Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 936 of 972 FirstFirst ... 436 836 886 926 934 935 936 937 938 946 ... LastLast
Results 23,376 to 23,400 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I don't remember the last time I used my debit card anywhere besides the ATM at my bank. Use credit card for everything.

Get 3% cashback bonus and if it gets stolen/hacked all it takes is a simple phone call to stop the charges. No money taken out of my bank account.
    Never used a single credit card
    It's not as common in France where people use debit cards, and I am not interesting in it
    The story in that video is exactly why I do. It's just so much safer and there are so many more benefits.
    Never thought of that, but I guess it would makes sense
    In the US it's better to use a credit card even if you don't need to use the credit. The credit card company is on your side in any dispute and will reimburse you for fraudulent charges while banks don't provide that service for debit cards.

For instance, if a person used their debit card to purchase something from Nocturnal Readers Box, near the end of that debacle, they would be on the hook for the money. If they used a credit card, the card company would rule in their favor and reimburse them even if they can't get the money back from NRB.

Also credit cards provide other benefits depending on the card. Early tickets to events, discounts, frequent flyer miles, cash back, etc..
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

CBS' news department just needs to stop and be done away with....

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/sta...44678213976072

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I don't remember the last time I used my debit card anywhere besides the ATM at my bank. Use credit card for everything.

Get 3% cashback bonus and if it gets stolen/hacked all it takes is a simple phone call to stop the charges. No money taken out of my bank account.
    It's not as common in France where people use debit cards, and I am not interesting in it
    The story in that video is exactly why I do. It's just so much safer and there are so many more benefits.
    In the US it's better to use a credit card even if you don't need to use the credit. The credit card company is on your side in any dispute and will reimburse you for fraudulent charges while banks don't provide that service for debit cards.

For instance, if a person used their debit card to purchase something from Nocturnal Readers Box, near the end of that debacle, they would be on the hook for the money. If they used a credit card, the card company would rule in their favor and reimburse them even if they can't get the money back from NRB.

Also credit cards provide other benefits depending on the card. Early tickets to events, discounts, frequent flyer miles, cash back, etc..
    Interesting to know, thanks for sharing. Does that means you can also use a credit card AS a debit card?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting to know, thanks for sharing. Does that means you can also use a credit card AS a debit card?
    No, but you can pay off the credit card monthly to avoid interest charges.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

No, but you can pay off the credit card monthly to avoid interest charges.
    I believe some credit cards will allow to get cash back when you make a purchase though. Similar to a debit card if you need cash for anything.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Yeah some credit cards can be used as debit cards (cash from ATMs etc.) but you aren't drawing from your account, you're borrowing and will have to pay back so it's better just to use a debit card as a debit card and a credit card as a credit card.

I learned something today. Someone asked on Twitter why the letters on a keyboard are arranged the way the are and I had no clue that this was the reason....

"The reason dates back to the time of manual typewriters. When first invented, they had keys arranged in alphabetical order, but people typed so fast that the mechanical character arms got tangled up. So the keys were randomly positioned to actually slow down typing and prevent key jams."

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I learned something today. Someone asked on Twitter why the letters on a keyboard are arranged the way the are and I had no clue that this was the reason....

"The reason dates back to the time of manual typewriters. When first invented, they had keys arranged in alphabetical order, but people typed so fast that the mechanical character arms got tangled up. So the keys were randomly positioned to actually slow down typing and prevent key jams."
    I heard that story many years ago. Turns out that it's only partially true. The modern keyboard is more because of a result of morse code than anything.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-...oard-49863249/
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I just read some disturbing news about one of my favorite actors, Bruce Willis.
    Darn old age all to hell!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

I heard that story many years ago. Turns out that it's only partially true. The modern keyboard is more because of a result of morse code than anything.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-...oard-49863249/
    AHHH, thanks!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I had never heard of aphasia.

As for getting old, It's better than the alternative.

Another deadly school shooting today, this one happened about 20 minutes from where I live.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...sc/7234402001/

Another deadly school shooting today, this one happened about 20 minutes from where I live.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...sc/7234402001/
    One 12 year old boy shot and killed another 12 year old boy pretty much in front of the majority of the students at this school.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Since there isn't a tennis thread...

I know I've said DraftKings and all that gambling crap should not be sponsoring sports. (If so then let Pete Rose in the HOF). But that crazy blonde is now ruining the tennis with those crap commercials. I've played tennis since I was old enough to hold a racquet. Now she's saying bet a dollar and if there is any point is scored in a match - love, 15, 30, 40 win a hundred!! Well idiot - love is not a score. It is zero points. And has a match ever been played without someone scoring a point? No you stupid *@^#%^#(.

I guess P.T. Barnum has never been more correct.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Concerns about Bruce Willis’ declining cognitive state swirled around sets in recent years

Insomnia again, this is awesome.....

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

LOVE IT!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Kudos to Jerome for the entertaining April Fool's Day post. There were literally hundreds of jokes that could have made with the post's content. I'm glad it is now down because I would have reverted to a teenager writing very inappropriate comments. Still, it was funny!

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How not to think about "Finders Keepers"?

'Stolen' Charles Darwin notebooks left on library floor in pink gift bag
    > https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-60980288
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

How not to think about "Finders Keepers"?

'Stolen' Charles Darwin notebooks left on library floor in pink gift bag
    > https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-60980288

Well clearly they don't want to pay for 20+ years of late fees.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

More and more libraries have been eliminating late fees in the past few years. My library system did away with the late fees after the pandemic.

Country
    Country Flag

Sunday is the first of the two-rounds elections in France

On sunday night we'll know who will be the last candidates among a list of 14.
    Mainly, 4 of them seems to be in the lead according to the polls :
    - the current president, definitely a right-wing, so if you're not wealthy and are in some jobs, you'll be fucked
    - two well known racists, facists candidates that supports supporting the russian president
    - the fourth one which have is running for the third time to be president. He's more a left person

Anyway, my point is.... sunday eve may be anxious

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I know one of the know racist (LePen, right?). It's really sad to see who that kind of people have support.
    Good luck, J.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I was supposed to update my Collections page last Sunday. But we took too many pictures and I had to do a lot of editing. Time ran out so my plan was to update things throughout the week. However, when I logged on to my office computer from home (still teleworking) Tuesday morning, there was an e-mail sent to all in the office titled "Sad News." It turned out that one of the analysts who used to work for me suddenly died. She was in good health, only 53 and a very nice person. I am shocked and saddened. RIP, Jacqueline.

John

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Forgot...I will post updates to the Collections page tomorrow.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 936 of 972 FirstFirst ... 436 836 886 926 934 935 936 937 938 946 ... LastLast