Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 347 of 972 FirstFirst ... 247 297 337 345 346 347 348 349 357 397 447 847 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,675 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good for you, Terry!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    WARNING!! RANT IN SPOILER!!! If you love CD and think they hung the moon DO NOT OPEN!!!

I know we all love CD these days, but... after the email I just read about adding $200 to my trade edition of The Dark Man, for a custom remarque, I am starting to feel a bit like this publisher is just squeezing until there is no more blood in the turnip.
    I mean come on $350 for a S/L that is 88 pages, $1750 for a numbered (I did not buy either, would rather put that money toward a The Stand s/l) and now another $200 for a remarque?
    Yes I know there are some/many collectors out there that will jump on this and it is probably already sold out at this point (COME ON PEOPLE!!) but really?
    At what point does it end? What's next? A published edition of the last 10 shopping lists written by Stephen King's chef's cousin's mom, for $300 with drawings of the items in between the pages?

I know, I know, but the numbered edition is on paper made by the dahli lahmah of northern Quebec and hand sewn by the future Queen of England herself... and that costs 5 times more then the papers and sewing in the numbered edition.

DISCLAIMER: I have yet to hold a numbered and letter edition of CD's books side by side to see just how much difference there really is in the "quality" of a numbered vs. lettered production. But tbh, I am thinking it is about the same difference as I heard back in the 80's in the $50 speakers I could get from Wal-Mart vs. the $500 speakers my cousin at the stereo electronics store wanted to sell me...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    I get why they did it, I really was just ranting which is why the spoiler tags. I don't begrudge them the profit they are getting instead of leaving it for after market sellers. However, I also don't agree with the excuse that the reason for the huge prices is better quality materials, I would respect them more if they just ponied up and said the price is cause that is what people will pay.

I was just in a bad mood already then that email hit and over the edge I went. I think they should start including these offers in the initial offering instead of tacking them on afterwords though, having dabbled in marketing myself adding additional charges after the initial sale is a big no no in my experience.
    Then don't buy it.

You can't begrudge a business for trying to make money (it's why they exist after all)....and the remarques they are selling are not "adding additional charges", they are a form of upselling. I commend their business savvy.

I bought the book, but passed on the remarque and I am happy with my purchase.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I was just wondering if these threads where we are supposed to "Get to know tdt.org staff members" appear in other sections besides Calvin's Corner? Or are we the only ones who are subjected to them? I'm sure I will come across sounding like the bad guy (again!) but WTF is up with these? I suppose if they are posted in other areas of thedarktower.org that is one thing. But if they are only appearing in Calvin's Corner I need to ask "Why?"
    Currently we are "getting to know" people who (to my knowledge) have never posted in Calvin's Corner and being asked questions mainly by other people who (to my knowledge) don't post in Calvin's Corner.
    Yeah, I know, I don't have to open and read the threads.....and I have pretty much stopped reading these. But I have gotten in the habit of reading every post in every thread in Calvin's Corner over the years and it is a hard habit to break.
    And still I ask: Why am I interested in knowing if someone I don't know has or hasn't had a homosexual experience (or other inane questions asked by someone else who never posts here).
    Feel free to flame away but I am still asking myself "WTF?"
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Thanks, carlos! I feel the same way.

John
    And I make three....although I can't say that I agree with the term "subjected"..that seems a little extreme.

As Jerome said...they are easy enough to ignore....which I now do.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Bob and John, you are correct. Technically, those threads should be in the Keystone Tower forum or, perhaps, the Shardik forum. However, the decision was made to place them in Calvin's Corner to encourage cross-pollination of the membership base.
    Patrick...take a look around. The announcement for each IS in Keystone Tower-In fact Path Of The Beam. The threads all redirect to Calvin's Corner.
    Dt.net insisted on "cross-pollinating" and it never worked. They (Dt.net) were almost punative. I suppose someone here will say they are being punished by these threads, but simply skip them. It is a "click in life" to bypass them.
    Fucking DT.NET.
    One of the reasons that I was given when i was kicked off was that I only posted in the COLLECTORS FORUMS.
    WTF?
    Bunch of hippy-commy assholes holding hands and singing "cumbaya" around a campfire while eating tofurkey sandwiches and granola.

Whew....a good rant gets the blood flowing!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the "Get To Know _____" threads. If the person is interesting, then the thread should be interesting. For example, Jerome's thread was NOT interesting.

... ... ... lol! Har har har!

I never view the website/community as different sections. I click on my TDT.org link in my favorites folder (near the top, under my email) and then immediately click on the top right "You Have ___ Unread Posts" link. I never miss a thread.

As far as cross-pollination is concerned, I do find it strange that the collectors and "others" are separate. Some intermingle (I try to), but I think what it comes down to is how involved in the website you are. Some people post in every thread, some people read every thread and only post sometimes, and so on ...

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't know how many chocolate fiends are out there - but if you like dark chocolate check out this link:

http://manoachocolate.com/

We are in Oahu this week and stumbled upon this little local chocolate shop that's been in business for the last 11 months - the best chocolate I've ever had (and I love dark chocolate). My wife is not a big chocolate fan and could not stop talking about this chocolate all day. It's on the high end - $9 a bar - but worth every penny - the one with the cocoa nibs and ghost pepper were our favorites - but the sea salt and goats milk were very good as well. I had never tasted chocolate like this before. We also learned the art of going from bean to bar - this isn't like your big mass producers - where every bar tastes the same. Imagine if you had to select the beans, roast them, process them, etc - it would be tough to get homogenous tasting food - unless you added other "things" which made the flavor consistent throughout the process, other additives (think hersheys, mars, etc.) - the chocolatear (I guess that's like a Mouseketeer that likes chocolate) is truly an artist - it was like creating a fine wine. I have bought the 6 pack - brings the price to $7/bar. Shipping to the US isn't bad either (I think only $6.50 to California). Although we are in Oahu now and will just bring some back with us. Plus the best part of stopping by the shop was tasting all of his chocolate and learning about the process. So if you love chocolate and have some spare dollars - take a chance on this one.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds cool, Chad. I love me some dark chocolate - I never go below 70% and I can easily stomach 86%. This sounds like true 'artisan chocolate' and also reminds me of a piece about The Third Wave of Coffee that I read yesterday. They have the exact same 'from bean to product' philosophy going on.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I was just wondering if these threads where we are supposed to "Get to know tdt.org staff members" appear in other sections besides Calvin's Corner? Or are we the only ones who are subjected to them? I'm sure I will come across sounding like the bad guy (again!) but WTF is up with these? I suppose if they are posted in other areas of thedarktower.org that is one thing. But if they are only appearing in Calvin's Corner I need to ask "Why?"
    Currently we are "getting to know" people who (to my knowledge) have never posted in Calvin's Corner and being asked questions mainly by other people who (to my knowledge) don't post in Calvin's Corner.
    Yeah, I know, I don't have to open and read the threads.....and I have pretty much stopped reading these. But I have gotten in the habit of reading every post in every thread in Calvin's Corner over the years and it is a hard habit to break.
    And still I ask: Why am I interested in knowing if someone I don't know has or hasn't had a homosexual experience (or other inane questions asked by someone else who never posts here).
    Feel free to flame away but I am still asking myself "WTF?"
    I'm not really interested in getting to 'know' the people I don't interact with on the site either. I already spend a lot of time online talking to you guys in The Corner and looking for books... so I don't feel the urge to spend even more time online in other parts of the community. I do check the 'unread posts' link to quickly scan for interesting threads elsewhere but I usually don't venture much beyond The Oracle and the 'What Are You Currently Reading' thread.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question for the group. Can anyone tell me how to recall "reputation" comments? I'd like to reread one that was recently left for me but can't seem to find the right menu or tab to get to them.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quick question for the group. Can anyone tell me how to recall "reputation" comments? I'd like to reread one that was recently left for me but can't seem to find the right menu or tab to get to them.
    Click on the "Settings" link in the upper right menu bar next to "My Profile". My old ones show up there under subscribed threads, but only the latest five. Beyond that, I'm stumped as well.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    As far as cross-pollination is concerned, I do find it strange that the collectors and "others" are separate.
    I feel the same way. It's almost as if CC is treated as an entirely different site, when in reality it's linked to every other sub-forum. Like other members, I read and post in both "areas" of the site. Not naming names, but there are more than a few occasions where, to me, it seems as if some CC posters don't want members outside the Corner to join in the discussion and sit at the "cool kids" table.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    Click on the "Settings" link in the upper right menu bar next to "My Profile". My old ones show up there under subscribed threads, but only the latest five. Beyond that, I'm stumped as well.
    Got it. Thanks!

Received this negative reputation comment the other night. Now I don't mind if someone wants to leave me a negative remark. In fact I kind of push the envelope in that direction sometimes. But I am confused by this anonymous comment and would like to respond in a non-anonymous manner. Here is the comment that was left and I have kept the grammatical inconsistencies and poor typing skills intact:

"For someone that contributes so little and subjective contentand conversation to this community you sure have a lot to say about how the rest of the site community interacts with one another. Food for thought ?"

I guess the part that baffles me is the part about "contributes so little." I have always thought of myself as a major contributor to the Calvin's Corner area of the site. I joined the site on May 4, 2007 a mere three days after the site's owner Jerome (aka Randall Flagg) joined on May 1, 2007. I've got over 4200 posts. Most of those posts have decent (I think) content and usually are done with a fair amount of thought beforehand. My post count is not significantly inflated by posts that contain one word responses or emoticons or lol's or whatever. I don't post responses just to up my post count. I usually think that I have something worthwhile to say or try to offer a different perspective. I frequently post pictures of new stuff that is going into my collection that I think others might be interested in whether it is strictly Stephen King or in the other authors area. For those of you who do the same you know that it takes quite a bit of time to take the photos, transfer them to a computer, load them to a hosting site and then put the link to the photos on this site. But I (we) do it because it is fun to do show and tell. We like to see others acquisitions and think that others enjoy seeing ours. I think I am pretty prompt in helping evaluate suspected King signature forgeries. I usually post my opinion in the appropriate thread promptly if I think my opinion would add something. And I can't begin to tell you how many times people have asked my opinion on a signature via PM or private e-mail. It is a lot and I have never let one go unanswered over the years. I log on to the site several times a day and read every post in the Calvin's Corner section and post replies, answers to questions, start new threads....whatever.

But I don't shy away from posting a negative comment or a contrary point of view when I feel so moved. (And, in a way, isn't that contributing too?) And being so intimately tied to Calvin's Corner I expressed an opinion that I really didn't care to read about interesting places that the moderators found to perform oral sex, whether or not they had participated in three way sex or what animal they would like to be reincarnated as (and on and on). Just my opinion. Nothing more. And it really doesn't carry much weight since, as Randall Flagg likes to point out, I am not a moderator.

I wonder if the negative reputation sender is referring to monetary contributions? I'll admit to not getting all gushy and teary-eyed over the Haven Fund but I have contributed in the past. And I have discussed at length my reluctance to participate very much in that with Merlin1958. I think he understands my point of view.

So, I guess my question to the anonymous leaver of negative comments in my reputation section is this: Exactly what kind of contributions do you find lacking, motherfucker?

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm with Bob.

My following comment isn't hidden as anonymous. I'm Ralph Mulleins (Room 217 Caretaker), Cumberland VA.

I only read/post in Calvin's Corner. It's the ONLY area of thedarktower.org I find interesting or even want to participate in. If others are going to start leaving negative reps/comments for those of us who really don't give a rats ass about other parts of the site....well, I see the sad ending of something I use as daily therapy.....talking/sharing with other collectors who understand my passion. Please don't get me wrong, if other members want to post elsewhere, have at it, I'm happy for you, it just means I will miss that post.

Ralph Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Room 217 Caretaker (The Closet)
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My 2p (cents) worth. All of my approx 1100 have been here in the corner. I find Bob's contribution top notch, from his collection sharing, his years of collecting stories he shares and his opinions on sigs etc. are all excellent imo. He seems to be pretty modest but he is one of the worlds (yes the whole world folk) most foremost Stephen King collectors and he posts on this site. I don't mean this reply to sound like a Carlosdetweiler fan club effort - I don't speak to him more than any other member or pm him all the time or anything, but the forum would be a poorer place without his contributions. Just my personal opinion.

Here Bob. Have a ------->

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The others have said it well. Bob IS a major contributor to the site given his breadth and depth of his knowledge of King collectibles. The site would be much poorer without him.

John

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not contributed? Jesus, for any King fan, just one look at his collection thread makes you want to run naked thru his basement. .....but in Texas we shoot people who do that...

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Whoever sent that comment to Bob is an ass.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob's posts have given me a TON of info on King collecting. I've spoken with him and he is a world class guy-THE Stephen King Collector.....
    When I describe my collection, I always tell my friends, yes, but there is a guy I know in Texas who has the BEST collection I know.
    Not to change gears BUT:
    I am a HUGE Bayern München fan....all I want today is a Champion's League win.....
    BUT
    back to Bob
    World Class...

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    As far as cross-pollination is concerned, I do find it strange that the collectors and "others" are separate.
    I feel the same way. It's almost as if CC is treated as an entirely different site, when in reality it's linked to every other sub-forum. Like other members, I read and post in both "areas" of the site. Not naming names, but there are more than a few occasions where, to me, it seems as if some CC posters don't want members outside the Corner to join in the discussion and sit at the "cool kids" table.
    That is the nature of every hobby. There is always someone that looks down on you because your involvement is less than theirs. Whether it be book collecting or mountain biking or radio controlled planes.

It is also understandable....if I have a $50 used Huffy bike, I can understand why I would not be invited to join a ride were the average cost of the other's bikes was $5,000.

On the previous page, someone posted "I'm not even 100% sure I know what "S/L" even means". Based on that comment, he (of she) and I are probably not going to have too many conversations here because their interests and my interests are clearly on a different path.

Likewise, I think I have one hell of a King collection, but there are several people here that have outdone me by leaps and bounds. So in some circles here, I am at the cool kids table, but in others, I am still at the freshmen table (ok...maybe the sophomore table).
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

Go Bob!!

Seriously. If you're a book collector it's logical to spend most of the limited time online you have talking about and searching for books. That's why we sort of congregate in The Corner. If you don't 'get' the collector-mindset The Corner is not an interesting place to hang around. So you post about other stuff, in other places. Easy as that. Everybody happy.

To say that Bob 'doesn't contribute' is beyond stupid. So please STFU and GFY

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    The collecting subforum is just that. A subforum of a larger site that tries to provide a venue for expression and discussion amongst people with a common interest in Stephen King's writings. Calvin's Corner is not meant to be exclusive any more than any other subforum or thread on the site. Historically I have seen collectors happy to answer questions from, and freely share information with, less experienced collectors and merely curious non-collectors. In fact, there is an entire thread dedicated to questions at any level. Overall, the spirit at TDT.org has strived to be welcoming to all interested members and potential members. No well-meaning person should feel intimidated or unwelcome anywhere on the site, including Calvin's Corner.

Bob, the time you spend on, and the value of your contributions to, this website are beyond reproach.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    So in some circles here, I am at the cool kids table, but in others, I am still at the freshmen table (ok...maybe the sophomore table).
    I think that puts me at the kids table ...but I'm trying!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"Exactly what kind of contributions do you find lacking, motherfucker?"

LOL! Bob, as the future owner of TDT.org (whether Jerome knows/accepts it or not, lol), I love your contributions. Your collection posts and your "history of a short story" posts are some of my favorites. I only wish you'd post more!

Gunslinger Apprentice hyraxia will become famous soon enough hyraxia's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been around a long time, there were a handful of names I remembered from before this site...names I was pleased to see when I joined here last week...names I associated with a bit of SK wisdom...names I associated with integrity...names I associated with good collectors...

Unfortunately, Bob, you weren't amongst them...ha...only joking..., you're at the top of the list...you've always been a valuable contributor, I can tell you that from half a decade of me being on the quiet...

I always remember John for proofs and you and someone else at the top of the tree...

Was it Hutch? That name rings a bell, is he around still?
    www.hyraxia.com - Specialist sellers of Speculative Fiction Modern First Editions.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hutch is still alive and well....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 347 of 972 FirstFirst ... 247 297 337 345 346 347 348 349 357 397 447 847 ... LastLast