Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 865 of 971 FirstFirst ... 365 765 815 855 863 864 865 866 867 875 915 965 ... LastLast
Results 21,601 to 21,625 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

John wishing you the best. I remember how I used to drool over your proofs.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

John, I’m sorry that you aren’t able to be surrounded by your books in your new place. Is it feasible for you to keep one or two favorites with you to admire on your nightstand or on display across the room? Catching up on the thread and reading your post on the current situation, my first thought about managing the sale of items was to enlist David. I’m glad to hear you’re going that route. A lot less trouble for you and he is someone we have all known for many years and trust implicitly with an important job like this.

Speaking of good men, you’re one of them, John. You have always been kind, considerate, and extremely knowledgeable - even back 15+ years ago when a lot of us were getting to know each other at .net, including ignorant newbies like me. Thank you for your friendship and kindness, John. Wishing you the best as you move forward.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the kind words, Patrick. I'm very hesitant to keep anything of value in my room.

John

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the kind words, Patrick. I'm very hesitant to keep anything of value in my room.

John
    The things of most value that you absolutely must keep in your room are happiness, as many smiles and as much laughter as you can muster every day, and a positive outlook; all of those are much more important than books when you're bedridden, and can be very rare and hard to come by. One thing I'm very sure of; as your collection makes it's way back into the world, you are going to be getting a helluva lot of thank you messages from MANY people that you've helped make very happy!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John wishing you all the best moving into the next chapter of life.
    You have been a friend and inspiration to us all.
    Peace be with you.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can you please confirm that you shared this on purpose because this is the random thread, and that you account wasn't hacked?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Seems legit to me.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Can you please confirm that you shared this on purpose because this is the random thread, and that you account wasn't hacked?
    It's not spam.

Want to know how long it would take for tech CEOs to earn your salary? The SimpleTexting team built a calculator where users can find out. Check it out!

Leaders at top-performing tech companies are well-known for their grit, resilience, and innovation, but they are also known for their lucrative professions.

We ran the numbers, and as of 2019, fifteen of the most generously-compensated tech CEOs in the U.S. have a combined annual income of over 83 billion dollars. We calculated annual income from SEC filings by collecting the sum of each CEO’s base salary, annual cash bonuses, annual stock awards (or earnings from equity), and other forms of compensation.

For a true frame of reference for how much these billionaire CEOs actually earn, the SimpleTexting team has built a calculator where users can input their individual salaries and expenses to see how quickly moguls, like Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, and Susan Wojcicki, earn them or pay them off. Also, we highlight how much these CEOs earn per year, per day, per hour, and per minute.

To see where you stand, simply choose a CEO and expense type from the drop-down menu. Then, input either your annual salary, your total outstanding mortgage payment, or your total outstanding student loan debt to uncover how long it will take these high-profile tech CEOs to earn your salary or pay off your expenses.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

So what? Most of these people are visionaries who built something great from nothing. What is the point of comparing your salary to theirs.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    So what? Most of these people are visionaries who built something great from nothing. What is the point of comparing your salary to theirs.
    Not on the same level by any means, but our own Paul Suntup comes to mind. As far as his vision and making it happen.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

No, not most, only some. Every company that I have worked for has fired and hired new CEO's during my time there. Most of those fired are paid more then I will earn in my lifetime to just walk away. So lets look at the CEO's during my carreer:

1997-2003 : Chris Galvin of Motorola
    2004 : Ed Zander of Motorola
    2004-2008 : Michel Mayer of Freescale (spun off of Motorola)
    2002-2009 : Rich Beyer Freescale (until I was laid off)
    2010: : Greg Brown/Sanjay Jha joint Motorola (after I was rehired at Mot)
    2010-2011 : Sanjay Jha Motorola Mobility after split into Mot Mobility and Solutions
    2012-2013 : Dennis Woodside - after Google purchased Motorola Mobility
    2013 : Paul Otellini : Intel (after Google/Motorola sold my team to Intel)
    2014-2018: Brian Krzanich of Intel (fired for having extramarital affair with a subordinate, but the affair occurred before it was against the rules)
    2018-present: Bob Swan of Intel (spent a long time as interim CEO until made official)

Thats 11 CEOs in 23 years, all for large tech companies. I challenge you to name a visionary in that list.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a good point as well, Mike and their severance packages are insane.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lightening up the conversation a bit...
    Went to see Joe Hill on tour for the Fireman in Miami a while back.
    The event started at 8pm, I arrived around 3pm.
    Great little bar in the patio section, friendly bartender, excellent Merlot.
    May have had a bit too much, but it was Miami, it was hot, and it was a long wait.
    My humiliation starts about the 19 minute mark...
    http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9XAHLO7TDXM
    I’m the musician in the middle.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Lightening up the conversation a bit...
    Went to see Joe Hill on tour for the Fireman in Miami a while back.
    The event started at 8pm, I arrived around 3pm.
    Great little bar in the patio section, friendly bartender, excellent Merlot.
    May have had a bit too much, but it was Miami, it was hot, and it was a long wait.
    My humiliation starts about the 19 minute mark...
    http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9XAHLO7TDXM
    I’m the musician in the middle.
    I almost went to that. It didn't work out.

I love the hand gestures!

And what a finish!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brian, hope you got a laugh.

It got worse across the street in the parking garage as I let loose with Rod Stewart’s Do You Think I’m Sexy to a captive audience in the elevator.
    Thankfully no video evidence exists of that performance, just a few scarred, anonymous theatre patrons.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Thanks Brian, hope you got a laugh.

It got worse across the street in the parking garage as I let loose with Rod Stewart’s Do You Think I’m Sexy to a captive audience in the elevator.
    Thankfully no video evidence exists of that performance, just a few scarred, anonymous theatre patrons.
    You did great. You got into it. The woman did fine and the other guy seemed so serious, like he was trying to stay on key or something.

Joe's talk was good too.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

<-------goes to dig up video from Petaluma...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Paging Becca! I believe there's a video of her participating at the DC stop.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great job, Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    <-------goes to dig up video from Petaluma...
    I witnessed this one live. What a night!

Is there video of Becca on the kazoo?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

There is no problem if you are a capitalist. Capitalists are supportive of theft at that scale.

For those of us with a conscience and empathy it's obscene.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

2020 is the year of the suck! Been 15 days plus where temps were 90 degrees plus (10 in a row over 100 degrees). Now we have lightning generated fires that have lowered air quality to 200+ (unhealthy for ALL), and instead of a dry heat we are 91 degrees and 46% humidity. Can't even go out, just shelter in place and run your A/C 24/7.
    Only thing missing is an earthquake!

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got home from a trip that we cut short to Colorado, Wyoming and Idaho. We know where all of your wildfire smoke ended up.
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thankfully Wednesday we go away for a couple of days to the cool (69 degree high) clear ocean air, non-smoky (air quality good, 0-50) secluded Pacific coast.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    There is no problem if you are a capitalist. Capitalists are supportive of theft at that scale.

For those of us with a conscience and empathy it's obscene.
    Or put another way, I’m supportive of someone working hard, having the ability to run and operate a company, and employ others so that they can earn a decent wage. So, yeah, I guess I’m a capitalist.

Will I ever warn what an average CEO makes? No. But so what? I’m not going to begrudge others if they’ve studied harder in school or worked harder in their jobs to earn that living. Would it be easier if I just played the victim card because I work hard but don’t make millions? Of course it would. But I won’t... because I’m a capitalist.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 865 of 971 FirstFirst ... 365 765 815 855 863 864 865 866 867 875 915 965 ... LastLast