't see this in print until King's next collection, which may be not that far off actually, since it only took six years between Everything's Eventual (2002) and Just After Sunset (2008). Before, it was nine years between Everything's Eventual and Nightmares & Dreamscapes (1993), eight years between Nightmares & Dreamscapes and Skeleton Crew (1985), and seven between Skeleton Crew and Night Shift (1978). So seven years on average, or around 2015...
    Nailed it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And we now officially know it's Ur, not UR.

Along the Path of the Beam Kevbot will become famous soon enough Kevbot will become famous soon enough

Note about the revisions: the text version has the revisions, but the audiobook uses the original text. That may be a practical way of going through things to see/hear the differences.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You don't come around here very often Mr. Quigley, now do you! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Kevbot View Post
    Note about the revisions: the text version has the revisions, but the audiobook uses the original text.

I was wondering this, thanks for the info.

I've been coming by more and more. I'm hoping for info about new books soon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9