Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 351 of 972 FirstFirst ... 251 301 341 349 350 351 352 353 361 401 451 851 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,775 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As always you are in my thoughts TN.

I can empathize to some degree with your pain, it is very hard to stay strong for those you love when you know how things are most likely to end. I truly wish I was closer because you need support too. Remember to take some time out every now and then for yourself to cry/rant/relax here or anywhere you need.

Remember we are here for you anytime you need.
    Christine

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Hey thank you all for your PMs, positive thoughts, encouraging words and empathy. You have no idea how much it helped. I cant stress how much it means to me to know you guys are out there willing to lend an ear.
    Although my Saturday was pretty rough, Sunday was much better and this morning I feel strong again and ready to put the Strong Supportive Optimistic Hat back on.
    Thanks again for letting me vent and for being there.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Hey thank you all for your PMs, positive thoughts, encouraging words and empathy. You have no idea how much it helped. I cant stress how much it means to me to know you guys are out there willing to lend an ear.
    Although my Saturday was pretty rough, Sunday was much better and this morning I feel strong again and ready to put the Strong Supportive Optimistic Hat back on.
    Thanks again for letting me vent and for being there.
    I consider you a good friend TN and any time you want to vent is fine by me. The book signing stuff you do for me is wonderful. You're a lovely person. Glad you're feeling better. You're one of the good guys

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Phone interview on monday for a position based in Zurich (Switzerland). I am tempted to try to spend the week-end there to see if it's possible to live there without speaking english..
    Any swiss in here?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The new Black Sabbath album is amazing.

This detailed review brought to you by Diff.

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i know, its a return to the first few albums

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wish you the best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Phone interview on monday for a position based in Zurich (Switzerland). I am tempted to try to spend the week-end there to see if it's possible to live there without speaking english..
    Any swiss in here?

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

a Mad Max video game?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck, HW!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good luck HW!!!
    Christine

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

TN - Don't know if it would be applicable, or if there is an equivalent for your sister's case, but for my skin cancer surgeries they performed Mohs. In that they remove a layer at a time, and each layer is then examined under microscope for cancerous cells while you're there. If they see cells to the edge of an area, they go back and take off another layer in this direction or that direction until a layer is shown to be cancer cell free ... that means they got it all. This is compared to the old ice cream scoop method, where they take out the problem area and everything around it and hope for,the best. Yes it is invasive (as is the initial biopsy to determine exactly what is going on) and yes there is the possibility of complications, but to me it was well worth the risk. The longer you wait to take action, the more time the cancerous cells have to spread ... that's the real threat. Anyway, I've had three cancers removed, two of them the yucky invasive kind that can kill you, and I'm just fine now. Go in every 6 months for a checkup, lots of sunscreen, etc. If there is the surgical equivalent for your sister's tumor of a Mohs procedure, I'd highly recommend it. Best wishes.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Thanks for the info George. She has a "self contained mass" growing under the skin now encroaching her eye. Apparently skin cancer has been ruled out tho whether or not the tumor is some other type of cancer is yet to be determined. She's seen five doctors now and none will remove the tumor without a biopsy first. Ill pass your info onto her and she can discuss it with whichever doctor she finally chooses. The fact that you've have three cancers removed successful and you're still around to talk about it is very very encouraging. Thanks for that.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by different_seasons View Post

Quote Originally Posted by fearless-freak View Post
    i know, its a return to the first few albums
    I saw this today at the store. Maybe I should have bought it. I put it back because it looked like there were only 4-6 songs on the album.

Country
    Country Flag

eight actually

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by different_seasons View Post

I definitely agree! It sounds just like their '70s material, which is fantastic. I'm also a big Metallica fan, and it reminded me of their Death Magnetic album from a few years ago. When bands that have been around forever bring back the same type of sound that made them famous in the first place, it's a great sign.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

TN - A self-contained mass below the skin is different from what I had and what the Mohs procedure does for you. Mine were all surface visible and extended downward and outward; sounds like your sister's is a lump below the surface.

Personal opinion, she runs a greater risk leaving it in place with no action taken. Yes, perhaps a biopsy may spread cells, but then again it may not. If all docs are advising a biopsy first, there's probably a good reason. If the tumor is cancerous, the longer she waits the worse it will be, that risk factor versus doing nothing needs to be a serious consideration. Don't be afraid of the biopsy; get that thing out of there before it grows too large and it's too late. Just my personal opinion. Cancer is surviveable if you catch it early and get it out of there.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The view of the Black Forest fire from my son's elementary school yesterday afternoon. Doesn't look like it, but that's about 10 miles away to the northeast. The wind blew it northeast yesterday, and today it's going,northwest so we should be okay. The southwest corner of the pre-evacuation zone was maybe 15-20 minutes from our house. Good live info at www.kktv.com/livestream if anyone is interested.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nadine - My thoughts, as with all your other friends here on the forum, are with you during this trying time.

Chin up mate !!!!
    We all float down here!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Where the hell is "Bad Penny"?????
    I've been wondering the same thing.

John
    Right? He's back from Calli, isn't he? Weird!!!
    Yeppers, I'm back, and will be back in the swing of things shortly !!!!!!
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Twisted

Thanks George. Dont disagree with you but the decision isnt mine. Neither my sister nor my friend have started treatments yet but Im also of the opinion time is of the essence. Very frustrating. I appreciate your input.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I cheated on day 5 and now day 14 (day 9) on kicking the tobacco. Back on the wagon but damn this is rough. The good news is that I am feeling more and more confident and willing to kick this habit. Anything that can make me feel so crappy when trying to quit cannot be good for me. I keep telling myself that 20+ years of using I can deal with the discomfort for a month or two.

Back on the wagon but damn I feel stupid right now.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck, Ben. My son had tried stopping innumerable times and still is smoking.

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Best of luck, Ben. My son had tried stopping innumerable times and still is smoking.

John
    Thanks. Feels funny saying I am committed to quit but dammit I am.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah good luck to you Ben. I'm 44 now and I've been smoking for 32 years. Eek

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    Yeah good luck to you Ben. I'm 44 now and I've been smoking for 32 years. Eek
    I appreciate the vote of confidence.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 351 of 972 FirstFirst ... 251 301 341 349 350 351 352 353 361 401 451 851 ... LastLast