Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 862 of 971 FirstFirst ... 362 762 812 852 860 861 862 863 864 872 912 962 ... LastLast
Results 21,526 to 21,550 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm very sorry for your losses, Mae and Bill
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all for your wishes. Like Father, like son Dad was a life long Mason and then Shriner. They do absolutely amazing things for children day in and day out. Pop, was a major player with them and therefore the family is following his tradition and requesting that any instead of any condolences and/or flowers considered be foregone in favor of donations in his name to the Shriners Children's Hospitals.

https://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/shc/donate

Again, thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

My condolences, Mae and Bill.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Sorry to hear it, Bill.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Latest sign of the Coming Apocalypse!!!!

Heard this on the radio this morning, getting ready to go out and make arrangements for, Pop.

http://deadline.com/2020/08/kinderga...nt-1203004720/

Some folks in Oregon have WAAAAAAYYYYYY too much time on their hands!!!! LOL This is the template for the new world order for sure!!! Very sad!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

They should just burn the drive-in down; that'll solve the problem.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Thank you all for your wishes. Like Father, like son Dad was a life long Mason and then Shriner. They do absolutely amazing things for children day in and day out. Pop, was a major player with them and therefore the family is following his tradition and requesting that any instead of any condolences and/or flowers considered be foregone in favor of donations in his name to the Shriners Children's Hospitals.

https://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/shc/donate

Again, thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes.

My condoleances Bill
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Bill, I’m sorry for your loss. Your dad sounds like a great guy.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Latest sign of the Coming Apocalypse!!!!

Heard this on the radio this morning, getting ready to go out and make arrangements for, Pop.

http://deadline.com/2020/08/kinderga...nt-1203004720/

Some folks in Oregon have WAAAAAAYYYYYY too much time on their hands!!!! LOL This is the template for the new world order for sure!!! Very sad!!!
    So dumb. They shut it down because of one person complaining about kindergarten cop of all things.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    They should just burn the drive-in down; that'll solve the problem.
    It’s Portland. I’m sure they’ve already thought about doing that.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Condolences, Mae and Bill...Never easy losing someone one you love.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am very sorry for your loss, Bill. My deepest sympathy and condolences at this difficult time.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Sorry for your loss, Bill. Sending lots of goodmind your way.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quick question regarding King's very first Signed Limited edition. I know Firestarter is considered the very first King limited, but I'm wondering about the Danse Macabre S/L. The copyright of the DM S/L says 1981, but TDT catalogue states it was "available for sale from 1980". Do we know exactly when in 1980, and could it possibly before the July Firestarter dates?

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Quick question regarding King's very first Signed Limited edition. I know Firestarter is considered the very first King limited, but I'm wondering about the Danse Macabre S/L. The copyright of the DM S/L says 1981, but TDT catalogue states it was "available for sale from 1980". Do we know exactly when in 1980, and could it possibly before the July Firestarter dates?
    Hi Antoni, I'm quite confident the S/L of Danse Macabre was only ready to ship in 1981, and not in 1980. I was at King's archive last summer and there I looked at proofs of DM. According to my notes, Abe Lerner from Everest house was still asking for additional proofs of the index at the back of DM in January 1981, so unless the S/L doesn't have the index at the back, it could not have been ready to ship before February 1981 at the earliest.

I also found this announcement for DM in the archives of Publishers Weekly in an issue from February 1981:

I'm also curious to know where the info came from that the limited edition was available in 1980.

I do think at one point the plan was to publish in 1980. The contract was signed in 1979. And in the issue of January 18, 1980 of Publishers Weekly, there's this announcement:

(link to the PW archive page)

I believe the publication may have been postponed by a year because King wanted to do an extensive rewrite of his first draft, which he did in the first half of 1980, adding many references to books and movies that came out in the first half of 1980.

In short: these are my reasons to believe that the S/L of DM was only available in April 1981.
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, Vincent!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, Vincent!
    Yeah, that was informative.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Thank you, Vincent!
    Yeah, that was informative.
    You’re very welcome, love this kind of stuff.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Very interesting!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't remember this being shared before. The first one speaking is King:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cwNHIsoHG0
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing the fruits of your research, Vincent. I love hearing what you and others learn.

Cool video, Ari. Thanks for the link.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Very interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Thanks for sharing the fruits of your research, Vincent. I love hearing what you and others learn.

Cool video, Ari. Thanks for the link.
    Thanks, that's very much appreciated!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just wanted to add my belated condolences to Mae and Bill. I too lost my Father recently, on July 30. My 2 sisters and I got to be by his side for a good part of his last 2 weeks. I hope you both have the family and friends support like I had during this time. I also hope you had the time and opportunity to share memories with your family and parent's friends.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry for your loss
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Just wanted to add my belated condolences to Mae and Bill. I too lost my Father recently, on July 30. My 2 sisters and I got to be by his side for a good part of his last 2 weeks. I hope you both have the family and friends support like I had during this time. I also hope you had the time and opportunity to share memories with your family and parent's friends.
    Thank you, and so sorry to hear of your father's passing, my condolences as well. It's unimaginably hard to take in, but we must, such is life. Yes, family being close helps tremendously, but the pain that's deep inside at such a tragic loss can only be dulled with time. Which is good, that means there will always be a reminder of this amazing person that gave us life in our hearts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 862 of 971 FirstFirst ... 362 762 812 852 860 861 862 863 864 872 912 962 ... LastLast