Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 866 of 971 FirstFirst ... 366 766 816 856 864 865 866 867 868 876 916 966 ... LastLast
Results 21,626 to 21,650 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    So what? Most of these people are visionaries who built something great from nothing. What is the point of comparing your salary to theirs.
    There is no problem if you are a capitalist. Capitalists are supportive of theft at that scale.

For those of us with a conscience and empathy it's obscene.
    Or put another way, I’m supportive of someone working hard, having the ability to run and operate a company, and employ others so that they can earn a decent wage. So, yeah, I guess I’m a capitalist.

Will I ever warn what an average CEO makes? No. But so what? I’m not going to begrudge others if they’ve studied harder in school or worked harder in their jobs to earn that living. Would it be easier if I just played the victim card because I work hard but don’t make millions? Of course it would. But I won’t... because I’m a capitalist.
    It's okay that you'll never earn what they make, since they didn't earn it either.

"They’ve studied harder in school or worked harder in their jobs to earn that living." Exactly how much do you need to study and how hard do you need to work to make $450,000 per minute?

No need to play a victim card. There are plenty of starving, homeless children without clean water to play it for you. At least until they are killed by the capitalist oligarchs you mindlessly support.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

So what? Most of these people are visionaries who built something great from nothing. What is the point of comparing your salary to theirs.
    There is no problem if you are a capitalist. Capitalists are supportive of theft at that scale.

Or put another way, I’m supportive of someone working hard, having the ability to run and operate a company, and employ others so that they can earn a decent wage. So, yeah, I guess I’m a capitalist.

Will I ever warn what an average CEO makes? No. But so what? I’m not going to begrudge others if they’ve studied harder in school or worked harder in their jobs to earn that living. Would it be easier if I just played the victim card because I work hard but don’t make millions? Of course it would. But I won’t... because I’m a capitalist.
    It's okay that you'll never earn what they make, since they didn't earn it either.

"They’ve studied harder in school or worked harder in their jobs to earn that living." Exactly how much do you need to study and how hard do you need to work to make $450,000 per minute?

No need to play a victim card. There are plenty of starving, homeless children without clean water to play it for you. At least until they are killed by the capitalist oligarchs you mindlessly support.
    You’re right... Maybe I’ll just cast a vote for Bernie, and all will be better with the world 😂

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You’re right... Maybe I’ll just cast a vote for Bernie, and all will be better with the world 😂
    Vote for whomever you like. It will make no difference, since we don't live in a democracy.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Vote for whomever you like. It will make no difference, since we don't live in a democracy.
    If you studied your history you’ll know we never have. It’s always been a republic (representative democracy).

So I’d love to know br!an. Do you think you should have the same earning potential as Elon musk?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

If you studied your history you’ll know we never have. It’s always been a republic (representative democracy).

So I’d love to know br!an. Do you think you should have the same earning potential as Elon musk?
    If you studied your history, you would know that we don't have a representative democracy. That would require our elected politicians to actually represent us which they do not.

I have no problem with some people making more money than others. The ratio could be more in line with sanity though, and the exploitation could be less heinous.

So I'd love to know how many children should die so that the oligarchs can continue that exploitation.

I'm in the zero children dying category. You seem to be in the millions of children dying category.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

If you studied your history, you would know that we don't have a representative democracy. That would require our elected politicians to actually represent us which they do not.

I have no problem with some people making more money than others. The ratio could be more in line with sanity though, and the exploitation could be less heinous.

So I'd love to know how many children should die so that the oligarchs can continue that exploitation.

I'm in the zero children dying category. You seem to be in the millions of children dying category.
    I think you are pretty off base on your assertion that, since elon musk makes millions, children starve to death because of a wealth inequality. As soon as you found a company and send two humans safely to the ISS, and back, you can decide what to do with your wealth. I'm quite sure Elon Musk will be more philanthropic in a year than we could ever be in our entire lives.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm quite sure Elon Musk will be more philanthropic in a year than we could ever be in our entire lives.
    Not to mention the tax breaks it affords him
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'm quite sure Elon Musk will be more philanthropic in a year than we could ever be in our entire lives.
    Not to mention the tax breaks it affords him
    Steal from the wealthy and give a bit to your friend and they’ll call you a thief. Steal from the working class and give a bit to agendas you approve of and they’ll call you a philanthropist.

“We will coup whoever we want! Deal with it.” Elon Musk commenting on the Bolivian coup supported by the US in order to obtain lithium.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    To everyone who is asking for pricing of items in my collection--it will take a while for me to do this. I am not able to spend long hours determining the pricing--I'm just not physically or mentally capable of doing this quickly. I'm truly sorry.

John
    John, So sorry to hear about your current situation. Best of luck moving forward. I sold all my SLs a while back due to financial problems (job related) and it was hard. Fortunately I used David at Betts and only had to ship the items to him. He did the rest. So I can only imagine trying to sell off a massive collection - take your time and do what you can my friend. If I was close by I'd come and help!
    Take care my friend, Bob
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Just my own wishes, but I wish to be cremated and the cremains disposed of in the least expensive legal manner. I want my family to have my monies, not spend them on an expensive internment.
    I'm with ya there boss man. I do want my ashes spread somewhere, maybe with a new tree planting. I don't want to be sitting in an urn on someone's mantle - that's just creepy!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    To everyone who is asking for pricing of items in my collection--it will take a while for me to do this. I am not able to spend long hours determining the pricing--I'm just not physically or mentally capable of doing this quickly. I'm truly sorry.

John
    John, So sorry to hear about your current situation. Best of luck moving forward. I sold all my SLs a while back due to financial problems (job related) and it was hard. Fortunately I used David at Betts and only had to ship the items to him. He did the rest. So I can only imagine trying to sell off a massive collection - take your time and do what you can my friend. If I was close by I'd come and help!
    Take care my friend, Bob
    John guess I should have read the entire thread before replying to you. As I said I used David and he is the epitome of being professional, but caring and treating you like a friend. I have no regrets and he sold my items for the best prices. I'd use him again if I were to sell my remaining collection. However, I have no plans to do that anymore as my financial situation has stabilized. I am retired and my wife will retire in one year. Our home will be paid off the same moth my wife retires. When we downsize there will be a lot of equity to add to my retirement accounts.

Spoiler:

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Application of logic will get you nowhere, folks. You can't talk sense to the senseless.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Application of logic will get you nowhere, folks. You can't talk sense to the senseless.
    It's been awhile since this thread had been off politics
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Heaven at last. Pacific Coast Highway. 69 degrees, 8mph breeze onshore, thus no smoke whatsoever. And essentially no one here. Private patio, private Jucuzzi, and dinner in 20 minutes.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heaven at last. Pacific Coast Highway. 69 degrees, 8mph breeze onshore, thus no smoke whatsoever. And essentially no one here. Private patio, private Jucuzzi, and dinner in 20 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn.. appears pretty calming.
    Have a great time

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Me in the morning when I wake up: Damn I'm tired. I need to go to bed early tonight.

Me at night when I could go to bed early: oh look, a movie I've seen 10,000 times is on TV. I should stay up until midnight and watch it again.

Why am I like this?!?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Me in the morning when I wake up: Damn I'm tired. I need to go to bed early tonight.

Me at night when I could go to bed early: oh look, a movie I've seen 10,000 times is on TV. I should stay up until midnight and watch it again.

Why am I like this?!?
    Because you're normal! There are some that come on, it doesn't matter the time or how many times, the rule is you have to watch it! Tombstone, Shawshank, Green Mile, 5th Element, The Searchers, Jaws, Aliens, Blade Runner, Schindler's List, Pulp Fiction, Edge of Tomorrow, Saving Private Ryan, Gladiator, Desperado, any of the John Wicks, The Martian, Outlaw Josey Wales ......
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Enjoy the P&Q, Boss.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dear creators of browsers (IE, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc....) I wish you would all put the Home, Refresh, Favorites icons/buttons in the SAME DAMNED PLACE. kthx!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I don't know Macs, but otherwise there is F5 on windows
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anybody else catch today's Google Doodle?

It's Alexandre Dumbass.

https://youtu.be/K9p9Yr1U2KA
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_1j...w?usp=drivesdk

Just figured out how to share images... I'm so happy.
    This is Bea my new pup.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You haven't quite figured it out yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 866 of 971 FirstFirst ... 366 766 816 856 864 865 866 867 868 876 916 966 ... LastLast