Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 616 of 972 FirstFirst ... 116 516 566 606 614 615 616 617 618 626 666 716 ... LastLast
Results 15,376 to 15,400 of 24289

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    St. Troy made his argument and you have made yours. Stopping lowering yourselves by ignoring him and making snarky comments. That does nothing to move the conversation forward. Just makes you look like asses.
    I don't think he expects anything more or less from a member of the "crayon crowd."
    Then show him otherwise.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    It sounds more like he's calling for insurrection.
    I see why it sounds that way. Although it may be a fine point, what I am doing is pointing out that there may be assassination attempts on faithless electors if Trump is prevented from taking office, and expressing agreement with the logic behind such action as I would share their total outrage. But to be clear - I won't try to harm anyone myself if that happens nor would I (in person or online) try to whip anyone up ("let's go get them!" etc.). These posts, here, are about as far as I go (that, and voting again in 2020).
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    It sounds more like he's calling for insurrection.
    I see why it sounds that way. Although it may be a fine point, what I am doing is pointing out that there may be assassination attempts on faithless electors if Trump is prevented from taking office, and expressing agreement with the logic behind such action as I would share their total outrage. But to be clear - I won't try to harm anyone myself if that happens nor would I (in person or online) try to whip anyone up ("let's go get them!" etc.). These posts, here, are about as far as I go (that, and voting again in 2020).
    The electors would be acting rationally, Constitutionally and completely within their rights. (Written in Crayon.)

The assassin would be acting irrationally and illegally by committing a violent felony in violation of State law and The Constitution.

I support the former (however they vote) and you support the latter (whomever they kill). I suppose that about sums it up.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

St. Troy made his argument and you have made yours. Stopping lowering yourselves by ignoring him and making snarky comments. That does nothing to move the conversation forward. Just makes you look like asses.
    I don't think he expects anything more or less from a member of the "crayon crowd."
    Then show him otherwise.
    You are absolutely right Joe. Considering what the American public, and the world for that matter, has experienced during this election cycle, maturity is in short order. It's hard for me to rise above it but I will try. Apologies to the thread.

On another note, it's being reported that Clinton has received more votes than any other presidential candidate in history.

EDIT: The last part of my statement is wrong, see post below

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Your Hobby Is Action, Not Accumulation

Hobbies are wonderful to have, but it’s just as easy to lose sight of what your hobby actually is, in the rush to buy things that support it. From time to time, remind yourself that your hobby is about doing things, not accumulating things.

The more involved you get, the more you move towards just collecting things instead of actually enjoying your hobby, says The Simple Dollar. Take something as simple as a love of reading. It starts off with you reading as much as you can get your hands on. Slowly, you start buying books and storing them to read in the future. Your library grows, but not the number of books you’ve read.

That’s the time you need to remind yourself about what your hobby really is. If you planned to go to a bookstore, dedicate that time to actually reading a book you’ve been meaning to open instead. In your calendar, schedule activity time around your hobby. You’ll soon find your desire to collect will diminish, and you’ll be happier you’re actually indulging your passion. And don’t fall into the trap of convincing yourself that collections will make money in the future.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I see she is about 65 million right now. Didn't Obama have close to 70M in 2008?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm convinced. I'll sell my collection now.

Yeah, right...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I'm convinced. I'll sell my collection now.

Yeah, right...
    Yeah man, don't sell it, just donate it to me. I'm illiterate anyway so that whole "reading" thing goes right out the window.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I see she is about 65 million right now. Didn't Obama have close to 70M in 2008?
    Here is the article from International Business Times by way of Yahoo. I tried finding it on their website but could not. It does in fact appear to be wrong. Obama had close to 70M the first time and close to 66M the second time (according to wikipedia). I can't get anything right today. I should just go away.

Hillary Clinton Gets More Votes Than Any Candidate Ever

Country
    Country Flag

Then show him otherwise.
    You are absolutely right Joe. Considering what the American public, and the world for that matter, has experienced during this election cycle, maturity is in short order. It's hard for me to rise above it but I will try. Apologies to the thread.

On another note, it's being reported that Clinton has received more votes than any other presidential candidate in history.
    No worries Tommy. I appreciate the discourse this site offers. We have to hope that Trump has our best interests at heart but prepare for the worst so that we are ready to fight back.

Country
    Country Flag

Here is the article from International Business Times by way of Yahoo. I tried finding it on their website but could not. It does in fact appear to be wrong. Obama had close to 70M the first time and close to 66M the second time (according to wikipedia). I can't get anything right today. I should just go away.

Hillary Clinton Gets More Votes Than Any Candidate Ever
    I saw that one too. They need to finish the sentence to say "except for Obama in 2008 and 2012." She may end up with the most when all is said and done.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Your Hobby Is Action, Not Accumulation

Hobbies are wonderful to have, but it’s just as easy to lose sight of what your hobby actually is, in the rush to buy things that support it. From time to time, remind yourself that your hobby is about doing things, not accumulating things.

The more involved you get, the more you move towards just collecting things instead of actually enjoying your hobby, says The Simple Dollar. Take something as simple as a love of reading. It starts off with you reading as much as you can get your hands on. Slowly, you start buying books and storing them to read in the future. Your library grows, but not the number of books you’ve read.

That’s the time you need to remind yourself about what your hobby really is. If you planned to go to a bookstore, dedicate that time to actually reading a book you’ve been meaning to open instead. In your calendar, schedule activity time around your hobby. You’ll soon find your desire to collect will diminish, and you’ll be happier you’re actually indulging your passion. And don’t fall into the trap of convincing yourself that collections will make money in the future.
    This is sort of why my book "collection" is only books I've read or plan on reading. I don't buy books simply because they are signed by a certain person or because they are a limited edition in some way so they can simply sit on a shelf and collect dust.

Nothing against the people that do though. My wife collects Barbie dolls. We have tons of them throughout our house. So many in fact that we've run out of room for them. Our house is too small as it is and we really don't have the room to display them properly.

I've got a pretty large collection of Star Wars action figures (the ones that came out in the mid 90's, not the originals) and the thought has crossed my mind many times that I should just sell them. I have them hanging on a wall in my basement and I know I'll never get back what I paid for them. But I don't even look at them anymore. My wife wants me to keep them though...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Humans are funny creatures. I've always had some type of collection. Everyone in my family has had some sort of a collection at some point in their lives. To the folks that do have book and other collections, did/do other members of you family collect?

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

nice your wife wants you to keep the Star Wars figures.
    I've been dumping some old baseball/sport cards and trying to sell off stuff like bobbleheads, certain comics, etc. just to get them out of the house.
    I usually have about 75 or more items on Ebay all the time-with low sell prices I might add! But the day is coming when I will have to start selling some of the King items I have doubles, triples etc of.
    I'm going to make a larger effort in that regard after the X-mas holidays I hope!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Biblio.com has 15% off for 24 hours. Promo code: PEREGRINE

Country
    Country Flag

Humans are funny creatures. I've always had some type of collection. Everyone in my family has had some sort of a collection at some point in their lives. To the folks that do have book and other collections, did/do other members of you family collect?
    My mom has a 20+ pairs of the same salt and pepper shakers she has bought from antique shops over the years. Otherwise no one in my immediate family collects anything to the extent that I have been collecting books.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mother collects teapots - all sizes and shapes and colors. Don't know what the hell we'll do with all those things when she kicks off.

Me? Books and Vans slip-on shoes and Converse Chuck's low-rise shoes. Stopped counting my shoes at 100 pair a few years back.

I love hearing about people's collections. These stories/comments are great!

My mom had a huge teddy bear collection but eventually gave them away or sold them. She now collects chicken and rooster figures/plates.

My dad had a very large arsenal when he died. Mainly shotguns. Those have mostly been sold off as well since his death.

My oldest sister is the one that exposed me to King with her book collection. She also collects bells.

My middle sister collected porcelain dolls but I'm not sure if she still does or not.

My brother, who is passed now, collected all things NASCAR.

My youngest sister, though she is still older than me, collects pig figurines, stuffed pig animals, anything with pigs on them.

Currently, I have over 1,000 books but only a few hundred are of the collectible variety. Most are reading copies that in all likelihood I will never read again but it's always nice to have them around!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My brother has collected some stuff too, mostly a Magic the Gathering collection that we shared. Still have much of it, but liquidated a good portion of it earlier this year.

In addition to books I also have large music, movies and a moderate comic collection. I am definitely the collector in this family.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...when you try to pass off one of your political conclusions (such as "unfitness for duty") as an objectively observable fact, you miss the point (which is: we all listened to both candidates, and, despite just how wildly intelligent, compassionate and perceptive you find yourselves, Americans still formed their own opinions).
    Indeed, they formed an opinion, by NOT voting for Trump.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I collect. It is a problem. I am now much better than I was... Here is my list now... Books, King related art, Hallmark movie, comic related ornaments. What I used to collect? No one will take the time to read it all.. NO SHIT it was that much. My wife has convinced me to sell most of it off but the three I listed. I am ok with that.. but will eventually sell them some day too. As i age, I feel I want to downsize... Others get that feeling?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    ...when you try to pass off one of your political conclusions (such as "unfitness for duty") as an objectively observable fact, you miss the point (which is: we all listened to both candidates, and, despite just how wildly intelligent, compassionate and perceptive you find yourselves, Americans still formed their own opinions).
    Far more citizens didn't vote for him than did which gives me a modicum of hope for us all.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It gives you hope? Do you really feel Hillary was fit for the duty of being POTUS? I am more happy to see that 3rd party candidates had fairly decent results more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Far more citizens didn't vote for him than did which gives me a modicum of hope for us all.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. I think in my case my desire to downsize is/was directly related to stress. The less I have or want to have leaves less for me to worry about/put my energy towards.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    As i age, I feel I want to downsize... Others get that feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I collect. It is a problem. I am now much better than I was... Here is my list now... Books, King related art, Hallmark movie, comic related ornaments. What I used to collect? No one will take the time to read it all.. NO SHIT it was that much. My wife has convinced me to sell most of it off but the three I listed. I am ok with that.. but will eventually sell them some day too. As i age, I feel I want to downsize... Others get that feeling?
    I think about downsizing all the time but screw it, others can deal with my mess once I'm dead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 616 of 972 FirstFirst ... 116 516 566 606 614 615 616 617 618 626 666 716 ... LastLast