Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 843 of 972 FirstFirst ... 343 743 793 833 841 842 843 844 845 853 893 943 ... LastLast
Results 21,051 to 21,075 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone tried to identify this? :-)

it's at 44:40.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The exchange rate of dolllars => euros is very low... now is the time to buy !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've refrained from posting any COVID-19 stuff here for several months, but I still work with COVID-19 data every day, and I've been really disheartened with the numbers that I've been seeing recently.

For anyone getting complacent about the spread of COVID-19, and especially for anyone who assumes that because a state decided to "open back up", it means that the state was ready to "open back up", these 14 states just hit their highest 7-day average EVER:

Alaska
    Arizona
    Arkansas
    California
    Florida
    Kentucky
    New Mexico
    North Carolina
    Mississippi
    Oregon
    South Carolina
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah

Not only is this not over, it's not close to being over. We are not "almost there". We are not anywhere near "back to normal".

And yes, case counts have increased as testing has increased, but hospitalizations track very similarly in these states.

This is not done because we are bored of it or because so many other things are going on. We know from the experience of other countries how to deal effectively with the virus, and we are simply not doing what's necessary.

EDIT: I should drop a piece of not-awful news here as well.

FWIW outdoor spread seems to be uncommon still. The verdict is still out on outdoor dining but it appears to be on the lower-risk end.

The highest probability for transmission is in these places:

Jails/prisons
    Nursing homes
    Meat processing and packing plants
    Churches
    Nightclubs/Bars
    Indoor sporting events

What most of these places have in common is that it's hard to social distance, and also that it's loud.

One other nice thing is that grocery stores appear to be very low risk. They are one of the few types of places that never closed and that lots of people still go to regularly and there haven't been any large transmission events associated with them. It's also easy to social distance, people generally don't congregate there or talk loudly, and many large retailers (e.g., Walmart) have mask policies in place. These things make a difference.

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Covid-19: The Northern Hemisphere is now experiencing Summer. Cases of Covid-19 will come down. When Winter comes back, so will the virus, with vengence!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Covid-19: The Northern Hemisphere is now experiencing Summer. Cases of Covid-19 will come down. When Winter comes back, so will the virus, with vengence!
    I'm not sure that hypothesis has been proven. It's hot and humid as hell in Florida and the infection rate is climbing.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been out of work for 3 months today...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I've been out of work for 3 months today...
    2 months for me. It sucks.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

14+ years, but I retired. No longer make 100K+ every year, but have an adequate SS payment, and a reasonable 401K. I'm lucky my wife works full time for Costco and we have pretty good health coverage. Next year she can go to an hourly full-time position, with a bit less pay, but good benefits. It will cut her work week from 55+ hours per week, to 40.
    I'm almost 60 and she is a year younger. She can begin withdrawing from her 401k next May with no pre-tax 10% penalty.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    14+ years, but I retired. No longer make 100K+ every year, but have an adequate SS payment, and a reasonable 401K. I'm lucky my wife works full time for Costco and we have pretty good health coverage. Next year she can go to an hourly full-time position, with a bit less pay, but good benefits. It will cut her work week from 55+ hours per week, to 40.
    I'm almost 60 and she is a year younger. She can begin withdrawing from her 401k next May with no pre-tax 10% penalty.
    I count myself lucky (thus far) though you all might remember I've been laid off twice in the last 10 years, so I know how scary/hard it is to be out of work with bills to pay and family counting on you (one time I was off for 18 months before finding new work). I am a year older than Jerome. I've been told that if I lost my primary job, technically I could retire but I'd have to sell my whole collection and Betts to make ends meet for my family over the next 20 years.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seeing all the fantastic inscriptions here made me think it would be so great to have all of these images in one place. Especially inscriptions with dates, because then I could sort them by date and, using the great signing events spreadsheet from this site, link them to particular places.

So I made such a site! Presenting:

www.signedanddated.info

Books signed by Stephen King during the seventies and eighties, sorted by date of inscription.

I've got 400 plus images at the moment, many of which from your most excellent collection threads.

It's ideal for scrolling through on the toilet.

This could be a cool resource for collectors to check for other books signed on the same day as their book, to compare signatures to from ebay listings, or to get to know King's signature-style from the 70s and 80s.

I'd love to get contributions, corrections, ideas from whoever's so inclined! Via PM or info@signedanddated.info.

If you're not comfortable seeing your signed book in the list, please let me know also.

https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Vincent, that is quite a resource!
    However, it makes me nervous about the legitimacy of my signed CARRIE, which I bought from L.W. Currey many years ago. The year of the date is weird, and the '7' does NOT have a line through it. Was King distracted when he signed it? I sure hope so!
    Thanks, Steve! I'm sure people here will give you their thoughts on your signed Carrie if you share a picture. From my selection of inscriptions it looks like SK started adding the line through the 7 in early 1978 :-).

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks awesome! What I would suggest is adding a transcription underneath each image.

And of course, expand it to the 1990s and beyond!

Country
    Country Flag

I count nine other books signed on that date, and this one is the closest match:

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Looks awesome! What I would suggest is adding a transcription underneath each image.

And of course, expand it to the 1990s and beyond!
    Thanks for this! I’ll try some things out with transcriptions, and see if I can add them without messing up the layout too much.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Book and signature. As you can see, the date is weird looking.

I'm no expert but the your sig is quite close to the other one posted below it. Just looks like he had a rough time with the date!
    The second slash looks like it started out as a seven..then he wrote 78 instead of 79..lol.
    I think your book was signed towards the end of a long day of signing

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Seeing all the fantastic inscriptions here made me think it would be so great to have all of these images in one place. Especially inscriptions with dates, because then I could sort them by date and, using the great signing events spreadsheet from this site, link them to particular places.

So I made such a site! Presenting:

www.signedanddated.info

Books signed by Stephen King during the seventies and eighties, sorted by date of inscription.

I've got 400 plus images at the moment, many of which from your most excellent collection threads.

It's ideal for scrolling through on the toilet.

This could be a cool resource for collectors to check for other books signed on the same day as their book, to compare signatures to from ebay listings, or to get to know King's signature-style from the 70s and 80s.

I'd love to get contributions, corrections, ideas from whoever's so inclined! Via PM or info@signedanddated.info.

If you're not comfortable seeing your signed book in the list, please let me know also.

Great idea! Thanks for doing all the work!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds reasonable. I bought that book so long ago I only paid $45 or $55 for it.
    That's a great deal you got back then, Steve. L.W. Currey is a lot more expensive these days! I'll add your inscription to the site if you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Great idea! Thanks for doing all the work!
    Thank you Patrick! I had great fun "harvesting" them and I looovvve dates...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cash is still king. And King=Cash.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am a couple of posts away from posting my 10,000th post !
    But then, I could also die before doing so
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Always looking on the bright side...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I just might go into Barnes & Noble June 19th.
    A Neil Young never released album is coming out on CD and vinyl called HOMEGROWN, from way back in 1974 or so, when cars all ran on steam powered coal burning engines.
    Sounds interesting, by crack gummy!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

I just might go into Barnes & Noble June 19th.
    A Neil Young never released album is coming out on CD and vinyl called HOMEGROWN, from way back in 1974 or so, when cars all ran on steam powered coal burning engines.
    Sounds interesting, by crack gummy!
    What is this CD and vinyl you speak of? Sounds like tech left over from The Great Old Ones.

Country
    Country Flag

Which goes to show I spend way too much time here.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Wok hoo! I just passed an exam for my job and am now a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist. Studying for the past two months has paid off!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 843 of 972 FirstFirst ... 343 743 793 833 841 842 843 844 845 853 893 943 ... LastLast