Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 795 of 971 FirstFirst ... 295 695 745 785 793 794 795 796 797 805 845 895 ... LastLast
Results 19,851 to 19,875 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Just curious, ruined how?

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Glad to hear that her pain subsided Tim, I hope it truly turns out to have been a single passing occurrence.

Off-topic (If such a thing can exist in this thread), I'm sad that we're not doing Secret Santa this year.
    We did not do it last year. It was ruined.
    Yeah it was ruined. I’ll never do it again. Others can feel free to do it but I’ll have no part of it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Going into it is just beating a dead horse. It won't fix the problems that happened, and would just stir up bad feelings.
    It's an open thread, so if someone wants to talk about it, that's fine, but I myself don't feel like rehashing the issues.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Thank you so much everyone for the outpouring of support. It reaffirms to me that this is a good community in both large ways and small and I sincerely appreciate it. Really and truly.

An update: the early part of the experience went much as George described. Then, when she was finally able, she answered as many questions as she could (which turned out to be a good number of them), and between those answers and the first series of test results, they effectively ruled out most of the common causes of intense abdominal pain. At this point the intense pain has subsided (for now); there is some inflammation and also her stomach is sore from essentially clenching her abs as hard as she possible could for hours and hours.

The next steps, which we are navigating now, are to decide what level of medical scrutiny to subject a 4-year-old to in order to determine if there is traceable etiology - was this a one-off that they just can't put their finger on? Or is there potentially some underlying problem that may cause this again in the future? This part is definitely not as hard as watching your child experience extreme pain and not being able to do anything, but it's still no picnic.

My wife is a nurse, and I was trained as an epidemiologist, so pretty much I have spent the last couple of days alternating between distracting myself with TDT (and reading and re-reading the Suntup announcement about 1,000 times - that's some good escapism, right there) and reading journal articles and case reports about kids presenting with intense abdominal pain. The latter has resulted in me asking my wife "what about Problem X/Y/Z?" a hundred times, and her explaining to me a hundred time that the doctors already thought about Problem X/Y/Z and that's why they did Thing A/B/C.

The bottom line is that we are not done trying to figure out what happened, but at some point soon we will need to be, even if we don't have a solution, because my incredible daughter can only be expected to endure so much on top of the already nightmarish experience of being suddenly struck with excruciating pain.

Again, thank you so much everyone for your positive thoughts - it really does mean a lot to me.
    Just getting caught up on the thread... Tim, I’m sorry your child (and your family) had this horrible experience. As a father of three, one of whom who was hospitalized frequently his first couple years, I understand the terrible feeling of helplessness. I’m happy to hear she is doing much better. Hopefully the cause will be something minor. Best to you all.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tim, I'm glad your daughter's pain is subsiding, and I do hope they find some cause, so that you know what it was. I still have my fingers firmly crossed for you and your family!

Ari, wow that was a lot of fun to read, congratulations. It's supercool that you are getting to do all of these things as a result of your longtime passion for King. Must feel nice to be called an influencer.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Preparing to host my son's wedding and reception in my back yard. 90+ people. Lots of fun, but hectic too. 2.5 hours before ceremony.

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And yet here you are.

Go
    Drink
    Enjoy

And say congratulations to your son and new daughter-in-law for me.

Carl
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The people here are my family too.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jerome!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Then why weren’t we invited??

Kidding... congratulations to you and your son!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Have a blast, El Jefe!!!!

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations...
    If you need entertainment I hear Jon is available as a stripper..

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Preparing to host my son's wedding and reception in my back yard. 90+ people. Lots of fun, but hectic too. 2.5 hours before ceremony.
    And yet here you are.
    Then why weren’t we invited??
    Hark, I believe we have been slighted.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Tide went out today!!!! 46-41!!! Huge win for LSU!!!!

I just love it when Bama loses!!!! lol

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Just had the worst experience with AT&T. Was supposed to have three new iPhones delivered today, but the delivery was cancelled without my knowledge. Tried to reschedule the delivery but was told we would have to reorder the phones. Then was told that since a case would have to be opened because of the cancellation, the reorder couldn’t happen for a few more days.

In short, we cancelled with AT&T, and now have to find a new carrier. What a pain!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to you and your son!!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Thank you so much everyone for the outpouring of support. It reaffirms to me that this is a good community in both large ways and small and I sincerely appreciate it. Really and truly.

An update: the early part of the experience went much as George described. Then, when she was finally able, she answered as many questions as she could (which turned out to be a good number of them), and between those answers and the first series of test results, they effectively ruled out most of the common causes of intense abdominal pain. At this point the intense pain has subsided (for now); there is some inflammation and also her stomach is sore from essentially clenching her abs as hard as she possible could for hours and hours.

The next steps, which we are navigating now, are to decide what level of medical scrutiny to subject a 4-year-old to in order to determine if there is traceable etiology - was this a one-off that they just can't put their finger on? Or is there potentially some underlying problem that may cause this again in the future? This part is definitely not as hard as watching your child experience extreme pain and not being able to do anything, but it's still no picnic.

My wife is a nurse, and I was trained as an epidemiologist, so pretty much I have spent the last couple of days alternating between distracting myself with TDT (and reading and re-reading the Suntup announcement about 1,000 times - that's some good escapism, right there) and reading journal articles and case reports about kids presenting with intense abdominal pain. The latter has resulted in me asking my wife "what about Problem X/Y/Z?" a hundred times, and her explaining to me a hundred time that the doctors already thought about Problem X/Y/Z and that's why they did Thing A/B/C.

The bottom line is that we are not done trying to figure out what happened, but at some point soon we will need to be, even if we don't have a solution, because my incredible daughter can only be expected to endure so much on top of the already nightmarish experience of being suddenly struck with excruciating pain.

Again, thank you so much everyone for your positive thoughts - it really does mean a lot to me.
    Because you all have been so utterly kind and genuine in your concern, and I greatly appreciate it, I wanted to give you the conclusion to the saga.

We have narrowed down a very likely cause (it's impossible to confirm 100% that this was the case but it's the most likely scenario).

While we were debating about how far exactly to take the testing, we dug relatively deep into our family medical histories on both sides. This led to a possible inherited genetic condition which occurs in my family and for which I am a carrier. The last tests that we did confirmed that my daughter does indeed have the genetic markers for the condition - a blood protein disorder. It presents in different ways, and one of the rarer ways is relatively random extreme abdominal pain. The triggers are not well identified but can be related to stress, so it's possible that her bad cold from two weeks ago did play a factor.

So the good news is that we have a pretty good idea of what's up! The bad news is that the disorder is shitty. There are medicines that will stop the attack while it's occurring, but they are outrageously expensive and involve big needles. There's not really anything to do to prevent them as all of the triggers are not yet known. She's young, though, so hopefully the research will catch up in the long term, and in the shorter term we'll cross our fingers that the pharma situation here improves. The medicine that will stop an attack is available in the rest of the world for about 1/100th of the price so maybe we will be taking some international vacations...

Anyway, thanks again everyone for your kind words and support. They really did help me, psychologically, and I appreciate it.

Looking forward to catching up on some threads and making decidedly fewer sad posts!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad that you have some answers. Even if the answers aren't the best news, at least now you aren't as ignorant and impotent. Best of luck going forward.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Br!an said it perfectly. Knowing is half the battle, and medical research will help you with the other half. Wishing your daughter and your family the best of luck and care.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to you and yours, Jerome! May they live happily ever after.

Continued best wishes moving forward, Tim. Great that you some found answers and will be better equipped should there be another episode.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear that you may have a diagnosis, Tim. I know what it feels like when you don't feel well and know that something is wrong while doctors are unable to find anything, so I know it's no picnic for your daughter or the whole family. Fingers crossed for continued good news and positivity.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I hate snow. One month until winter and 8 inches or so outside already.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

~One month until winter and autumn hasn't arrived in Florida yet.

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Yeah December 21st feels extra far away. Feels like winter has been here a few weeks already!
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    ~One month until winter and autumn hasn't arrived in Florida yet.
    I think fall lasted maybe 4 days here.

The only months where it hasn't snowed so far this year are May thru September.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The last time it snowed here was 1976.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 795 of 971 FirstFirst ... 295 695 745 785 793 794 795 796 797 805 845 895 ... LastLast