Page 93 of 972 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 593 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Me as an insane zombie (or a celebrity with a horrible face lift):

For some reason, this complete reminds me of James Lipton ( from Inside The Actors Studio ) ...

... Okay, time to ask the four things he's famous for :
    • What is your favorite curse word?
    • What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
    • What profession would you not like to do?
    • If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    My dad always likes to say, "You nae have any puddin' till ya eat ya grrrrreens!" in a bad Scottish accent.

My mum always gets tired of hearing that. No wonder: she was born a Scot after all!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I have it on fairly good authority that Oprah's book club announcement is going to be Jonathan Franzen's Freedom. Though the Nelson Mandela bio is getting some interesting feedback as well.

My money is on Franzen.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I don't like Oprah, as she has failed to return any of my emails, letters, or note in a bottle messages. Am I so horrible looking that she won't have sex with me? All I want to do is follow in Dave's footsteps; get her pregnant and be "rich, bitch!" Obviously this is too much to ask.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Sorry, but there's nothing funny here :

Offensive Homophobia

I guess my take on "edgy" is different than other people.

You know and this is probably me, but wouldn't people jump up and down if someone linked something to a racist website? I mean, substitute the words for gay hatred here, with words for racists ( especially if they reflected your own heritage ) and everyone would go off with indignation.

ETA: These are my personal thoughts, of course, and come from my personal perspective and have nothing to do with my being a mod at this site.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just because it's not pc doesn't make it any less funny, nor does finding such material entertaining mean those enjoying the article have any similar views.

It's like how comedians wouldn't have any material at all if they were 100% pc all the time, so they can't make jokes about blacks, gays, ethic groups like gypsies, so whats next they can't make jokes about fat people or people with ginger hair .

Just because they use such material doesn't mean that it is their own personal view, they use such material because they for everyone 1 person they 'offend' there will be ten people sick of being politically correct who will find it amusing.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I recently started a blog!

I think it might interest you guys. I'm more or less going through a bunch of small press books and posting their details, my impressions, etc.

I'll post the occasional review and genre news. Also, I'll post stories/musings from my life in library school.

If you have time, check it out! (Its in my signature).

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

Offensive Homophobia

You know and this is probably me, but wouldn't people jump up and down if someone linked something to a racist website? I mean, substitute the words for gay hatred here, with words for racists ( especially if they reflected your own heritage ) and everyone would go off with indignation.

ETA: These are my personal thoughts, of course, and come from my personal perspective and have nothing to do with my being a mod at this site.
    Pam, the guy answering the hate mail is the website guy. It's hate mail. The way the guy handles it is what's funny. You should read some of his other convos. The one about having pets in the apartment is hilarious, as is the one about his kid's flash drive.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Offensive Homophobia

I actually just read this and I thank you, turtlex, for your compassion and defense. I think it's important that when it comes to any minority, race, religion, sexual identity, etc, it's important that it be tolerated - always. So thank you, again.

With that said, as a homosexual, I found that incredibly funny. For me, it was a great display of power on the part of David Thorne to rise above the blatant lack of education and not a shred of sophistication displayed by this "George Lewis."

Thanks John for the initial posting.

OMFG OMFG

You guys - there is nothing that would bring me more pleasure than for you guys to read this. I have picked myself up off of the floor at least 4 times.

http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html

My Mood
    Breezy

the Cat poster is also one of my favorites.

Lost

it was awesome.

the Cat poster is also one of my favorites.

Lost

it was awesome.
    I'm STILL laughing about it. I had a hard time breathing. Seriously.

My Mood
    Breezy

read the one with the teacher and the flash drive.

The tangents this guy goes on in these emails is literally priceless! lol

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    I recently started a blog as a way to make some extra cash while in school (apparently every time one of the ads gets clicked I get money!)

I think it might interest you guys. I'm more or less going through a bunch of small press books and posting their details, my impressions, etc.

I'll post the occasional review and genre news. Also, I'll post stories/musings from my life in library school.

I checked it out. So far it's pretty good, but I don't think you've reviewed one book I'd want to read. Well, to be fair I haven't read all your posts. I do have a couple Cemetery Dance books. **Edit** never mind, I just realized those 2 posts where all you've done so far. **

Also, your font is hard to read. Maybe it's the dark background. I selected everything so I could read it.

You have an outstanding vocabulary though.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post

The tangents this guy goes on in these emails is literally priceless! lol
    Oh yeah. The one with the cop is funny because the cop refuses to joke around and just shuts him down.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Offensive Homophobia

Pam, I didn't take it that way. I thought the way that the responder make the homophobe look like a complete and total ass was completely hilarious.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    I recently started a blog as a way to make some extra cash while in school (apparently every time one of the ads gets clicked I get money!)

I checked it out. So far it's pretty good, but I don't think you've reviewed one book I'd want to read. Well, to be fair I haven't read all your posts. I do have a couple Cemetery Dance books. **Edit** never mind, I just realized those 2 posts where all you've done so far. **

Also, your font is hard to read. Maybe it's the dark background. I selected everything so I could read it.

You have an outstanding vocabulary though.
    Yah, I just started. Thanks for the note on the font, I adjusted things lightly so it should be easier to read now.

Posted another book today, hopefully it is more up your alley. Or better yet, let me know if theres anything you want to see me discuss!

My Mood
    Breezy

Font is much better, and that book looks good, although it's more than likely out of my price range.

Kinda like a Left Behind book, but with horror.

Country
    Country Flag

Font is much better, and that book looks good, although it's more than likely out of my price range.

Kinda like a Left Behind book, but with horror.
    If you are willing to wait, I'm sure one will show up on eBay cheap. I was wrong about Horror Mall, they only have the lettered edition now. (Although they do have a TPB of his newest novel) Otherwise it looks to be about $45.

My Mood
    Gay

Guys, I understand where you're all coming from. I just don't find it, homophobic humor, funny. No matter if it's someone taking someone else to town for being stupid. I've been on the not-funny end of gay bashing and it's hard to find the humor in it. I think you can all see where I'm coming from and I respect that you think that's funny. Just my opinion, that I don't, that's all. I can't get a laugh from racist humor either. Just my sensibility, I suppose.

My Mood
    Breezy

I'm really sorry, I just didn't see it that way at all. There is gay bashing, but what is funny to me is how the basher gets totally made to look stupid. I wasn't trying to offend anyone at all. If you don't like that one though, try the one Dolan posted, same guy, different scenario. It really IS hilarious.

My Mood
    Gay

We can agree to disagree on this, JB. That's fine.

My Mood
    Breezy

ok.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 972 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 593 ... LastLast