Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 860 of 971 FirstFirst ... 360 760 810 850 858 859 860 861 862 870 910 960 ... LastLast
Results 21,476 to 21,500 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TnTzDad View Post
    What are the odds that Mr. King, or any other notable author, anonymously follows their followers via FB, Twitter or THIS FORUM? I ask that because of all the speculation about signature authenticiity here and on the Rare FB group that is run by one of our own. I can picture "Steve" following a post about a signature with three S's on a copy of Firestarter, laughing his ass off, saying, "Look Tabby, I really screwed with their heads on that one!"
    I doubt King has every lurked here. In the past, perhaps Marsha may have been pointed to a post or two, but rest assured, King has little time to lurk, (or sign), and spends his energy writing and enjoying his grandchildren.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TnTzDad View Post
    What are the odds that Mr. King, or any other notable author, anonymously follows their followers via FB, Twitter or THIS FORUM? I ask that because of all the speculation about signature authenticiity here and on the Rare FB group that is run by one of our own. I can picture "Steve" following a post about a signature with three S's on a copy of Firestarter, laughing his ass off, saying, "Look Tabby, I really screwed with their heads on that one!"
    I doubt King has every lurked here. In the past, perhaps Marsha may have been pointed to a post or two, but rest assured, King has little time to lurk, (or sign), and spends his energy writing and enjoying his grandchildren.
    Lately he spends a lot of energy venting on Twitter too.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quick question for uk citizens : do you know if any car rental companies can provide "french" cars?
    My wife and I are planning to visit her family. Near Glasgow. And do a roadtrip in Scotland.

BUT. British cars are very different from french ones (the driver is on the other side, I don't know about the feet...) and the only time I tried driving a british car, my stepmom's car, a good 5 years ago. I couldn't even move the car. I was so confused. Both with the gear and the feet, I couldnt move.
    And it would be crap to hire a car and not being able to actually use it.

So : any idea of a car rental company, around Glasgow, that may have some "french" cars? :s
    Good luck.
    Driving a car from the right isn't tough. The pedals are the same: L-R, clutch, brake, accelerator. The gearshift is on your left.
    The hard part is staying on the correct side of the road, and roundabouts can be confusing.

If possible. Rent an automatic transmission car.

Having a car would simplify a lot of things, especially given the covid. And would allow enjoying better the hols.
    So I decided to rent an automatic car for the first day. Test it on the parking of the airport and in the local area and if I am comfortable with it then extend it for the following 2 weeks.
    That way, if I can drive it fine. If not, well... I lose 150e, not 900
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Having a car would simplify a lot of things, especially given the covid. And would allow enjoying better the hols.
    So I decided to rent an automatic car for the first day. Test it on the parking of the airport and in the local area and if I am comfortable with it then extend it for the following 2 weeks.
    That way, if I can drive it fine. If not, well... I lose 150e, not 900
    I go to the UK for business every once in awhile, and have found its not the left/right driving as much as the size of the rental car that makes a difference. I had a manual transmission once, it wasn't as big a deal as I thought it would be ... but I always request an automatic. Usually I get a small car and have no problems, but once they gave me an SUV (the only automatic they had) and it was horrible, I misjudged everything. As I drive an SUV at home, I was surprised the difference it made from the opposite side of the car and road. So for me it's now always a small vehicle in the UK.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Thank you!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone catch this? Stephen King's new Hard Case novel "Later", set for release next year

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1789096499...B1iipAhEiWWoQY

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anybody here on instagram?

I'm told that someone is copying my account (@clubstephenking ) trying to scam fans, pretending to be Stephen King
    Their account is @clubstephenking_ (with an "_" at the end)

Can any of you please report it?
    The account to report => https://www.instagram.com/clubstephenking_/
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Reported.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

I'm told that someone is copying my account (@clubstephenking ) trying to scam fans, pretending to be Stephen King

Seems to be gone

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Seems to be gone
    I can still see it.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It might have blocked you, J. I still see it as well.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

I think that it must be because I reported it so, when logged in, they hide it from me.
    Or he saw that I "reported" it and blocked me. But it's still out there evidently

I sent an email to a contact at facebook (that helped me getting my account back, when it was hacked 2 years ago), but he's on holidays...

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Aw, just saw that I missed celebrating my 2,500th post 17 posts ago. No cake, no candles, no groupies, nuthin'.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have long considered this site a second home to me and count some of you as my actual friends. Hanging out here has helped me go through some tough times in my life a number of times. My mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and had surgery in February 2019. Earlier today she passed away. She was one of the strongest people I have ever known and she battled as hard as she could to the end, enduring anything beyond I could have imagined. It was an expected outcome, unfortunately, especially in these last few weeks, but it hurts so incredibly much nevertheless.

Those of you who are participating in the Great Movie Tournament I'm running, I'll post the remaining Round 1 polls later today or tomorrow. I won't be very active with the polls in the next week or so while they're open, so if anyone needs to adjust their votes, please message RF or another staff member at The Gem. I'll be back for start of Round 2 on August 17. Hopefully no tiebreakers will be needed, but should that be necessary I'll find some time to post them anyway, it's not a big deal.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Mae, I'm so sorry. Hugs from all of us.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really sorry to hear that, Mae. I hope you're able to take some time to spend with your family and celebrate your mom's life. Don't worry about the tournament. We'll be here when you get back.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm very sorry for your loss, Mae. May she rest in peace.

A big hug for you. 😔
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

mae, there are no words that can ever express the sadness I feel for the loss of your mom. So much love to you right now.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Condolences, mae.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So sorry Mae. Just close your eyes to see her, be near her, and hear her voice; she'll always be with you.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear the sad news Mae. My condolences to you and your family.

Country
    Country Flag

So sorry to hear Mae.
    Take care of you and your close ones

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry for your loss Mae.....sending positive vibes your way.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 860 of 971 FirstFirst ... 360 760 810 850 858 859 860 861 862 870 910 960 ... LastLast