Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Friday the 13th

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Yes, they were.

...but just think if this goes over well they may decide to remake such classics as Jason In Hell, Jason Takes Manhattan, and everyone's favorite Jason Meets Star Wars.

yeah like the scene where the guy tells them that all he wants is his machete back. in my opinion if a killer is killing everyone in space and you suggest giving him his ultimate weapon you deserve to get killed(in the movie)...lol

Does whatever a spiderman does.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

**Aaron posting**

I went and saw this last night and I thought it was actually really good, as far as F13 movies go. The main thing that I disliked was that it really wasnt what they advertised in the interviews given about the movie. They made it sound as though it was a mixture of the first three films, but it really wasnt. It was its own film. Not that that is a bad thing, necessarily, but I would have enjoyed seeing some of the remake qualities in there. I did like that we got a much better look into the character of Jason, his creepy little domain was awesome. As far as the series goes it was definitely one of the best made of all of the films, though I am going to have to rank it just behind the original, which I think was scarier and more effective as a film.

Spoiler:
    One thing that bothered me was that the female lead character didnt even seem phased when she found her boyfriend fucking the slutty blond girl. I mean, I know they had just discovered Jason's lair and all, but she would have at least said, "WTF?".
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I just got back from the theater, but I don't know, I'd have to say I'm a bit disappointed. It definitely wasn't a remake, like Aaron said, but pretty much it's own film in the series.
    My favorite part was the opening scene, but then after that I just felt a little let down. That's not say I hated it, because I didn't but I felt they could have made a stronger film. And there were definitely some great scenes with Jason.
    And about your spoiler, I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. I thought I had just gotten confused or something and that they weren't dating, because that scene made no sense to me.

And now I'm going to go into a mini rant about movie audiences. I know I've complained before, but this has got to take the cake for the worst audience in any film I've seen. There was a small group of people in front of us that were loudly talking throughout the whole film, flipping open their phones and texting, taking calls during the movie. One of the guys even went to toss a plastic spoon over at his friend and completely missed and it ended up hitting my leg, no "oh I'm sorry" or nothing. There there was another group of people sitting near the back, that were screaming non-stop throughout the film. I'm not going to complain about screaming during a horror film, but they were screaming at the top of their lungs during non scary parts, and I don't know if they were trying to be funny or what. Then whenever there was a fight scene with Jason, they'd start yelling at the screen.
    /rant
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

at the end of the movie, i had this feeling that could be described as "what he did, he did too efficiently and too quickly for such an unremarkable ending" you could see it coming the moment they returned to that area. and him doing superhuman (kinda) feats, then
    Spoiler:
    almost getting his ass kicked by Clay

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I noticed quite a few people texting during the film as well. Very annoying.

Thinking on it some more, I actually would have rather seen more with the first group of kids that we saw in the opening sequence. They were fun, likable, and fit the mold perfectly for the right character mix for a F13 film. I really think that if they were starting over it should have revolved around camp counselors, as that is Jason in his most basic element. Look at how awesome part 6 was.

They also neglected the formula of main girl who stays away from danger and then finds all of her dead friends one-by-one before facing off with Jason. Although I did like that they had two main females, as it did add an element of suspense because the presence of the other girl put both in potential danger of being killed. So that was kind of refreshing, since you can usually bet that the main girl is definitely going to live, whereas this left it more ambiguous.
    Heng Dai

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

And that's what I disliked about the film as well. I just wasn't too fond of the plot they chose. I was really hoping to see more of a remake of the first 2 films with the camp counselors, because to me as well, that's what the Friday the 13th films are about. I haven't seen the 6th one, but I might have to. I stopped at 3, and then picked back up again with Freddy vs Jason.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Outside of the first four, the best of the series--IMHO--was Part 6: Jason Lives. You had all of the right elements: counselors and a camp, an excellent depiction of Jason, moderate boobage, and an engaging storyline. It was just a fun movie, and I highly recommend it.
    Heng Dai

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out. Usually as the series go on they tend to get worse and worse, so I usually end up staying away from the later ones.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

what i meant to say earlier was about how moderately paced the movie was, then Jason kills most of the characters in about 10 minutes.
    also the cop pulled a Cujo
    Spoiler:
    (he didn't radio in before leaving the car)

in fact there were quite a few parts which didn't make sense to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2