Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 825 of 971 FirstFirst ... 325 725 775 815 823 824 825 826 827 835 875 925 ... LastLast
Results 20,601 to 20,625 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Im not sure if this is the thread for this (it could be cooking or YouTube or keep yourself busy so you dont kill your wife and kids in a big fuck off big hotel)... I have uploaded my first YouTube video. I will be adding more but would like to know what you guys think...
    Thanks in advance for taking a look (nice comments only please you can complain to me here dont forget to subscribe.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ralph is a very long time, knowledgeable King collector and one of the very longtime members of the TheDarkTower community. Also he’s an all-around good guy, in my opinion. Like Bob before him, Ralph’s departure is a loss for us all.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Im not sure if this is the thread for this (it could be cooking or YouTube or keep yourself busy so you dont kill your wife and kids in a big fuck off big hotel)... I have uploaded my first YouTube video. I will be adding more but would like to know what you guys think...
    Thanks in advance for taking a look (nice comments only please you can complain to me here dont forget to subscribe.
    Can you provide a link?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Can you provide a link?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brian... thought I had put a link on it, shows how bad I am at the world of technology..

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brian... thought I had put a link on it, shows how bad I am at the world of technology..
    Yes. Thanks, Brian for posting.

Sai. Very nicely done!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Ralph is a very long time, knowledgeable King collector and one of the very longtime members of the TheDarkTower community. Also he’s an all-around good guy, in my opinion. Like Bob before him, Ralph’s departure is a loss for us all.
    I can't believe he left. Ralph was a super nice guy and I'll miss him being around.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone absconded with my email. I have a few bouncebacks, but if you have received an email from me yesterday, or today before this post, please delete it without opening.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnstone in intensive care with coronavirus.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

10 years ago, maybe even more, there was a website showing the covers for a King book. Including lots of foreign covers for that title, on a page, with the country of origin.
    Would anybody here remember what websites that was?
    Trying to find it back with the internet archives, but I dont have the url
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    10 years ago, maybe even more, there was a website showing the covers for a King book. Including lots of foreign covers for that title, on a page, with the country of origin.
    Would anybody here remember what websites that was?
    Trying to find it back with the internet archives, but I dont have the url
    I remember that site....have to search my memory banks

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In my mind it was something like stephenkingcovers.com
    But I cant find anything on internet archives or else.

There is the german cover website ( https://cover.stephen-king.de/ ), but that's not really what I am looking for. Even though it's still useful
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

There is the german cover website ( https://cover.stephen-king.de/ ), but that's not really what I am looking for. Even though it's still useful
    There's this: https://foljeslagarna.com/secretwindows/

... although this isn't the cover archive I think you're referring to, and that I remember.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    AMEN TO THAT!!!!

I can't believe he left. Ralph was a super nice guy and I'll miss him being around.
    I'm taking a shot at talking him down and coming back in some fashion. We shall see........................
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It might help if numerous members contacted Ralph and asked him to come back.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, my Laptop took a dump the other day. Man, what a HUGE PITA!!!!! First, I had to revive an old laptop I had bought for my daughter to use in college 6 years ago or so, just so I could see about buying a new one!! After 16 hrs of downloading almost 200 Windows updates I finally was able to get back online and access most of my regular sites, here, bank, email, etc I go shopping online at "Best Buy" (despite the fact that there is a store literally down 5 blocks or so). Apparently, despite reported layoff's and social distancing and what not (or because of it. Who knows anymore? lol), they can't actually put the new box containing my PC in my hands in the parking lot for another 2 weeks!!! I can actually get the new PC faster by having it delivered by post rather than somone leaving it on the sidewalk a brisk walk away!!! LOL

Considering all the "Tech" employed folks on this site, I was hopig to get a little insight/criticism/thoughts on my eventual purchase:

HP - 17.3" Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 256GB Solid State Drive - Jet Black
    Model:17-BY1053DXSKU:6356671
    Rating, 4.6 out of 5 with 971 reviews
    4.6 (971 Reviews)

$629.99 Your price for this item is $629.99
    Free security software a $29.99 value

Processor Model:Info

Intel 8th Generation Core i5

System Memory (RAM):Info

8GB

Total Storage Capacity:

256GB

Screen Size:Info

17.3"

As a "casual" user how did I do? i checked on Amazon and everything they seemed to offer was thru a 3rd party. In hindsight, I didn't think to look at, Costco, which RF says had better offerings. But all things considered? Should be delivered to my door by the 15th.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

17.3" screen will be nice, but add significantly to weight. That means lugging it around will be a PITA.
    Adequate (for your usage) memory and storage, but an older processor.

Funny, I just had to buy a new laptop too.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I had to Google PITA, no kidding, what a PITA.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

I have a question about "happenings" in NY Central park involving children and tunnels... Is this the thread for that? Do we have any friends/constant readers in NY with eyes on the ground?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    So, my Laptop took a dump the other day. Man, what a HUGE PITA!!!!! First, I had to revive an old laptop I had bought for my daughter to use in college 6 years ago or so, just so I could see about buying a new one!! After 16 hrs of downloading almost 200 Windows updates I finally was able to get back online and access most of my regular sites, here, bank, email, etc I go shopping online at "Best Buy" (despite the fact that there is a store literally down 5 blocks or so). Apparently, despite reported layoff's and social distancing and what not (or because of it. Who knows anymore? lol), they can't actually put the new box containing my PC in my hands in the parking lot for another 2 weeks!!! I can actually get the new PC faster by having it delivered by post rather than somone leaving it on the sidewalk a brisk walk away!!! LOL

Considering all the "Tech" employed folks on this site, I was hopig to get a little insight/criticism/thoughts on my eventual purchase:

HP - 17.3" Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 256GB Solid State Drive - Jet Black
    Model:17-BY1053DXSKU:6356671
    Rating, 4.6 out of 5 with 971 reviews
    4.6 (971 Reviews)

$629.99 Your price for this item is $629.99
    Free security software a $29.99 value

Processor Model:Info

Intel 8th Generation Core i5

System Memory (RAM):Info

8GB

Total Storage Capacity:

256GB

Screen Size:Info

17.3"

As a "casual" user how did I do? i checked on Amazon and everything they seemed to offer was thru a 3rd party. In hindsight, I didn't think to look at, Costco, which RF says had better offerings. But all things considered? Should be delivered to my door by the 15th.

I will likely buy a new laptop as well before the summer as mine is 5+ years old, starts to show some slowness and starts annoying me since a couple of years.
    For me, I have two issues which the details you give :

- the size : 17.3 : that's the size of my current laptop. Which is fine, but I noticed over the years that it's a bit bulky for traveling around. My next one will be 15", same size as my work laptop

- 256GB : for me that's a no go. Not enough. But that's related to my use.
    IMO, that sort of capacity is good if you just want to go online dont plan on keeping movies and a lot of big files.

I use dropbox to do backup of all my files, but I also try to keep everything on my laptop as well. Because you cannot always rely that there wont be any technical issue or wont lost access to online stuff.
    And that's the same with everything as you mentionned in the other thread : when I find an interesting documentary video about King, I save it from youtube as it may disappear off youtube.
    I have loads of big files. Without mentionning an external harddrive with movies. My next laptop will have to be at least 1to + 128 or 256gb as ssd
    The ssd part being for the operating system, so that it starts quickly, and doesnt require a good 2 minutes like my current one

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

There's this: https://foljeslagarna.com/secretwindows/

... although this isn't the cover archive I think you're referring to, and that I remember.

HBJ

I didnt know that one. Although it's interesting and looks similar-ish to the one I remember. So good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

It's basically the same than above, but that's the one I remember!
    Thanks a lot Jack & Jerome !

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Buy a Mac. Apple is still delivering. Run Windows on a virtual machine if you're feeling nostalgic.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully your laptop has two internal drive slots, one SSD and one HDD, that way you don't need to go external. Your SSD should be used for the OS and backup, while the HDD is for game files, music, movies, photos, etc.

I have a 2017 HP Omen 15. It came with 128GB M.2 SSD, 1TB HDD, Intel i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz, 8GB DDR4 mem, and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti (and onboard Intel HD 630).

I upgraded the SSD to a Samsung 512GB 960 Pro M.2 (cloned the original 128GB w/the OS on it using Macrium Reflect 7, no problems at all) and replaced the 8GB mem w/Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400 SODIMM. I would have gone 32GB or 64GB but the system wouldn't accept it. Those two upgrades allow it to boot to Windows in about 8 seconds, ditto for shutdown. Can play any games, watch any movies, and run VR games (the 1050ti is the minimum for that effectively). If I was to buy another today, I'd go same or higher on the SSD, 2 TB or higher on the HDD, and 32GB minimum on the memory. I'd like to have the 17", but the price jump to that along with additional weight isn't worth it.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanted a lighter (2.9 LB.) smaller laptop, with a SSD and a decent amount of memory (I don't store a lot of videos) so I went with this one:

HP ENVY 13" Touchscreen Laptop - 10th Gen Intel Core i7 - GeForce MX250 - 4K Ultra HD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 825 of 971 FirstFirst ... 325 725 775 815 823 824 825 826 827 835 875 925 ... LastLast