Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 812 of 972 FirstFirst ... 312 712 762 802 810 811 812 813 814 822 862 912 ... LastLast
Results 20,276 to 20,300 of 24289

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Interesting breakdown.
    I have bought a couple of books with no problems from Copper Dragon Books, both advertised as brand new, and they were! I think an Ellison and a Bloch, and I think the Bloch was a lettered.
    I've also bought quite a few books from AbeBooks and as far as I can recall never had any problems, although I can't really trust my aging memory. However, nothing stands out.
    I'm fairly certain my copy of THE SHINING is Fine+, but there are so many knick-knacks in front of it I hesitate to pull it out. It's not signed anyway.
    If you have a flawless shining, I’ll give ya $2000 for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I dug it out anyway.
    I was wrong, it is definitely not Fine +, and it has remainder speckling on the page bottoms, darn it. It's a true first, with the correct gutter code.
    I took some photos!
    Even though I haven't lived there in almost 40 years, I blanked out my old address.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Slightly difficult to ascertain, however the dust jackets do not come much better than your copy. The archival covering makes it tricky but that looks lovely to me.
    The colours are that bright and fresh.
    Unless I am missing something.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have been around this far less long and with far less success than many here, but I'll say that the colors on that jacket are some of the crispest I've seen. I really had no idea of the true colors of this jacket until I saw a picture from someone here of a truly fine jacket, and this one pretty much matches it. Extraordinary that you obtained this almost 40 years ago and have the original sales receipt!!

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to say I was surprised that you paid $60 for it in 1982. I would never have thought that a little over 5 years since release it was going that high.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Dang it, I got ripped off!
    I'm going to ask for a partial refund!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Dang it, I got ripped off!
    I'm going to ask for a partial refund!
    LOL....just my ignorance of market value back then. I was reading King at the library at that time. My 8th grade self couldn't afford the list price of books.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    I've been doing some work trying to find some specific SK books. I don't make it a practice to visit ABE as frequently as I do this site so maybe I visit there once every couple of weeks. I always search straight up on Stephen King and sort by the highest price. I always find it interesting to see who and what comprises the top 15-20 entries. I also look at the total number of SK items available for sale on ABE. I made particular note that today there were about 58.5K SK items for sale. Contrast that to maybe a year ago...or maybe two, when there were about 73K SK items for sale. That's a 20% decrease in supply in a short period of time. Have collectors been buying that much? Has ABE suddenly purged the erroneous ads? Any realistic guesses as to why the supply number has dropped? Thanks,

John

I would say that looking at a number of entries is not relevant. And it depends how you search it.
    If you search : Stephen King
    It may return books that contains "Stephen" and "King" in their description, but not necessarily "Stephen King"

Also, do not forget that Abebooks (being owned by Amazon), the listings are also on amazon. And it can be basic hardcover books, as well as limited / expensive editions. And the books may have been bought on amazon.

IMO, the number is not representing anything
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Anyone here subscribe to LOCUS?
    I'd like to know what they say about Mike Resnick on page 8 under 'People and Publishing'.
    I bought the last issue with the appreciations about him, but I do not want to buy the current issue to just read a few lines when that's all I'm interested in in the entire issue.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably jinxing myself....heard from my boss that my whole firm might close down end of this month...Parent company to remain but the "offshoot" I work for at night might close down. To be out of a job at age 60,,,,not so fun. Hope it does not happen, but fiscal year ends March 31 so this may be my last month here.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

I wish I was 60.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Probably jinxing myself....heard from my boss that my whole firm might close down end of this month...Parent company to remain but the "offshoot" I work for at night might close down. To be out of a job at age 60,,,,not so fun. Hope it does not happen, but fiscal year ends March 31 so this may be my last month here.
    That would be crap. If I recall correctly you were going to pay off your mortgage within a few years?
    I hope that everything will turn fine and cross my fingers for you
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any body here use edmodo?
    Drawing up plans for teaching from home...
    A few teachers I have use this but as my course is practical ive never needed it but it looks like our school maybe closing for awhile and need to get ahead of the game within a week!!! Any help or advise welcome.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Any body here use edmodo?
    Drawing up plans for teaching from home...
    A few teachers I have use this but as my course is practical ive never needed it but it looks like our school maybe closing for awhile and need to get ahead of the game within a week!!! Any help or advise welcome.
    We don't use edmodo in the current school I'm the director at, however, a couple of my older schools used it with success. You probably already know about the training videos, but just in case, this is the basic training video section I requested all my staff visit:

https://go.edmodo.com/training/

Hope this helps.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thats great... thanks for the help. How did the students find using online class based material as opposed to classroom based?

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats great... thanks for the help. How did the students find using online class based material as opposed to classroom based?
    Honestly, it's where they live now. I had more issues with my teachers versus the students....hahahahahahaha.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Honestly, it's where they live now. I had more issues with my teachers versus the students....hahahahahahaha.

Mulleins
    Story of my life. Lol

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry! That really sucks. I hope your boss is wrong

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Sorry to be late to the party on this one, but couldn't this just be a one-off joke for this one check? "The King in Yellow" is an alias for Hastur, a character in the Cthulhu Mythos.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope it doesn't happen, David! Good luck!

This in AWESOME!

---
    I got a couple news to share as well. The truth is that my mood was pretty weird since December due to the firing. I got some great news regarding the King world (I co-hosted the official podcast for The Outsider for HBO, wrote an article for a literary magazine here, I've just been hired to record a SK podcast for a radio show here and the Spanish publisher hired me to write a small book for Fnac (it's a major chain similar to Amazon in Spain) and work on the promotional campaign of IF IT BLEEDS for Spain), but it's not easy to be always on the lookout for a job. It seems this will be over by April (unless Coronavirus kill us all ) since I've been contacted by 3 companies of my previous field and with two I'm already under training.

So April might end up being a great month.

Or not
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Ari !

Fnac is originally a french chain, meaning that maybe your book could be sold in France too
    I didnt know that they were publishing their own books

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It will be a promo little book about King.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

WTF! Just got a newsletter from Gauntlet Press, where they are complaining that Amazon is going down a slippery slope of censorship by not selling certain books by KKK and Nazi supporters.

I have to disagree with his arguments. This is not censorship, as Amazon is just a retailer, not a branch of the US Government. People are free to buy these books from less scrupulous sellers. They can probably go to the library and get a copy.

This is just a personal choice that Amazon is making. It would be no different then if Pizza Hut decided they no longer wanted to offer pineapples as a topping on their pizza's. Amazon is not required to offer every book published in the history of the world.

If Barry feels so strongly about it, he can sell these books and steal Amazon customers.

Sorry for the rant. I feel better now.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    WTF! Just got a newsletter from Gauntlet Press, where they are complaining that Amazon is going down a slippery slope of censorship by not selling certain books by KKK and Nazi supporters.

I have to disagree with his arguments. This is not censorship, as Amazon is just a retailer, not a branch of the US Government. People are free to buy these books from less scrupulous sellers. They can probably go to the library and get a copy.

This is just a personal choice that Amazon is making. It would be no different then if Pizza Hut decided they no longer wanted to offer pineapples as a topping on their pizza's. Amazon is not required to offer every book published in the history of the world.

If Barry feels so strongly about it, he can sell these books and steal Amazon customers.

I was BLOWN AWAY by what he wrote... what is he thinking????
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

I was BLOWN AWAY by what he wrote... what is he thinking????
    He really, really does not like Amazon (which I get! it definitely caused, or at least help cause, the downfall of small bookstores across the US) and I think that this was more inspired by hating on Amazon than worrying about the free speech rights of fascists. People say the same thing about Twitter and Facebook and other private companies all the time - that because they have very large platforms, any exercise of their control over that platform is equivalent to censorship. Obviously this is not true "censorship" by those companies or by Amazon either, as amd013 is right - they are a private entity and are allowed to sell or not sell whatever they want. However, if you want to get really, truly worried, go read about the crusade against Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act (which is in pretty much near-constant peril), because changes to that could endanger our ability to converse over the internet, including on this very site.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 812 of 972 FirstFirst ... 312 712 762 802 810 811 812 813 814 822 862 912 ... LastLast