Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 875 of 972 FirstFirst ... 375 775 825 865 873 874 875 876 877 885 925 ... LastLast
Results 21,851 to 21,875 of 24289

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Biden's refusal to answer the court-packing question is particularly interesting; the right says he obviously supports it, but I don't see it that way:

- It could be that he doesn't want to pack the court but doesn't want to give the left wing of the democratic party a reason not to support him by saying so.

- It could be that he does want to pack the court but doesn't want to give mainstream America a reason to believe the Trump campaign's repeated contention that Biden, if elected, will be nothing more than a tool of the extreme left wing of the democratic party.

It could also be that while he has no intent to pack the court, he and the party believe that to admit that prior to resolution of the Amy Coney Barrett nomination would be to surrender the closest thing they have to leverage against what may be her inevitable appointment, while attempting to attract public support for their anti-ACB position by suggesting the equivalence of court packing and Trump's "rush" to appoint ACB at this time.
    Pence's refusal to answer the question of abortion in Illinois is particularly interesting.

As a voter - I would absolutely support packing that court if Barrett's nomination goes through. Why stop at 11? Why not 17? We have a majority of conservative voices dictating the law which conservative voices are in the minority of this country.

Maybe most of us don't want to live in a 2020 world where conservatives want to act like it's 1790.
    The judicial branch doesn't "dictate" anything. "The judicial branch interprets the meaning of laws, applies laws to individual cases, and decides if laws violate the Constitution." - https://www.usa.gov/branches-of-government#item-214501

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Why the F&$# do people bid anytime before the last 10 seconds on eBay? Do they not realize that the only f%#&@!g thing they're doing is driving up the price that they'll eventually pay if they end up winning? Idiots.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Biden's refusal to answer the court-packing question is particularly interesting; the right says he obviously supports it, but I don't see it that way:

- It could be that he doesn't want to pack the court but doesn't want to give the left wing of the democratic party a reason not to support him by saying so.

- It could be that he does want to pack the court but doesn't want to give mainstream America a reason to believe the Trump campaign's repeated contention that Biden, if elected, will be nothing more than a tool of the extreme left wing of the democratic party.

It could also be that while he has no intent to pack the court, he and the party believe that to admit that prior to resolution of the Amy Coney Barrett nomination would be to surrender the closest thing they have to leverage against what may be her inevitable appointment, while attempting to attract public support for their anti-ACB position by suggesting the equivalence of court packing and Trump's "rush" to appoint ACB at this time.
    Pence's refusal to answer the question of abortion in Illinois is particularly interesting.

As a voter - I would absolutely support packing that court if Barrett's nomination goes through. Why stop at 11? Why not 17? We have a majority of conservative voices dictating the law which conservative voices are in the minority of this country.

Maybe most of us don't want to live in a 2020 world where conservatives want to act like it's 1790.
    The judicial branch doesn't "dictate" anything. "The judicial branch interprets the meaning of laws, applies laws to individual cases, and decides if laws violate the Constitution." - https://www.usa.gov/branches-of-government#item-214501
    Hey Joe - thanks for that. I studied constitutional law so I understand how the judicial branch works. I think you may have disagreed with my word choice so I'm happy to clarify.

dic·tate
    verb
    /ˈdikˌtāt,ˌdikˈtāt/
    1. lay down authoritatively; prescribe.

My sentence:

The Supreme Court dictates, "authoritatively", the law as "prescribed" by the Constitution.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, like Plessy v. Ferguson or Citizens United...
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Yeah, like Plessy v. Ferguson or Citizens United...
    Yes. Like Bush v. Gore.

Good 'ol reliable conservatives.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I think it's this one. And also because, being ahead in the polls, not answering causes less damage than answering. He has more to lose by answering than he has to gain.

Personally, I think the optics are terrible. Whenever anyone asks Trump or Pence about not answering the "peaceful transition" question, they can immediately counter with this. And I think, in general, the number of Americans who actually want more Supreme Court judges is in the vast minority. Biden would do better just to say he's not going to pack the court.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Why the F&$# do people bid anytime before the last 10 seconds on eBay? Do they not realize that the only f%#&@!g thing they're doing is driving up the price that they'll eventually pay if they end up winning? Idiots.
    I'm hoping for an auction of mine to go this way

I don't do the bidding war thing. I bid what I'm willing to pay right of the gate and let it ride.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont usually get involved in the political debate from a country i have never lived in. Although i do follow closely i came upon a youtube clip the other day that said s lot about what i thought.
    https://youtu.be/d3FZdGaSUXw

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love your avatar, Sai lol.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bri...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    I dont usually get involved in the political debate from a country i have never lived in. Although i do follow closely i came upon a youtube clip the other day that said s lot about what i thought.
    His one about Trump is funnier....

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Request time...
    songs from horror movies for a Halloween playlist i am making....

Request time...
    songs from horror movies for a Halloween playlist i am making....

Didn't see the part about being from movies but Bela Lugosi is dead has been used in a few....

Others take over now....

Country
    Country Flag

Tommy u d man.... great start.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Country
    Country Flag

Pet Sematary, The Ramones.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

https://youtu.be/d3FZdGaSUXw
    This song perfectly sums up how I felt when it was written a year ago. But now, that ship has sailed.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 875 of 972 FirstFirst ... 375 775 825 865 873 874 875 876 877 885 925 ... LastLast