Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 342 of 972 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 340 341 342 343 344 352 392 442 842 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 24293

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Pennywise Army WIP.

First prototypes to be painted tomorrow.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol I want one!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice. Are you doing them Ari?
    What's their size?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Put me on the list (given that you have one Ari)
    We all float down here!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I have my first job interview in 12 years this morning. The last time I interviewed, I met with the hiring manager for an hour, and got the job. Today, I'm meeting with 4 individuals over a 3 hour time span, and then taking a one hour technical aptitude test. It will be interesting!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Good luck! I'm sure you'll nail it.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck, not that you will need it

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good luck bdwyer!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck bdwyer!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good luck!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Helping my cousin move the next two days. Bad side: moving heavy shit for 12 of the next 48 hours. Good side: $10/hr for my unemployed ass

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I survived the half-day of interviews. Surprisingly, the test I was to take turned out to be a Wonderlich test. Now I get to find out if I'm smarter than the average football player!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yay Brian... I'm sure you'll do fine on the test.

Stebbins, that's great, keep the good vibes in your life and good things will come your way!!!
    Christine

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I cannot stand the USPS, and need to vent.

Last week, I sent an item to Betts Books, and a week later I hear from David that the box arrived beat to hell, and the item inside mildly damaged.

Today, I go to the Post Office to ship something to Bad Penny in Australia, and because I chose to re-use a Priority Flat-Rate box that I had received something in, they want to charge me $85. They go on to inform me that if I had used a "regular" Priority box (which is the same length and width as the Flat-Rate box....but is in fact two inches TALLER than the Flat-Rate box), it will cost $35 less.

Both boxes are free to consumers.....but the Post Office wants to charge me MORE to ship my item in a smaller box.....and LESS to ship my item in a larger box.

I had no choice but to go home with the item, and a free Priority box, and repack it. Of course, the Post Office is now closed, and now Bad Penny has to wait several more days for his item.

The USPS is run by fucking idiots I have decided. They should just close their doors and let FEDEX take over.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Agree 100%. I detest the USPS. I use FedEx whenever possible.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish they had closed on Saturdays as proposed....and then completely.

Fucking Congress worried about the senior citizen vote....the only people that actually look forward to mail anyways.

Sorry...I am in a shitty mood.

And one more thing....they have a guy with a clipboard asking you questions and filling out a slip of paper he gives you to hand to the employee that ends up actually helping you. Here is an idea, give the asshole with the clipboard a cash register and have him ACTUALLY help customers by conducting business with them......not "prepping" them to do business.

Again....sorry....in a shitty mood.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Did the USPS really jack up the international rates with the last increase?

I just shipped a book to the UK and initially the only way they would even offer insurance was if it was shipped using Global Express. That was around $80, so the buyer requested Priority for $55 instead.
    Thankfully the smart employee was working the desk that day and figured out that it was better to send it as Registered Mail using First class international. Cheapre than priority and tracking as well as insurance up to $25k are included.
    Mark Twain

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Our post office is a joke. No more surface mail to foreign countries is plain stupid. Try to send one book to Germany and I bet it is more than the book costed. Simply stupid that everything has to o by air. Stop Saturday delivery. Who cares? Too bad it is not run like a normal business. The snail pace of the workers drives me nuts. You could have a huge line but one guy has to go on break? Bankrupt and losing money is all we have to show for it.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Those people have no sense of urgency whatsoever.

There is always some attendant who is doing "something else" instead of helping customers.

And yes....it should be run like a business...including hours like 9am to 9pm
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

CRAZY STUFF...........

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

IT.........

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The other day we had FedEx deliver a package, just mounts for the comp monitors (thankfully) cause the box they came in looked like someone had set it in a pool of water and let the box soak it up. I had nightmares about getting The Stand S/l in that box that night.
    Christine

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    CRAZY STUFF...........

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi guys!

Long time, no me. 2013 has been a whirlwind of activity. I spent the first quarter doing a very large refinance for one of my customers. I didn't sleep for a couple months. Then after 14+ years with the company, I quit my job in order to relocate back to northern California full-time. I have now moved 300 miles north and start my new job tomorrow morning.

It is still weird for me that I don't have a 5-hour drive ahead of me tonight, given that I work tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well, and that George's arm is healing. I look forward to catching up with the site and with everyone over the coming week.

Glad to be back!
    - Patrick

p.s. With the exception of Jerome, any address anyone has for me is now obsolete.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

It is still weird for me that I don't have a 5-hour drive ahead of me tonight, given that I work tomorrow.
    Congrats and best of luck. I did the 5 hour thing (central FL to Homestead Florida) for about a year and it was the worst. I suffered the family suffered and my work suffered.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 342 of 972 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 340 341 342 343 344 352 392 442 842 ... LastLast