Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 803 of 971 FirstFirst ... 303 703 753 793 801 802 803 804 805 813 853 903 ... LastLast
Results 20,051 to 20,075 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Didn't post when it happened... BUT... my wife gets a call from her beloved Grandfather last Wednesday. She LOVES him like a father. He is 87 years old. We visited him a few weeks ago.. as he isn't well. Time was not on his side.... he called her to say goodbye. As final a goodbye as one can have. He had a doctor assisted suicide the following day.... He told her this. It didn't help her... it didn't make it easier or better. We may all wish to have a final "good bye" to the ones we love but when given that opportunity it doesn't make it easier. Will it in time for her? I am not sure... pretty shitty anyway you look at it though other than he is no longer in pain. I dread the 'goodbyes' that may come in my lifetime... I know that.
    He seemed to have been able to go when he wanted, after saying goodbyes to the people that really meant a lot to him.
    It's sad, but it also doesnt sound like the worst way to go.
    He's now resting in peace, but my thoughts are with you and your wife
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Didn't post when it happened... BUT... my wife gets a call from her beloved Grandfather last Wednesday. She LOVES him like a father. He is 87 years old. We visited him a few weeks ago.. as he isn't well. Time was not on his side.... he called her to say goodbye. As final a goodbye as one can have. He had a doctor assisted suicide the following day.... He told her this. It didn't help her... it didn't make it easier or better. We may all wish to have a final "good bye" to the ones we love but when given that opportunity it doesn't make it easier. Will it in time for her? I am not sure... pretty shitty anyway you look at it though other than he is no longer in pain. I dread the 'goodbyes' that may come in my lifetime... I know that.
    Every time I visited my grandmother over the last 20-some years, we made it a point of treating it as if it would be the last time we spoke; it always ended with an I Love You and See You Next Time, knowing that there might not be and one day for sure there wouldn't be. The last time I saw her, in September, I think we both knew there probably wouldn't be a next time; she made a comment as such, but of course we joked about it and moved on. We still said I Love You and See You Next Time, but it was different. I don't regret for a second having that last conversation and saying that final goodbye, and I'll bet ... with time ... your wife won't either. The regret of loss and being unable to help someone you love is a strong and devastating emotion, but the memories of love will win out in the end.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

So I just found out that the guy that runs another message board that I'm a part of (and have been for about 20 years now) just passed away from cancer. He was literally the owner and operator of the boards.

I'm not sure how I feel about it because I never met him IRL but we had a bit of a history together. Both good and bad. He hadn't been actually active on the board in about 10 years but he continued to pay the bills and do all the upgrades for it. His wife was also a member but AFAIK, hasn't said anything about what will happen in the future. The place isn't as active as it was 10 or 15 years ago but it's a decent-sized community.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    So I just found out that the guy that runs another message board that I'm a part of (and have been for about 20 years now) just passed away from cancer. He was literally the owner and operator of the boards.

I'm not sure how I feel about it because I never met him IRL but we had a bit of a history together. Both good and bad. He hadn't been actually active on the board in about 10 years but he continued to pay the bills and do all the upgrades for it. His wife was also a member but AFAIK, hasn't said anything about what will happen in the future. The place isn't as active as it was 10 or 15 years ago but it's a decent-sized community.
    It's understandable that you would feel some sense of loss. I know I would for anyone here even if I never actually met them.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Thefarside.com
    Uncommon, unreal, and (soon-to-be) unfrozen.
    A new online era of The Far Side is coming!

Gary Larson updated The Far Side website for the first time in almost 20 years, leading to a lot of speculation that he's bringing the strip back.
    Honestly, the wording is so vague that he could just be making the existing strips available online, but there's hope!
    The new site is live and Larson will be periodically publishing new material starting in 2020.

thefarside.com/about
    Mark Twain

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone ever noticed that this site has the highest concentration of accredited movie critics than any other site on the world wide web? lol lol lol

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Those whose last names aren't Weinstein or Wienstien or whatever and who can't afford expensive casting couches and Italian sports cars to present to aspiring actresses after 'introducing' themselves to these debutantes on said couches, become critics instead. It's a lot cheaper and doesn't (usually) lead to jail time, although it's a lot less fun. Until one lands in jail (unless you think that's fun).
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Those whose last names aren't Weinstein or Wienstien or whatever and who can't afford expensive casting couches and Italian sports cars to present to aspiring actresses after 'introducing' themselves to these debutantes on said couches, become critics instead. It's a lot cheaper and doesn't (usually) lead to jail time, although it's a lot less fun. Until one lands in jail (unless you think that's fun).

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear this, Kris.

I'm glad that he was able to go on his own terms - something that's not possible in a lot of places - but I'm sad that your wife didn't get the goodbye she might have liked.

I do think that time will make it easier, at least I hope so. Lots of losses for a number of people in the community this year.

Traveler saginaw has a spectacular aura about saginaw has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Merry Christmas! May everyone have a shiny new book under the tree!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Merry Christmas!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by saginaw View Post
    Merry Christmas! May everyone have a shiny new book under the tree!
    Ditto!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Merry Christmas Everyone!!.....

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A very merry and happy Christmas to everyone.
    Id like to thank everyone here for great games and conversion. Christmas is a time to make beautiful memories and I really do wish you the best...
    No book under my tree, but a Patriots hoodie will do.
    God bless you all. X

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

May your world be filled with warmth and good cheer this Holy season, and throughout the new year. Wishing all my DT family a Merry Christmas and may this festival bring abundant joy and happiness in your life as well as your family.

Merry Christmas

Ralph Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Merry Christmas everybody !

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Merry Christmas:

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Merry Christmas!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Merry Ho Ho to my King fam!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Hey,

Could anyone please help me with the following infos?
    - 2017 - The Colorado Kid, by PS Publishing : how many illustrations by Dave Mc Kean are there? 18?
    - 2018 - Night Shift, by CD : 20 B&W illustrations by Chris Odgers? Has the book been available or not yet, actually? Is there a portfolio?
    - 2018 - Sleeping Beauties, by CD : how many illlustrations by Jana Heidersdorf? Is there a portfolio?
    - 2018 - Misery, by Suntup : how many ilustrations by Rick Berry?
    - 2019 - The Stand, PS Publishing : 30 color illustrations & 6 double page by Don Maitz, is that accurate?
    - 2019 - Revival, LetterPress Publications : 16 color illustrations including 6 double pages by Francois Vaillancourt, is that correct?

Feel free to send me in private some pictures of the illustrations, if you dont mind
    Were there any other illustrated editions since 2018? Besides the Tommyknockers (PS Publishing), and Gwendy's Button Box (SST Publications)

Thanks !

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Were there any other illustrated editions since 2018? Besides the Tommyknockers (PS Publishing), and Gwendy's Button Box (SST Publications)

Thanks !
    The Stand (PS Publishing)
    Also the Dave McKean portfolio for night shift (9 signed)

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks a lot !
    Wasnt the NIGHT SHIFT by PS from 2017?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 803 of 971 FirstFirst ... 303 703 753 793 801 802 803 804 805 813 853 903 ... LastLast