Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 954 of 972 FirstFirst ... 454 854 904 944 952 953 954 955 956 964 ... LastLast
Results 23,826 to 23,850 of 24289

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Six years ago, my wife rescued a terrier mutt breed puppy. In reality, the dog (Belle) rescued my wife who was going through a very difficult time in her life.
    Early this morning, for unknown reasons, Belle died. The lack of logic or a reason as to the death is making things very difficult to take. My wife and I are devastated.

R.I.P.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear of your loss, R.F. As a life-long dog owner, it never gets easy. Thoughts with you and yours.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I would be devastated too, poor Belle!
    For this reason, despite all logic, I believe all dogs do go to Heaven.
    Jerome, you and your wife have my deepest sympathies.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OH MY... this is so sad. I AM SORRY RF
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Six years ago, my wife rescued a terrier mutt breed puppy. In reality, the dog (Belle) rescued my wife who was going through a very difficult time in her life.
    Early this morning, for unknown reasons, Belle died. The lack of logic or a reason as to the death is making things very difficult to take. My wife and I are devastated.

R.I.P.

So sorry to hear, Jerome! All my sympathies...

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry about Belle! She was a cutie!
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear that sir. Pets are our family and a loss is never easy. Thinking of you and your wife on this sad day.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Mr. Lucky and I send our condolences for your loss.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very sorry you lost your family pet Jerome.

R.I.P.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The cruelty of all this is that 35 years ago...10/19/1987
    My wife and I had a 2 month old daughter die of SIDS.

October has been a cruel month for us.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Damn!

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A terrible tragedy Jerome. From one father to another I'm so very sorry for you and your wife. 35 years or 35 minutes...
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I'm very sorry, Jerome. I cannot imagine such a loss.

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Sorry for your past loss to sids. My sister lost two children to the same thing. Also sad for Belle who was a much loved member of the family.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So sorry about your losses Jerome
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

This news is terrible, Jerome. I'm so sorry for you and your wife's losses.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick's Avatar

Very sorry for your loss, RF

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beyond tragic.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear that, Jerome. Thoughts are with you, buddy.

I haven’t posted for a long time. As some of you know, my brother John passed away aged 59 a couple years back. Barely a year later his oldest son (my first born nephew) who was 39, passed away too. It’s been very painful for the family, especially my elderly parents who are both thankfully still with us but have lost their son and grandson. My brother was my best friend. I also worked with him so spent lots of time with him. Ditto with Marc my nephew. I haven’t ben up to doing much of anything in the past 18 months, including collecting or posting online, but I’m just home from from a nice family holiday in the USA and I feel like I’m beginning to get there again so thought I’d pop in and say hi to my friends on here whom I have missed.

Real life can be really, really shit, eh?
    Missed you fine folks.

Country
    Country Flag

Nice to see you posting.

Sad to hear about the shit side of life.

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry for your loss, Jerome

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear Jerome.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you to everyone for their kind thoughts. It really has helped me during this tough time.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Saw a Youtube video discussing which is better. Halloween as an adult or Halloween as a kid?

For me Halloween as a kid was better and it’s not even close.

Not even just Halloween night where we were allowed to go out with our friends at night, dressed up in a costume we had spent weeks if not months thinking about and preparing, knocking on random strangers doors and obtaining copious amounts of candy.

If it fell on a school day it was fun because we used to be able to wear our costumes to school. When I was in grade school they even had a parade where we all got to go outside in our costumes and see what everyone else was wearing. I’m pretty sure the schools in our district stopped having any kind of holiday parties/celebrations when my youngest was in grade school.

I loved going to the stores and browsing through all the decorations and costumes. I loved going to our local Pumpkin Patch and Apple Orchard and picking out the perfect pumpkin to take home and carve out. The Pumpkin Patch always had an amazing array of Halloween masks and other costumes. Spencer’s did as well. The Apple Orchard always had a corn maze and a playground and the best apple cider donuts I’ve ever eaten.

I loved getting all the decorations out of storage and putting them up all over the house.

My birthday is 10 days before Halloween so we would always get a group of my friends and family and visit all the haunted houses in town before coming home for cake and presents.

Then TV specials like Charlie Brown or Garfield. Even the TV sitcoms that did Halloween episodes like Rosanne or Home Improvement. Plus all the general horror movies that were out. Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm St., etc…

As an adult Halloween is still fun but not nearly what it used to be. It’s more work now. Getting the decorations out seems more like a chore now. My kids are too old to go out trick-or-treating now so I can’t even relive my memories through them anymore.

The Pumpkin Patch is a shell of what it used to be and there are barely any haunted houses in my town any more. I think there may be 2 near me. When I was a kid there was a minimum of 5 every single year.

I haven’t actually bought and carved a pumpkin in years.

I’m not really a bar-goer so dressing up in a costume and going out for a night of drinking isn’t really my thing either.

I still look forward to the TV shows/movies when I can catch them but I’ve usually got so much other stuff going on that I usually miss them.

So for me, it was 1000X better as a kid vs. what it is today.

Honestly, I've been so damn busy lately that I haven't even touched my Halloween decorations at all this year. I've got a million and one things going on with my life and barely seem to have an hour to myself much less an entire day or a weekend. Which would be the amount of time it would take to put it all up.

I'm doubting that we'll even give out candy this year because we have 2 dogs that bark anytime someone comes to the door.

The only way it would happen is if we sit outside in the driveway or something. And I'm not sure it'll be worth sitting in the 50 degree weather for the dozen or so kids that might show up.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I was probably part of the last generation that went door to door here. Afterwards, the town's shops would open up and all the kids in their costumes went through town, store to store, getting candy that way. It is too wild here for going door to door now. I probably did enjoy it more as a kid. I cannot stand the taste of anything sweet now so candy is not a draw. Horror movies are really year round for me but a lot get released around this time. The changing of the seasons is nice for me because even though I've lost 60 lbs in the past year, I still need to lose 40 more and the cold weather is very welcome. I still love decorating and all the little Halloween knick knacks. My parents were married on Halloween. They told me that Halloween wasn't something celebrated back then in this part of the country so they got married on Halloween without knowing it I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 954 of 972 FirstFirst ... 454 854 904 944 952 953 954 955 956 964 ... LastLast