Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 780 of 971 FirstFirst ... 280 680 730 770 778 779 780 781 782 790 830 880 ... LastLast
Results 19,476 to 19,500 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hang in there. Good MOJO sent to Florida and Nova Scotia.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I just read that it may increase to a Cat 4 for Florida. They were predicting a Cat 3 which would be bad enough. A Cat 4 would be devastating. And of course sending good thoughts to Nova Scotia.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Yeah not exactly sure at this point. He is already in jail for another offense, but now that the fingerprints matched a new arrest warrant will be issued.

I need to update my insurance company on the recovery. I remember they said something about them wanting to know the status so they could sue the burglar to get back the money.
    Dude probably doesn't have a pot to piss in.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

The Twins are only 7 home runs short of setting a new record and I. am. h y p e d.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing that letter Peri!! Much obliged, it’s a fun read.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    As some of you may remember my has was burglarized back in May. Someone tried to sell a couple of my books to Half Priced Books, and they took pics and sent them to the police with the suspects name. The suspect already had an arrest warrant out for him for another burglary.

Apparently he was arrested some time ago, and today the detective working on my case called and said the fingerprints they took from my home finally came back and it matched the suspect. They then went and searched his home and found he still had the two books (with slipcases from Jeff Whiley). Unfortunately that was the only property of mine they found. The two books recovered were "It" and "The Dead Zone". I had already replaced "It" and the slipcase, but I hadn't found a replacement for TDZ yet.

So so far, of the 17 books stolen I still need to replace 4 (1 I had duplicate of, 1 recovered, 11 purchased or gifted to me). The 4 I am still looking for are:

1: Carrie
    2: Night Shift
    3: The Stand
    4: The Gunslinger

(in other words the hard ones)

Wondering what happens next : I guess he gets arrested and awaits a trial of some sort.
    But is it likely that you get a financial compensation of some sort for what you got stolen?
    Like, he'll have to pay you X amount?
    Yeah not exactly sure at this point. He is already in jail for another offense, but now that the fingerprints matched a new arrest warrant will be issued.

I need to update my insurance company on the recovery. I remember they said something about them wanting to know the status so they could sue the burglar to get back the money.
    They will charge him for the residential burglary at your place in addition to any other pending charges. He will most likely take a plea deal. Since he is a repeat criminal he will probably go to prison. The court will order costs and restitution. He will eventually be paroled. The conditions of his parole/probation will include paying the fines assessed by the court. He won't be completely free until he pays the fines. This is a years long process.

I don't know about Texas, but many states have a restitution fund that will compensate the victims quickly. They will pursue the guy for the money and the victim doesn't have to suffer even more by waiting years for restitution.

You should certainly keep your insurance rep updated. I doubt it would be worth it for them to sue him, but they can make their own decision.

edit: If your insurance covers the loss, they are entitled to the restitution.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone else get the feeling that Br!an stayed (or lives) in a Holiday Inn Express last night?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I just read that it may increase to a Cat 4 for Florida. They were predicting a Cat 3 which would be bad enough. A Cat 4 would be devastating. And of course sending good thoughts to Nova Scotia.
    It was predicted to be a Cat 1 the other day. The strength increased rapidly. It jumped to a Cat 3 prediction in about three hours. It in now predicted to be a Cat 4 when it makes landfall on the coast.

Where on the coast is the question. It is too soon to tell. It will eventually go north. The sooner the better.

Here's a map of the projected track with my home marked on it.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

I'm an hour northwest of Brian and watching it carefully.

Country
    Country Flag

Batten down the hatches, folks and be safe!

Country
    Country Flag

Down south the term is "hunker down."

Lowe's is out of plywood and generators. (They will get more.) I watched a shipment of generators being sold today. It must have taken 10 minutes to sell them all.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Down south the term is "hunker down."

Lowe's is out of plywood and generators. (They will get more.) I watched a shipment of generators being sold today. It must have taken 10 minutes to sell them all.
    Wow!

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Hunker down and stay safe y'all.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Oh man, good luck to anyone in Florida. Hope you're able to stay safe!
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm praying for the Everglades too.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    It was predicted to be a Cat 1 the other day. The strength increased rapidly. It jumped to a Cat 3 prediction in about three hours. It in now predicted to be a Cat 4 when it makes landfall on the coast.

Where on the coast is the question. It is too soon to tell. It will eventually go north. The sooner the better.

Here's a map of the projected track with my home marked on it.

To me, it kind of looks like it goes straight to Mar-a-Lago
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Northern Tool has generators
    We have many stores in Florida!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Underwhelming in my opinion...
    Currently listening to "Fear inoculum", the new Tool album from spotify : https://open.spotify.com/album/7acEciVtnuTzmwKptkjth5

And frankly, although I LOVED the previous ones, I am half way through it, and highly disappointed so far.

For instance:
    - the track who gave the title to the album, I couldnt help but think about 10000 days during this one.
    - litanie contre la peur : whats the point of this one? did they just discover autotune and wanted to play with it?

13 years for that album... what a waste
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Underwhelming in my opinion...
    Currently listening to "Fear inoculum", the new Tool album from spotify : https://open.spotify.com/album/7acEciVtnuTzmwKptkjth5

And frankly, although I LOVED the previous ones, I am half way through it, and highly disappointed so far.

For instance:
    - the track who gave the title to the album, I couldnt help but think about 10000 days during this one.
    - litanie contre la peur : whats the point of this one? did they just discover autotune and wanted to play with it?

13 years for that album... what a waste
    I like it overall. There are a couple of really good tracks. I agree that some is more experimental, but they limited that to a couple of minutes.

Country
    Country Flag

The latest track of Dorian has a major hurricane skirting the Florida coast. That means hurricane winds on land. The more it stays out to sea the better. The sooner the turn north tomorrow the better.

I live on a barrier island.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Any update on Bill?

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I am leaving to go to my brothers for Dorian. I have been in Florida 3 cancerous years and have evacuated for 3 major hurricanes. Matthew didn't come in my house, but destroyed my garages with major flooding and decimated my yard and the dock is still gone. Irma flooded some in the garages but not much. Now this. I have been trying desperately to go back north, job hunting, where there are no catastrophic events like this. The major debate if bigfoot truly exists versus why people want to subjugate themselves by living in Florida is something that has vexed me since I have been here. If I have to work at Subway back home, I will do so to never have to go through this ever again. Let's not forget the time it takes to pack and move and unpack and move my books.

I pray for everyone that they don't have to go through what I have been through, and for this catastrophic event coming. The Bahamas will never recovery. And guess what? There is another disturbance coming off of Africa that will be watched and talked about in about 1-2 weeks. Awesome!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone in the South needing a place to stay to get away from Dorian, I have extra bedrooms here in Virginia. We may see some remnants here, but nothing like the South will see.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I am leaving to go to my brothers for Dorian. I have been in Florida 3 cancerous years and have evacuated for 3 major hurricanes. Matthew didn't come in my house, but destroyed my garages with major flooding and decimated my yard and the dock is still gone. Irma flooded some in the garages but not much. Now this. I have been trying desperately to go back north, job hunting, where there are no catastrophic events like this. The major debate if bigfoot truly exists versus why people want to subjugate themselves by living in Florida is something that has vexed me since I have been here. If I have to work at Subway back home, I will do so to never have to go through this ever again. Let's not forget the time it takes to pack and move and unpack and move my books.

I pray for everyone that they don't have to go through what I have been through, and for this catastrophic event coming. The Bahamas will never recovery. And guess what? There is another disturbance coming off of Africa that will be watched and talked about in about 1-2 weeks. Awesome!
    Wow, Joe. Can't believe it's been 3 years already.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Anyone in the South needing a place to stay to get away from Dorian, I have extra bedrooms here in Virginia. We may see some remnants here, but nothing like the South will see.

Mulleins
    Aw. How nice.
    Yes everyone, get your stuff off the floor and go!
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

+ Reply to Thread
Page 780 of 971 FirstFirst ... 280 680 730 770 778 779 780 781 782 790 830 880 ... LastLast