Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 972 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 591 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 24296

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

EP is a 7". It used to be a hit single on one side and a song from the upcoming record or an exclusive song on the flipside.

LP is a 12". It's a full album following the single or the EP.

So basically one is an oversized coaster and the other is a frisbee.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I still have a few '45's', and one or two 33 and 1/3rds. Sold the 78's thirty years ago.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    EP is a 7". It used to be a hit single on one side and a song from the upcoming record or an exclusive song on the flipside.

Actually I've gotta' disagree just a little here. An LP (long-playing) record is an album length recording...and an EP (extended-play) is anything shorter than what one would think of as an LP. Obviously there's a grey area here and either technically can be 7", 10", or 12" or a custom sized or shaped disc though an album length recording is typically a 12" and an a 7" or 10" is typically an EP well, unless it's one of those SP-78rpm(s) Jerome mentioned. Basically if it's not a 78rpm or a 33 and a third rpm than it's an EP though you wouldn't really call a single an EP even if it was a 12" disc....then there are those 45's...

Okay, I'm just confusing matters.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

i still have 3 trunks of LPs and 7" er's - about 1500 total and about 800 45's in another trunk. a few 78 RPM's also.

also have 4 turntables including 2 numark proDJ turntables... those cost about 900.00 a piece when I bought them back in the late 80's.

don't even get me counting cassettes (thousands)...
    at least I got rid of the 8 tracks somewhere in the early 90's.

used to have a lot more 45's, but at some point I used quite a few for target practice after I got my glock 45.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    i still have 3 trunks of LPs and 7" er's - about 1500 total and about 800 45's in another trunk. a few 78 RPM's also.

also have 4 turntables including 2 numark proDJ turntables... those cost about 900.00 a piece when I bought them back in the late 80's.

don't even get me counting cassettes (thousands)...
    at least I got rid of the 8 tracks somewhere in the early 90's.

used to have a lot more 45's, but at some point I used quite a few for target practice after I got my glock 45.

If you need somewhere to store those...

That's a really good sized collection, Terry!

I gave away 90% of my 45s last year. My collection is currently a few hundred or so. It used to be close to what you have.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday i had a job interview (got another one, for a different company this afternoon)
    It went very well, and the job is interesting. On top of that, i live just 15-20 minutes from it (on the bus). And could go on a bike (if i had one)^^
    They are interested by me, i am interested.
    HOWEVER, the range for the wage seems pretty low. Mine were ambitious (we never know), and according to her 30% more than what i should expect. I disagree with that, and she said herself, that i had to try and that would open gates to negociations.

Next time i'll meet HR officers... and i'll start negociate. I will go lower than i ask, but NO WAY that i wont be at the top of their range...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck!

That reminds me yesterday I found out I have a new job. I'm just awaiting them to train my replacement. Then I begin working dayshift...little more money, but probably less physically exhausting.

...and I didn't even have to endure an interview.

If you rescue me

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet, Brice! Herbertwest, it never hurts to negotiate.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

nice, guys - good luck with that!

On a different subject, I forgot how to spell physical a while ago. My mind just went blank. I ended up spelling it right, but then it didn't look right, so I had to look it up and make sure it was right. Weird, maybe it's my headache!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You're too young to be having senior moments!

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I still have a few 45's and LP's in a box somewhere in storage, and a bunch of old cassettes as well. These days I have nothing to play any of them on anymore.

JB, I've psyched myself out about a word spelling as well (when it was correct all along). It drives you nuts.

Good luck with the job interview, HW.

Your new job sounds like an upgrade, Brice!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

lol, I thought so! Now I'm not so sure.

@Patrick
    I sometimes have problems with words that have doubles, like tariff or commiserate. I forget if it's the r or the f that has to be doubled, drives me nuts.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    lol, I thought so! Now I'm not so sure.

@Patrick
    I sometimes have problems with words that have doubles, like tariff or commiserate. I forget if it's the r or the f that has to be doubled, drives me nuts.
    Then you must hate words like "vaccuum" or "Mississippi."
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I always forget how to spell "embarrass". I had to look it up right then, even.

On a related note, I hope I'm never in a really serious situation where I have to say the word "burglary" because I literally cannot pronounce it at all. I have to try like 50 times before I get it right. When I was little I couldn't pronounce the "r" sound so I feel like with this word it's coming back to haunt me. It's embarrassing.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Dang it, I miss those days.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm constantly misspelling spel.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone else noticed no-one online knows the difference between 'lose' and 'loose'?, I could understand people muddling up whether to use to or too but how do you get lose and loose confused?. Each word has a very different meaning and sound and you only have to say the two words in your head to know which one to use.

I've seen hundreds of examples of this online, does my head in

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Are you talking true vinyl?

Yes sir. Mastered at 45 so it sounds really loud.

so... that means me and about 50 other people in the world that still have turn tables can play it... right? ahhh, a true limited edition! not going for the younger crowd i'm guessing ( most don't know what a real record is.)
    Vinyl sales have actually been increasing the last couple of years. Sure the 2.8 million new LPs that sold last year are only a drop in the bucket of music sales, but the format has somehow continued to survive all these years.

Sometime last year I walked into the local Best Buy and they have a 40 foot aisle full of LPs. They still have it and carry a decent selection primarily made up of classic rock and new releases.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

OK. I must share my vinyl story with you.

During a visit sometime ago, my niece brought her record player and some vinyl she had picked up at a yard sale (she knew I enjoyed music and still had my vinyls as well). We setup her table through my stereo and started playing.

My youngest, 9 at the time, was very intrigued by all this. All shes ever known or seen is CD's.

She is watching the album go round & round, I see her looking at the songs on the album cover, looking at the record player, back at the album cover, back at the record player. I asked...."Kaitlyn whats wrong?".....she said...."I don't like this song, how do I move it to a song I like?"....."you carefully pickup the needle and move it to the next song"....she stopped the record as shown, picked up the needle, looked at the record album again to pick her song, she looked back up at me with a puzzled look and said...."I don't see the song on here"...."you probably have to turn the record over to get to the song you want, vinyl is two sided".....she set the album cover down.....looked at me.....and said...."you have to turn it over to play the other side?........these antiques are too much work, I'm going upstairs to my stereo"

Priceless memories

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Kids nowadays. I remember a time when you had to get up to change the tv channel-and you got channels 2, 4, 5, 7 and some strange religion program on the fuzzy UHF channel.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I've updated my signature and avatar. I figured you guys were tired of seeing Lady Gaga's bad romance and I was pretty certain you didn't want to constantly see her in her meat dress! ha!

For those of you who aren't aware - Gaga wore a dress made of raw meat to an awards show:

Here it is the day after:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I call 'bullshit' on the meat dress. If it is real, then great, BBQ it and her at the same time. I'll eat the meat-medium rare, horseradish on the side.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I tuned into like 30 seconds of the VMA's during which she won an award and saw that thing. Pretty disgusting. Was there a specific reason she wore it, do you know?
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

she finally figured out a way to get a dog to follow her.... gives a new meaning to rancid meat flaps... but then she already had that title as far as i was concerned.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 972 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 591 ... LastLast