Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 971 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered my first Cargo Cult Press lettered book.

Michael McBride's "Remains". I have heard good things about him, and great things about CCP. I had the limited on order and was thinking if I enjoyed it I'd try to find the lettered. But, well.... try to find a lettered copy of "Population Zero" by Wrath James White. When a few of these came up for pre-order I couldn't resist. I'm sure Gunk will be proud of me!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the news Patrick!
    Geoff

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

When I was in the Whelan's house, Audrey told us that once Meat Loaf signed in her house for she and Michael
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Since everyone is sharing news I thought would include mine: I was recently accepted to Florida International University in Miami and to the University of South Florida in Tampa. I can either go to USF for the summer term and stay close to home or I can go to FIU in the fall and possibly get an apartment with my girlfriend. Decisions, decisions........

In collecting news I completed my 2009 goal of getting articles from certain papers (Maine Campus, Enterprise, Drum etc.). I guess I beter start on 2010's goal.....

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nt07077 View Post
    Since everyone is sharing news I thought would include mine: I was recently accepted to Florida International University in Miami and to the University of South Florida in Tampa. I can either go to USF for the summer term and stay close to home or I can go to FIU in the fall and possibly get an apartment with my girlfriend. Decisions, decisions........

In collecting news I completed my 2009 goal of getting articles from certain papers (Maine Campus, Enterprise, Drum etc.). I guess I beter start on 2010's goal.....
    Congrats! I would suggest going away for school. When your at college, it's nice to be on your own and living in your own community (the campus).
    Geoff

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Geoff.

Congratulations, nt, it's good to have choices.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Patrick!

Wiz, hang in there. Sounds like you got a great package that will help keep you and the family afloat and give you a good amount of time to find another job.
    Mark Twain

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Just ordered my first Cargo Cult Press lettered book.

Michael McBride's "Remains". I have heard good things about him, and great things about CCP. I had the limited on order and was thinking if I enjoyed it I'd try to find the lettered. But, well.... try to find a lettered copy of "Population Zero" by Wrath James White. When a few of these came up for pre-order I couldn't resist. I'm sure Gunk will be proud of me!
    No doubt you will be happy with either a lettered or limited "Remains" and if you buy a lettered "Market Adjustment", you will be positively amazed! Cargo Cult Press is on the cutting edge. Brian has his ducks in a row.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ooo - a new thread to subscribe to!

Huge congrats, Patrick! Gotta love the news of a new collector!!

And David, I've been there and it's true - everything happens for a reason. I got laid off a few years back after over 21 years and it was actually a blessing in disguise. I found a job I liked better, moved back to the midwest from NJ to be closer to my family, and haven't looked back! The one downside, though, is that if I hadn't been laid off I could've retired last year with a full pension. And seriously consider paying the $$ for COBRA if it gets to the point you're without benefits. Costly, but it saved my butt (long story). Hopefully, though, that won't happen!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, heres a funny and random story. I have something special on the way in the mail that is Whelan & King related. I was telling my girlfriend about it and she needed a lesson on Michael's history. I pointed out that he did the cover for Meat Loaf's "Bat Out of Hell" album.

Later that night we were at a thrift shop, when what do we find? Bat Out of Hell by Meat Loaf. After listening to it a few times, I am now tortured by having Paradise (By the Dashboard Light) stuck in my head.

Damn Meat Loaf.
    Oooooo, Eric, you will have to share when you get it. Hint hint, nudge nudge, know what I mean, know what I meah eh? (Monty Python reference)

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This seems to be a topic about everyone's mood:

I am really f***ing PISSED OF against a scottish university, where I graduated last year.
    In theory I graduated, but they were supposed to send me my diploma after the 20th of November : I dont have it... although I recieve alumni documents...

From today i'll nag them on the phone every 3 days, and if i DONT HAVE it in exactly 3 weeks, i'll write a letter to the head of the uni. (thanks for the idea Ari when u said you'll write a letter to King about CD)

I will need it to apply to master's degrees in Paris...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Okay, heres a funny and random story. I have something special on the way in the mail that is Whelan & King related. I was telling my girlfriend about it and she needed a lesson on Michael's history. I pointed out that he did the cover for Meat Loaf's "Bat Out of Hell" album.

Later that night we were at a thrift shop, when what do we find? Bat Out of Hell by Meat Loaf. After listening to it a few times, I am now tortured by having Paradise (By the Dashboard Light) stuck in my head.

Damn Meat Loaf.
    Oooooo, Eric, you will have to share when you get it. Hint hint, nudge nudge, know what I mean, know what I meah eh? (Monty Python reference)
    Keep your eyes on the New Pride and Joy thread. You should like it, thats for sure. Hint hint, nudge nudge, know what I mean, know what I meah eh? 8)

Or on second thought in the vein of Meat Loaf I could always say:

Let me sleep on it
    Davy, Davy
    Let me sleep on it.
    Davy, Davy
    Let me sleep on it -
    I'll give you an answer in the morning!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the Davy/Baby thing!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Eric, you are a riot!

Looking forward to your show and tell.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Today is my birthday and I've just received directly from the publisher, for free, Stephen King goes to the movies

And my girlfriend gave me, among several things, Secret Windows in dvd
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

you ever notice that you never hear the song 'let's get physical' at the doctor's office?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ari, congrats on your book from the publisher. Is it the new trade paperback? Or the upcoming limited hardcover?

Also, I moved the birthday greeting posts into their own thread for you.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Patrick!

Just the regular paperback edition.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I probably won't be around on the boards here for the next few days/weeks. My mother passed away this evening and, as executor of her estate, I'll be busy doing other things. I'll try to stop by occasionally, though, just to take my mind off things.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

John,

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your mother.

Sincerely,

Jerome Smith

Country
    Country Flag

John, I'm so sorry. Know we're here for you if you need us. My heartfelt condolences.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

John, you have my condolences and prayers.
    Mark Twain

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

John, I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goodmind to you and your family, John

~sarah

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

John, you are in my prayers , such a loss my sincerest sympathywe're here for you(((hug)))

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 971 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast