Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 25 Random Things

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Default 25 Random Things

This has been going around Facebook and I've been thinking that I'd love to hear what my friends on .com have to say about themselves.

All you do is write a list of 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. It can be as short or as lengthy as you want.

Have fun!

Here's mine:

1. I work at a Scooters, which means I make coffee drinks for people all day long. I don't like coffee.

2. I will listen to and generally like (at least on a surface level) any type of music you put in front of me, as long as it's not country. Je deteste country music.

3. I'm currently employed at three different places of business, but I only work at two of them.

4. I don't have OCD in general, but I actually have one form of it. It's called trichotillomania. Usually that means that a person pulls out their hair, but I don't do that. I pull out my eyelashes. Don't ask me why, I don't know. But I can't stop. I've tried. It's impossible. Yeah, I'm weird.

5. I'm an incredibly lazy person - almost anyone who knows me personally will vouch for that.

6. I've recently developed a taste for white wine. I would like to drink a glass of chardonnay every evening.

7. I am an incredibly passionate person, but usually about one or two things at a time. I become obsessed with a song, an artist, a movie, or a book and spend all of my free time talking about it, researching it, and probably wasting a lot of money on it. It's just what I do. In high school my friends started an "obsession book" that chronicled all of my obsessions for that year. Each year on my birthday they add more pages.

8. I really don't know much about politics, nor do I care much. I do consider myself quite liberal however, especially when it comes to civil rights.

9. I was a Jesus Freak until my junior year of high school. It was about that time that I realized I was sick of faking it and I decided to leave church. Call is a crisis of faith, if you will, but it just wasn't for me. As of now I consider my religious views to be agnostic but apathetic. I don't know about god and, at this point in my life, I don't really care. That will change in the future when I have more time to think. I'm sure of it.

10. I really wish I still played an instrument well. I played the piano for 6 years growing up but got bored with it. Then I played the cello for 2 years before deciding to try out choir. Every so often I get on a guitar kick. I've taught myself to play (basic) chords, and I go through phases where I play daily for three weeks then I don't pick it up for three months.

11. I'm definitely an ideas person. I sometimes have a hard time following through...

12. When I have to work with a group for a project, I want to be in charge. I don't ever trust that the people I'm working with will get their shit done. I hate working in groups.

13. I'm a professional perfectionist.

14. When I eat M&Ms, they have to be two by two and they have to be the same color. If there are extras left over somebody else can eat them. If I'm eating M&Ms in the dark and can't see the colors, I don't care how I eat them.

15. I have no problem listening to one song on repeat for a couple of hours if I really like it. That goes along with my obsessive personality.

16. I hate drama, but for some reason I seem to be a magnet for it. It never directly involves me, but it effects me constantly.

17. I miss living somewhere with a yard. When I lived at home I would lay out in my front yard at night, stargaze, and listen to Frank Sinatra on my iPod.

18. I am incredibly shy when I'm first introduced to anyone who is my peer. I don't have this problem with adults. I can carry on a long conversation with an adult I've just met but seem to have major trouble doing this with someone my own age.

19. I still don't know when I should use affect or effect. It's frustrating, but not enough for me to look it up.

20. I love science and I wish I had the drive to understand it more. Physics is my favorite branch of science, but only on a conceptual level. The math involved kicks my ass.

21. When I was little I wanted to be an astronaut. I told this to my kindergarten teacher and she told me that I should think of something to be someday that a girl can be. Then I didn't want to be an astronaut anymore.

22. My favorite feature on myself is definitely my eyes.

23. Up until about a year ago I said I hated kids and I never wanted to have any of my own. Since then I've decided that I don't actually hate kids, I just have a problem relating to them. I'm incredibly awkward around children - according to my friends, it's quite comical for anyone who's watching. Oh, and now I want kids. Probably two. One will be a boy named Ianto. It means Gift of God, and it's Welsh. And it sounds fucking cool.

24. If I don't get enough sleep I feel stretched the next day. I can't explain it any better than that - my skin just feels stretched over my bones, like I'm not real.

25. I would rather be cold than hot any day. I very much enjoy bundling up or cuddling up with a blanket (or a person?). Summer heat is not my cup of tea.

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

yikes, with the exeption of two or three things, it's like reading about myself
    that was rather scary actually, but interesting
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

only because SJ started this thread.

1. i am a very lazy person.

2. purple and blue are my favorite colours.

3. i have worked, during my lifetime (in no particular order) for or in:
    • a drycleaner
    • a yogurt/deli shop
    • a "convenience" store located in a downtown mini-mall
    • a college's kitchen (for a week)
    • a college's music department
    • a college's radio station
    • a college's office of admission
    • an adult probation department
    • the disney store
    • a store selling original, handmade art by ohio artisans (including everything from jewelry to sculpture)
    • a law school's library
    • a common pleas court judge
    • a non-profit organization representing abused and neglected children
    paradoxically, because i am an easily bored person some of these jobs were at the same time.

4. i will read almost anything put in front of me. when i was little and wasn't allowed to have books at the table i would get in trouble for reading the cereal box.

5. i have very eclectic taste in music. i love opera as much as i love tori amos. and i am learning to appreciate some country music.

6. i believe in magic. not magic like on tv or in the movies but real magic.

7. i am almost pathologically fascinated by the numbers 7 and 17.

8. i collected winnie the pooh things for years and then one day suddenly stopped. i don't know why. now they are all boxed up in the spare room. i was a very discerning collector, with a very keen eye for detail. some of my pieces are extremely valuable. i just don't seem to care about them any longer.

9. i love my welsh corgi more than some people love their children. it doesn't bother me that i love my corgi this much; it bothers me that some people don't love their children this much.

10. i cried for hours when i finished reading the dark tower series.

11. i don't care what anyone says, peas are a vegetable.

12. orange flavored food, drink, or candies make me vomit.

13. diet coke makes me vomit (actually, so does regular coke).

14. this is a multiple of seven and therefore a number of power.

15. i loathe mirrors with every fiber of my being.

16. my husband had winnie the pooh propose to me back in 1996.

17. this is a number of power.

18. i love my god daughter more than i could ever explain with words.

19. i think twilight is the stupidest concept ever and if one more person talks to me about it, or i see one more piece of facebook flair about it, i might just have to kill someone. seriously.

20. i am severely allergic to latex.

21. i am probably the biggest bitch you will ever meet in your life. i'm not just saying that either. trust me, i know myself well enough to know that i am a complete and total bitch.

22. i am a very persnickety eater.

23. i think christopher eccelston is the best doctor ever but i like david tennant now as well.

24. i can't believe i just watched firefly by joss whedon. wtf took me so long?

25. i am completely addicted to starbucks hot chocolate and my ipod.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I want to do this, but I'm having a hard time coming up with 25 interesting facts about myself.

I managed it.

1. I used to be extremely shy, online and offline. Now I'm only semi-shy offline. I don't know what happened, haha.

2. Like many people (apparently), I also get obsessed with a song and will play it on repeat for hours.

3. I have thousands of songs on my iPod, but will always end up listening to the same playlist of 400 songs or so. I do the same thing with books - reread and reread the same favorites, while sadly ignoring the others on my shelves.

4. I live in Vegas and hate to gamble.

5. I have never ever done drugs and I rarely drink. I never felt the need for drugs, and having an alcoholic father has kept me off of the hard drinking. I might have two beers a night, maybe. I usually keep it to one.

6. I used to play the clarinet. I was a total band geek - marching band, pep band, jazz band, winds and percussion. I did it all, and I loved it.

7. I actually enjoyed high school.

8. People are always surprised when they find out I like metal and hard rock music.

9. I was born with a dysplastic hip.

10. I am the un-pickiest eater I have ever known. My family on my mom's side has a couple of gourmet cooks, and her family used to host foreign exchange students every year. They asked the students to cook one traditional meal for them every time, and grew rather worldly in their palates that way. I guess it passed on to me.

11. This is my favorite number. It was my jersey number during my best year of youth soccer, and it's stuck around ever since. It is also my best friend's favorite number because it was his soccer jersey number ever since he was a kid. Creepy.

12. I have moved 13 times and have attended ten different schools.

13. I have actually looked ahead in the calendar and found out that there are two Friday the 13ths in a row this year - February and March. Yes, I look for Friday the 13ths ahead of time every year. No, I am not superstitious...

14. ...unless it comes to baseball. I do have many little baseball rituals and superstitions. Also, in case you haven't noticed over the past couple years, I am a huge Minnesota Twins fan.

15. If I could afford the classes, I would learn to become a graphic designer.

16. I envy people who can whistle well and roll their R's.

17. Raphael was my favorite Ninja Turtle. I always love the smartasses the most in any book, show, or movie.

18. I still have a baby tooth in my head. It shows no sign of ever letting go, either.

19. I have a heart-shaped birthmark on my left hand, and one that echoes it on my left foot.

20. I used to be a survey whore on MySpace.

21. Like SJ, I wanted to be an astronaut when I was a kid. Unlike her, however, I would still do it if I was physically able to. I was planning on joining the Air Force en route to NASA until the ankylosing spondylitis showed up and effectively shut that idea down. I still hope to make it to the moon someday on a commercial flight or something, as I believe we might reach that stage sometime before I die. (Also, much like Pete in Dreamcatcher, the math would have kicked my ass, so I probably wouldn't have made it into NASA anyway. Oh, well.)

22. I am one of those annoying people who wants to resolve every conflict, who wants everyone to like them, and is kinda boring because of it. It's very hard for me to be opinionated or bitchy, and I actually don't like that about myself. Yeah, sure, I'm nice, but I also feel like I'm wishy-washy. Meh.

23. I used to be really good at drawing. I don't know what happened. I guess I fell out of practice.

24. I am learning American Sign Language, because it has always fascinated me.

25. I always use full sentences and proper punctuation and spelling in text messages. I have always done this, even before I had a full Qwerty keyboard on my phone.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=65311076140

In all seriousness, don't feel obligated to respond to this with anything-including derogatory statements and vile epithets-unless you want to. That being said, if you decide to write one of these-you conformist sheep, you-I'll in all likelihood read, and respond to it.

Now that the prefatory remarks are out the way, here goes:

1. I used to own a pet snake-my only real pet-but it escaped after biting me repeatedly. It's probably meandering its way through the NYC sewer system as we speak.
    2. I have a deviated septum
    3. One of my first job interviews out of college-when I still harbored illusions of becoming a journalist-was with the managing editor of the New York Press. This was the period between the New York Press being a readable tabloid-broadsheet hybrid, and turning into a total rag, which isn't worth the paper it's printed upon. Showed up in a three piece suit, only to be interviewed by someone who looked like he had been following the Grateful Dead on tour for the past year, and who had never heard of Eric Breindel, despite the fact that he was the managing editor of a purported newspaper. Things went down hill from the there. I did get to meet Jim Knipfel though so it wasn't a total loss.
    4. Riffing on Teresa's theme, I was actually pretty good at math until around the eighth grade or so when I encountered quadratic equations for the first time in my life. Again, things got progressively worse from that point on.
    5. I won a silver medal, magna cum laude, in the National Latin Exam during my sophomore year of high school.
    6. I made a brief appearance in a documentary about the 2004 election, and people in New York City who were involved in the 2004 election, which premiered at my favorite movie house, Anthology Film Archives. You can probably order it on Netflix.
    7. I currently own more than three hundred books, although I'm always adding or subtracting volumes that I either don't need or want to add to my personal library.
    8. I still have hundreds of magazines-including the infamous Sports Illustrated cover of O.J. Simpson the day of his arraignment in his first criminal trial in 1995.
    9. Have never broken a bone, although I have many scars.
    10. I'm a blood and platelet donor.
    11. I briefly worked as an elections inspector during the 2004 election, which I wouldn't suggest to anyone unless that person is already a complete and utter misanthrope.
    12. I do take photos of interesting people/places/things I spot when I'm out in public, most of them with my cell phone. My apologies to Congressman King.
    13. I worked in a storage locker in Caesar's Bay for two months during the dead of Winter with no heater, and it was not as pleasant as it sounds.
    14. I don't currently have a weblog, sorry.
    15. I've rooted, mostly in vain, for the Buffalo Bills since 1992.
    16. I'm currently writing this on a Mac, which I'm using as my primary computer for the first time in my life.
    17. #15, only substitute "New York Knicks" for "Buffalo Bills."
    18. I love playing chess, but have only played sporadically-and mostly online-over the past few years.
    19. I also love playing basketball, which-unfortunately-I've also not been able to play too often since college.
    20. I own, with a few notable exceptions, nearly every book written by Stephen King up to the final, eponymous volume of The Dark Tower. I've not purchased a single book he's written since that novel was released.
    21. I watched Los Lobos perform as part of the Summer concert series held at the WTC, sometime in 1999 or the year 2000.
    22. I wanted to be a paleontologist for a few years when I was still in elementary school. The urge passed.
    23. I have double jointed fingers. Don't ask me why.
    24. I auditioned unsuccessfully for The Weakest Link when its American edition premiered. Apparently, I'm not good at answering trivia questions.
    25. The best musical I've seen recently was, believe it or not, the Broadway musical starring Bob Saget.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    25. I always use full sentences and proper punctuation and spelling in text messages. I have always done this, even before I had a full Qwerty keyboard on my phone.
    ALWAYS.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    ALWAYS.
    ditto

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice inertia1215 is on a distinguished road inertia1215's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default 25 things

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...887390&index=0

1. I have fractured all 5 of my lumbar vertebrae

2. I have broken my right hand at least 3 times.

3. 6ish Concussions

4. and after all those stupid injuries, I still love to do crazy things.

5. i've cut my own hair for a long time now.

6. I am a OCD collector, of many different things.

7. I love growing plants!! I have bamboo, a passion flower vine (3 years old now), aloe, and am about to start all my veggies(lettuce,beans,peppers) & scarlet begonias! I pretty much have an entire room for plants.

8. I have had Leopard geckos since I was 14. I have 2 now.

9. I had braces for 8 years, and they are still not straight.

10. I have 2 tattoos & 4 piercings.

11. hockey is my favorite sport in the world.

12. I have played trumpet on and off for 10 years.

13. I have a 24 yr. old bro, and a 8 yr. old sis.

14. I love photography, and am always taking pictures.

15. This is my favorite number.

16. I have slept in my car, and driven thousands of miles, to see live music.

17. I have skied and snowboarded since I was 6.

18. My car is my "comfort zone" there are few other places I feel more comfortable.

19. I am Canadian. and love Maple syrup and bacon

20. I pretty much play only 2 videos games ever. Mario Party, and NHL 2K7.

21. I am always reading at least 2 books.

22. I read ancient warfare history books for fun.

23. I own a 2 ft snake that will grow about 3 feet just this year.

24. I work overnight. and I love it. Get out of work at 9 am, and start my day.

25. I love animals WAY MORE than people.
    In a book,in a box,high upon a shelf
    In a locked a guarded vault
    Are things I keep only for myself
    Its your fate,but its not your fault

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ALWAYS.
    ditto
    Same here.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ALWAYS.
    ditto
    Same here.
    ABSOLUTELY!!!

My 25:

1. I am a second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
    2. I have two Bachelor's Degrees, one in English and one in Accounting.
    3. I smoked for 10 years.
    4. I did not know I had a middle name until I was 15 years old.
    5. I hate political correctness.
    6. I took guitar lessons for 3 years and still can't play worth a damn.
    7. I've known I didn't want children since I was 12 years old.
    8. My favorite all-time cheesy movie is Flash Gordon.
    9. I had a massive crush on Leif Garrett when I was a teen. (Yeah, I know.)
    10. I can drive a stick-shift.
    11. I tried to snowboard once and almost ripped my arm out of the socket.
    12. I color my hair.
    13. I went to Catholic school for 8 years.
    14. I have a Dean Martini party every year to celebrate Dean Martin's birthday.
    15. I was married for a little over two years before I was widowed.
    16. I can speak and read some German and a little Spanish.
    17. I am addicted to the TV show House.
    18. I leave the TV on even when I'm not watching it, because I like the background noise.
    19. I am an agnostic bordering on atheist.
    20. I am a Libertarian.
    21. I have 4 tattoos.
    22. I am a complete and total caffeine addict.
    23. I grew up in Saginaw, MI and have no desire to live there ever again.
    24. I live in Colorado, but refuse to camp or ski.
    25. My dream home is a downtown loft.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Well Let's see if i have the attention span to do this

1. I don't like my true name online. Seriously, not even on places like myspace. It's not that i don't trust you people, it's that i don't trust THEM people (spammers, and basically the rest of the internet). One day i will probably reveal my name here. but maybe not.

2. The First King book I read was Cujo

3. There are people here that i consider closer than some of my family. (that's not that creepy, since I would consider a tree stump closer to me than some family members)

4. My favorite drinks are cranberry juice, Eggnog, and mountain dew (no, Turtlesong, NOT mixed together!)

5.ever since i was attacked by a swarm of bees when i was 6 or 7, I have a strong aversion to bees (not scared, i just run like hell)

6. I once had a nightmare about Cheney

7. The first I ever found myself addicted to was Phantasy Star Online. After that i found Doctor Who in 2005, and finished the Dark Tower series in 2007

8. I have a stuffed tiger cub named Baby Tiger, which I've had for about 12 years now. He lives on my computer monitor now, and i talk to him still

9. I think that some people "just had it coming"

10. I think that Picard is superior to Kirk, but Data is the awesome.

11. The first story i tried to write on my own was when i was 6. Maxanimals was a bunch of short stories based around a bunch of stuffed animals i have. I don;t recall finishing a single one of the stories. I don't have them any more.

12. Sometimes it's impossible to come near me if i don't now you, unless you have a death wish. other times I try to be friendly to the point that it's creepy

13. I've lived my entire life in Flint, Michigan (except for about 3 months in Bridgeport)

14. I don't like rap music

14. I'm usually non-violent (not a pacifist, and not ANTI-Violence, I just usually don't take and argument to the point of using my fists. I can usually take down somebod without removeing body parts)

16. Putting the previous three together, i was once jumped by a three kids in the 4th grade because i don't like rap music. I ended up pinned to the ground, but before they could actually do anything, i grabbed a stick from the ground and jammed it into the one on top of me's ear. they retreated. I never saw them again. you think something liek that would be traumatic, but nope.

17. turtlesong likes this powerful number

18. I've taken German Classes for three years. I still suck

19. contrary to many people, I don't like foods like McDonalds, and the reason that we eat many unhealthy foods, is because health foods are so damn expensive. I love fruit.

20.this is Sparta. You may not think so, but it is. seriously.

21. i made my own wallet. out of duct tape. I love duct tape.

22. My computer's name is EBOS, which is an acronym meaning "Electronic Box of Shit"

23. I don't like throwing away books. My mum says that i would have plenty of rooms on my booshelf if i threw books I've already read away. But to me, that just sounds stupid.

24. I'm almost done! just one more, and....oooh kitteh. I love my kittehs. and my dog. His name is Axl Rose, but i didnt name him. so don't look at me like that. like what? like i just assassinated a hamster god. speaking of assassins, did you know that William Shakespeare invented the words Assassin and bump? Bump, as in bump a thread. If you bump a thread that has had no new posts for a long time it's called necroposting. I'm a necroposter. in fact I'm the Necropost Lord. I wonder if that has anything to do with the necromonicon. you know, that book my te mad arab dude. it's fisctional, and goes along with the Cthlhu mythos, btu few peopel actually know that. they think it's a real book, and it has actually been written and published many times. time. time is strange. and complicated. not like some peopel think it is. you see, people assume time s a strict progression of cause to effect when in fact from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more liek a big ball of wibbley-wobbley...timey-wimey...stuff. that's a quote by the doctor. doctor? Doctor Who? exactly. you knwo a fun episode of doctor who? that one with the hospital, and boe, and the cat people...ooh, kittehs. where's my kitteh., i like my kitteh. He's nice. I have to kittehs. one is named Ramu. I call him Van Hellspawn, cuz he's practically the fucking Devil. the other is sonny. or Sonneh. he stinks sometimes, but he's a good kitteh.
    kittehs...

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

OoooOOOoooo let me try.

1. I listen to literally all types of music. Some people say that, and don't mean it...I have French folk songs on my iPod next to Kenny Chesney and Bad Religion.

2. Even with number one--I get recognized as a punk rocker by people I don't even know, even though I stopped "dressing the part" not long after high school. It's gotta be something with the way I style my hair, or some punk-dar people have.

3. I *love* *love* *love* Iron Man, and not just because I have a huge crush on Robert Downey Jr.

4. I love to dance, but hate going to clubs.

5. I consider hole-in-the-wall bars a hobby, even though I don't really drink that often.

6. I jsut learned that I live about 40 minutes away from a Satanist worship site. This both scares me and piques my interest to the point of me begging my beau to take me there (during the day).

7. My dream car is a 1969 Mach 1 Mustang. It has been this way since I was about 12.

8. I write fiction, and when I am working on the story I am almost constantly running dialouge between characters & situations in my head...sometimes eve nwhen I am involved in conversation with "real" people.

9. I got married when I was 21 and my divorce was finalized 2 yrs later...people always ask me if I regret marrying that guy, but in reality I'm really glad it happened that way. I learned A LOT about life, love & relationships, and I also learned that you can't "help" someone who doesn't want it.

10. You wouldn't know it looking at me--but I am a HUGE geek. It took me years to finally admit it to myself, but now it's almost freeing. When I ran a Doctor Who meetup my non-geek friends (and some of my geeky freinds) referred to me as "Queen of the Geeks" because I was one of two girls in the group who weren't mortifyingly shy, and the other one was married.

11. I am very, very vain. I don't criticize people or judge them based on their looks, but I am very proud of mine, and work very hard to keep it that way.

12. I would love to say that designer labels don't mean shit to me--but I have a collection (small) of designer purses, including one from Prada (probably worth what I paid for my truck). And I go nuts for anything designer cheap (except Juicy Couture--I just don't get it).

13. My beau spoils me fucking rotten. I get pretty much whatever I want--and a lot of things I would have never thought to ask for. Luckily for him I am always grateful.

14. I love to cook & bake--but if it's just me--I won't. I like to share what I make.

15. I'm a multitasker. I can't do audio books for this reason, I start doing something else or thinking about other things & get totally lost. This is good for work though.

16. I am a really, really bad procrastinator. To the point of getting into serious trouble over things.

17. I love my iPod touch so much that I really cannot imagine life without it--and think if I had the full iPhone my head would explode.

18. I love coffee. And espresso. It's definitely gotten to the point of headaches if I don't have any...but I have no intention of cutting back. It's going to SUCK when I get pregnant.

19. I have always been a dog person, but now I have two cats that I love like children. Probably still getting a dog soon though, with my Beau leaving for deployment soon & us living near so much weird shit (drugs, satanists, etc.)>

20. I hate living alone. I suck at it. If I don't have any one to answer to, I pretty much come in to drop shit off & leave, or I find a spot to be in & stay there.

21. Folding laundry is my kryptonite.

22. I would eat black beans every single day and be totally happy with it. Esp with corn.

23. I'm blonde again. I dye my hair almost compulsively, and this is the first I've been blonde in over a year.

24. Even though my beau has a british accent & I hear it all the time, it still makes my knees weak when I hear someone with an English accent. Queen's English or Cockney--I love it.

25. I'm secretly hoping my beau's secondary billet will be the duty station in Holland. It would suck because that would be around the time we're planning to start having children & my mom wouldn't be around--but I'd love to live in Holland, and we'd be close to London.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

OK I'll give it a go!

1. I found out I have a half brother when I was 40 yrs old - he would have been 30 at the time - we have never met!

2. I spent 12 years in the United States Marine Corps; 6 enlisted achieving the rank of SSGT and 6 as an officer achieving the rank of Captain.

3. I have two college degrees; a BS in Electrical Engineering (Univ. of Kansas)I earned when I was 29 yrs old and a MS in Computer Science (Univ of Southern Mississippi) when I was 50 years old.

4. I have survived a Helicopter crash not once but twice in my lifetime; once in an apple orchard near Bogue Field North Carolina and once on the Island of Molaki in Hawaii. I have no desire to fly in one again! Planes are still OK!

5. I am published (and got paid for it) - My Dark Tower poem CAN' Ka No Rey was published in Lighthouse VI (a special Stephen King edition) - it is over 2,200 words long and if you think about the tune to Bye Bye Miss American Pie you can sing my poem! It is saved hear at the darktower dot com!

6. I have 4 children; my oldest (erin) has her Masters in Teaching and is a high school teacher and will be getting married on July 4th this year; the next (kara) graduates with a bachelor's degree in May and starts graduate school a week later! I have twin sons (brett and bryan) that are 19 years old - one attends VA Tech and the other George Mason Univ.

7. I love inane comedy such as The Three Stooges, Gilligan's Island, Get Smart, The Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, Petticoat Junction, ...

8. I have been married twice - the first time for about a year when I was 19 and she was 17 - Stupid, Stupid, Stupid; the second time when I was 29 and have been with my lovely wife Terri ever since - past 26 years now. By the way I knew my current wife for 8 years before we started dating! My children do not know about the First! My Mother-in-Laws does know - in fact she once told my current wife, I never want to see than boy and his wife here again - we were at a pool party - Funny now I am married to Terri and my MIL does not remember saying that! :-)

9. I only need two books to consider my King collection complete - just 1st Editions; the S/Ls, etc are just a bonus to me - those two are Salem's Lot and The Gunslinger

10. When I was 12 I stepped on a Yellow Jackets nest and had over 100 stingers removed at the Dr Office - the doctor told me that if I had been allergic I would have most likely died within minutes of the event!

11. The most recurring dream that I have is where I tend to be flying just feet above the ground!

12. I am pretty conservative and have a pretty conservative haircut; once I had long hair like down to my elbows. I let my sister cut it all off the day before I went into the Marine Corps - no way was I showing up looking like a hippie!

13. My dream car is a 1968 Chevy Camaro 327 cubic inch 4-speed convertible that is Candy Apple Red.

14. When I joined SKEMERs in 1994 they had less than 100 members!

15. I have met Stephen King three times; Rock Bottom Remainders performance in Washington DC where I had a special pass; the Bag of Bones signing in Bett's (the old location) Bookstore in Bangor Maine; at the Three Kings Reading and Booksigning in DC!

16. My IQ is 152; I love trivia, word games; Sudoku, crossword puzzles, logic problems, ...

17. The first time I drove a motorcycle was very memorable; I was drunk, it was a chopped Harley Davidson 1200, I had a passenger on the back (the owner), and I crashed it through a double paned sliding glass door!!!!!

18. I have been a New York Yankee fan since 1958; I used to have all the baseball cards back then but somewhere along the way they got tossed; probably most got pinned to the spokes of my bikes with clothespins - wish I had those Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris cards back now!

19. I once drove 1,450 miles non-stop in a little more than 19 hours; then slept for a day and a half after getting to my destination!

20. When I was in the Marine Corps I was a Rifle and Pistol Expert every time I qualified; I once shot a 247 out of a total 250 points on the rifle range achieving the best score in the Battalion; I have also shot a LAW (think bazooka), a 50 Cal Machine Gun, an M79 Grenade launcher and played with C4 (plastic explosives). I have not shot a weapon since leaving the Marine Corps more than 23 years ago!

21. Two close friends of mine (a 39 yr old Mom and her 19 yr old son) were murdered a week before Christmas last year. I think of them often.

22. My Maternal Grandmother was the 23rd of 25 children; all from the same father!

23. I was arrested when I was 21 years old for buying booze for minors. The actual charge was Unlawfully Dealing with a Child! Sounds awful doesn't it! Remember I was a hippie back then and the local police were trying to put me away! There is no record of this arrest - my Grandfather was close friends with the Chief of Police and somehow my record disappeared before I went into the Marine Corps! Thanks Gramp!!!!!!!!!

24. Before I die I want to Ride in a Hot Air Balloon, visit Ireland, be a Grandpa, publish a Novel, retire to a life of leisure. I'll skip the bungy jumping and skydiving!

25. I scored a perfect 800 on the Math SATs and at the same time got a 690 on the English test; my combined score was 1,490 - enough to get me accepted into MIT; unfortunately it was not meant to be; all I have from MIT is the acceptance letter!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

#24 - I can definitely recommend the first two.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Ok.....Here I go:
    1. I HATE cheese

2. I collect a lot of things (books, cd's, knives, guitars, dead bodies, etc.)

3. I fell off my bike a few months ago trying to hold on to the back of my buddy's dirt bike, which resulted in 14 stitches....and now my neck always cracks.

4. I've been known to sit alone and do nothing for hours...

5. I love playing the guitar, and I am told that I am quite good.

6. My top 3 bands are: The gorillaz, The Doors, and Dragonforce

7. This summer my dad found 6 empty beer cans under my bed. And yet I do not remember drinking them...

8. I just recently saw 300 for the first time... it was ok.

9. I cannot decide who I am a bigger fan of: EA Poe, or Stephen King!

10. I am on the "Wall of Fame" at my high school because I am able to bench the required 220 lbs in order to play varsity football...and im in 9th.

11. I cannot wait for high school to over. My dad says "its the time of your life!". Bull...Shit! Nobody at my school enjoys reading.......therefore I do not get along with them!

12. I have read the Odyssey 7 times.

13. I have read the Hobbit 4 times.

14. From the ages of 9 to 14 I was a Star Wars FREAK, but now I cant stand it!

15. I'm most likely addicted to caffeine.

16. I'm starting to enjoy HP Lovecraft more and more.

17. My dream is to become an author...and open my own bookstore.

18. I love zombies...

19. I think The Tommyknockers is SK's best work.

20. I own 3 sets of The Lord of the Rings.

21. I am scared of rollercoasters.

22. I dont have any pets...but I want a dog.

23. After I finished the DT series, I acually felt... empty inside.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

William50, isn't it 25 Random Things? You're short 2!
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

1. I have never broken a bone in my body. At least that I know of. My dad accidentally stepped on my foot when I was about 13 and two this day it's still crooked.

2. I stepped on a metal rake barefoot once and it went nearly all the way through my foot.

3. In the past two years I've nearly doubled the amount of states I've visited in my life. I went from 7 to 13.

4. I've never been on a plane.

5. I've been married to my wife for 10 years in August but we've been "together" for 16 years. I was a junior in HS and she was a sophmore.

6. My wife and I went to three different proms together but only managed 1 homecoming.

7. My two oldest daughters were bridesmaids in our wedding. They were 2 of 7.

8. I've never been in a real "fight" per se but I did tackle a kid on concrete one time when he stole my hat. He left me alone after that.

9. I bowled a 300 game when I was 16 but never got a ring for it because I was still considered a youth bowler.

10. I have never seen the ocean.

11. I'm an only child but I do have a step-brother that I rarely see.

11. I've known my best friend since second grade. About 25 years. He's the closest thing to a brother I have.

13. I have an uncle that is exactly 363 days older than me. We graduated high school together.

14. I have finished GTV San Andreas 100% with no cheats 3 times.

15. I sold my entire GI Joe collection from the 80's piece by piece on Ebay. Made enough money to take my family on vacation.

16. I've never had to sell a car in my life. I've always accidentally totaled them first.

17. I don't like beer.

18. I've never been drunk.

19. I'm a huge choco-holic but don't really like chocolate-flavored cereal.

20. I'll be 42 when my youngest daughter graduates high school.

21. Although I've had plenty of part-time retail jobs, I've only had one "real" job/career in my life.

22. When I was born I had 6 grandparents. 2 paternal grandmothers, 2 paternal grandfathers and 2 "legal" grandmothers. My 2 paternal grandmother were single and my 2 paternal grandfathers had re-married.

23. When my first 2 kids were born they had a combination of 10 grandparents and great-grandparents.

24. I have lived in the Rockford area my entire life.

25. 90% of my clothes are black.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

This is so cool I'm learning so much about you all I didn't know! Thanks for the thread SJ!

Ha, I thought it would be cool.
    I'm just glad it's taking off!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    William50, isn't it 25 Random Things? You're short 2!
    23 is one of my lucky numbers. 24 and 25 are bad!

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

1. I had written 25 things, plus another 25 copied from the other lists in this thread.

2. I accidentaly clicked "back" on my browser.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

awe. sadness.

You'll have to start over

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

not now, it took me forever to pick the 25 things I said, and it was difficult to "open up".
    Guess it was a sign or something

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

post-tease!

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Lets try this again, without the random back-clicking this time.

1. I'm NOT a peoples person. I've got very few close relations and even less "distant friends". This is largely connected to point number 2.

2. I've got social phobia. Not the kind where people freak out in public and crawls into a ball shaking, but the kind that would rather stay at home than going out to do stuff. (Unless I HAVE to do it, like work) Being a slight misanthrope doesn't help either.

3. My job also acts like therapy for this, since I have to be in contact with people and be nice to them. (no problem being nice)

4. I'm in fact too nice, according to many people and myself. I've tried being less nice, but that wasn't me at all.

5. I don't drink coffee, because I don't see why I should force myself to like something that tastes like crap just because I'm a grown-up (O discordia) and it's the "normal" thing to do.

6. I write "I" way too much. That's a habit that is hard to break.

7. I try to write, and want to write, but the words in my head don't seem to want being written.

8. A lyric written by me has been sung, recorded and published. I didn't make money doing it.

9. I'm definitely an ideas person. I sometimes have a hard time following through... (stolen from OP)

10. Epilepsy caused me to "black out" during classes in school when I was a kid, and I still don't have a "proper" education, largely because of this.

11. Despite the "depressing" points so far, I'm quite happy with my life and rarely complain, or feel I have a reason to do so.

12. Two years ago I thought I'd never get a job, and if I did I wouldn't be able to keep it because of motivational problems. Now I've had the same job for 1 year and 3 months without "calling in sick" a single day.

13. I've got 0 (zero) social skills, hence my extended use of the internet.

14. The best game I've ever played is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, on N64.

15. I love dogs, and connect to them very easily. I've gotten to know many dogs, that supposedly have been afraid of strangers, and become "close" to them with no problem.

16. The same can also be said about kids, although to a lesser degree.

17. I'm very passionate, but only about very few things at a time. I can spend all my time on these things and then burn out after a while. Then I can't even stand the thought of whatever I was passionate about for a long long time. This is why I suddently dissapeared from this site a while back

18. I'm starting to think my patience has no limits, and that worries me.

19. I love science and I wish I had the drive to understand it more. Physics is my favorite branch of science, but only on a conceptual level. The math involved kicks my ass. (also copied from OP)

20. Right now I'm talking to a slightly disturbed looking guest who's been laid off. and it's the middle of the night. Let's hope he's not a psycho. (even though he definately looks like one)

21. I think I flirted with a guest for the first time today, it felt good.

22. I am incredibly shy when I'm first introduced to anyone who is my peer. I don't have this problem with adults. I can carry on a long conversation with an adult I've just met but seem to have major trouble doing this with someone my own age. (also copied from OP)

23. I want to work in a bookstore or a library

24. I've tried smoking once, when I was 9 and my mother gave in after I pestered her to let me try. She told me to take a deep breath and really inhale. I did. Haven't smoked since.

25. I once had a bunny called Tamlin, named after a demon in The Legend of the Ice People.

*phew*

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast