Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 788 of 972 FirstFirst ... 288 688 738 778 786 787 788 789 790 798 838 888 ... LastLast
Results 19,676 to 19,700 of 24296

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    It’s going to be a stressful weekend as a get ready for surgery. Even though I’m 47, my doctor said I have the hip of a 70 year old. So a full hip replacement is in store on Monday morning. I’ve been looking forward to this surgery for years, as arthritis has just worn the joint away, so I’m glad the stars aligned (aka met my deductible), and I am finally able to make this happen.

The thing that is stressing me out the most is that I won’t be able to drive for a month. I know for the first couple weeks I’ll be in enough pain where I really won’t want to go anywhere, but after that, the driving options are either my wife or Lyft. But since I’m going to home for awhile, I’m trying to find plenty of shows on Netflix while also catching up on a number of books.

So, hopefully, I’ll be back in running form in a few months. I haven’t gone for a run since 2003, when my doctor told me that I could continue running or get a new hip. 16 years later, the time may have finally come!

Do you have a CD player at home? I have a few audio cd Sk duplicates if you want to listen to a book as you recuperate. Duma Key was great on audio!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

D.J. Lemahiue doubles with the bases loaded to drive in 3 runs.............................................. ..................................

10-4 Yankees!!!!!!!!!

Edit: And just for all you heathens out there that refuse to acknowledge my baseball posts, Yanks got a game 1 victory and game 2 starts at 2:00 pm, AZ time!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It’s going to be a stressful weekend as a get ready for surgery. Even though I’m 47, my doctor said I have the hip of a 70 year old. So a full hip replacement is in store on Monday morning. I’ve been looking forward to this surgery for years, as arthritis has just worn the joint away, so I’m glad the stars aligned (aka met my deductible), and I am finally able to make this happen.

The thing that is stressing me out the most is that I won’t be able to drive for a month. I know for the first couple weeks I’ll be in enough pain where I really won’t want to go anywhere, but after that, the driving options are either my wife or Lyft. But since I’m going to home for awhile, I’m trying to find plenty of shows on Netflix while also catching up on a number of books.

So, hopefully, I’ll be back in running form in a few months. I haven’t gone for a run since 2003, when my doctor told me that I could continue running or get a new hip. 16 years later, the time may have finally come!
    I'm sorry that you had to wait until such a stupid thing like meeting a deductible happened before you could get a necessary and life-enhancing procedure done (ROCK FLAG AND EAGLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEE), but have no doubt - there are lots of great shows on Netflix to binge, and you timed it just right to have a new 500+ page King novel to check out!

Even between Netflix and The Institute I know it's going to be a trying month, so best wishes for both the surgery and the recovery!

Show recommendation:
    American Horror Story - 8 seasons, don't worry about watching them in order, start with whichever sounds the most interesting

Book recommendations:
    The Institute - Have heard mixed reviews but I really want to read it, so...
    Brother - Sure you've read about it in the Suntup thread, and 100% worth it
    Blood Meridian - Perhaps the greatest book of all time

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the good wishes. I secured crutches and a walker today, so I’ll be all set to roam the house next week. Appreciate the Netflix recommendations too. The new puppy and I will be spending a lot of time together on the couch in front of the TV I’m sure.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

I'm sorry that you had to wait until such a stupid thing like meeting a deductible happened before you could get a necessary and life-enhancing procedure done (ROCK FLAG AND EAGLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEE), but have no doubt - there are lots of great shows on Netflix to binge, and you timed it just right to have a new 500+ page King novel to check out!

Even between Netflix and The Institute I know it's going to be a trying month, so best wishes for both the surgery and the recovery!

Show recommendation:
    American Horror Story - 8 seasons, don't worry about watching them in order, start with whichever sounds the most interesting

Book recommendations:
    The Institute - Have heard mixed reviews but I really want to read it, so...
    Brother - Sure you've read about it in the Suntup thread, and 100% worth it
    Blood Meridian - Perhaps the greatest book of all time
    Love, Love, Love Blood Meridian! Nice!

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the good wishes. I secured crutches and a walker today, so I’ll be all set to roam the house next week. Appreciate the Netflix recommendations too. The new puppy and I will be spending a lot of time together on the couch in front of the TV I’m sure.
    Well, again, good luck and for what it's worth, be sure to take some time to read "The Institute". FWIW I read it and enjoyed it!! Certainly not his best work, but not his worst either. On a par with "Revival" and "The Outsider" both of which I enjoyed as well. His days of putting out books like "The Stand" and "The Shining" appear to be behind him, but it still can produce a quality read, IMHO.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck, Brian and here's to a speedy recovery! Don't get hooked on any daytime soaps
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck, Brian. I’m sure you’ll be out running in no time.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That’s good to know about The Institute. I’m halfway through The Outsider right now, but will be going to B&N tomorrow to pick up more books.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Apologies to, Brian and his very serious situation, but............................................... .................................................. ...........................

TWINS vs YANKEE'S GAME 2:

8-0 Yankee's, top of the 4th!!!! Sir Didi hit a GRAND SALAMI in the bottom of the 3rd to cap a 7 run inning!!!!!!!! Tanaka is dealing!! Wild Bill the Bronx Bomber fan can barely contain his joy!!!!!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe I posted back in July that our dog, Lucy was diagnosed with cancer. Yesterday afternoon, she succumbed and we're just brokenhearted R.I.P Lou Dog.

You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really sorry to hear that Brian. I've lost many dogs in my time. One even sits on my book case now (tiger)
    my heart goes out to you all.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I've been really down in the dumps since my dog died, but today I picked up this rat terrier/jack russell terrier two year old from the humane society, and my spirits are soaring:

Great little dog... my neighbour has one she sixteen...
    Full of life and messin.... enjoy

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear about Lucy, Brian. They really do become part of the family.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sending well wishes to you, Brian D, for your surgery. And condolences re Lucy, Brian861... Sad news, she looks like a beauty.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear it, Brian. Cancer's a bitch.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

You have my deepest sympathies, Brian.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

My condolences Brian.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, guys. We truly appreciate it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

With all due respect for everyone experiencing significant loss or medical issues and their subsequent period of mourning or depression, but DAMN if this thread isn't getting very depressing lately in and of itself!!! Someone has got to be celebrating something somewhere for the love of God!!! If so, please post about it NOW!!!!

I can't be the only one looking for a reason to be happy and I recently lost an appendage and I'm still smiling!!!! lol

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'm happy with my new dog.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I'm happy with my new dog.
    There we go!!! Congrats, Steve and long may you be so!!!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

With all due respect for everyone experiencing significant loss or medical issues and their subsequent period of mourning or depression, but DAMN if this thread isn't getting very depressing lately in and of itself!!! Someone has got to be celebrating something somewhere for the love of God!!! If so, please post about it NOW!!!!

I can't be the only one looking for a reason to be happy and I recently lost an appendage and I'm still smiling!!!! lol
    Bill, if I haven't said it before, hot damn I do like having you around!

Started a "new" job two weeks ago; new as in with the same company (L3Harris) and kinda the same job (Logistics Manager), but new realm for me in customer and systems supported. I've ALWAYS supported Radar or Telescope systems (Ballistic Missile Early Warning System, Space Surveillance Telescope, GLOBUS II, etc.) now I've moved over into Army Satellite Communications and the WSOTS II program. All DoD isn't the same, so a small adjustment necessary for Army work, namely speaking slower and using smaller words :-) This may be a temp thing anyway, 9 - 12 months, as we're bidding on $1B+ contract that, if we win, I'm on tap to be the "Product Support Integrator" for; fancy words for the guy who'll be responsible for pulling everyone and everything together to make it happen.

Reading that, I don't know whether it's depressing or not!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Just be sure you look in the right end of the telescope.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 788 of 972 FirstFirst ... 288 688 738 778 786 787 788 789 790 798 838 888 ... LastLast